PDA

View Full Version : How to make family members have more childrens at 1 year aging script

MaximianusBR
12-28-2006, 06:04
I've been playng with a script that make characters age 1 year per turn...it's nice but family members dies like flies ...I would like to know if I can double the fertility(or something that would have the same effect), so the family members are "refilled" at the same rate they die now...and how to do it?

Niccolo Machiavelli
01-25-2007, 20:36
You can go to the export_descr_character_traits.txt in your mod folder and add the line Effect Fertility 1 (or 2) to some traits you think it's fitting...

However, the mod fixing the aging I know (don't know the authors name) is broken - devastation doesn't go away...

iceman0486
02-10-2007, 00:15
You shouldnt really need to download anything to make the turns one year, since there is a text file you can edit in the Total War data file. I changed the turns to 1 turn = 1 year, and I have noticed no problems, and my family memebers have plenty of kids. Remember that MTWII doesnt really reflect realism in that most kids died, and no one really wants to see that your family had 97 children but 96 of them died so you get to keep one. Thus, low birthrate.

DarkKnight
02-10-2007, 17:57
You shouldnt really need to download anything to make the turns one year, since there is a text file you can edit in the Total War data file. I changed the turns to 1 turn = 1 year, and I have noticed no problems, and my family memebers have plenty of kids. Remember that MTWII doesnt really reflect realism in that most kids died, and no one really wants to see that your family had 97 children but 96 of them died so you get to keep one. Thus, low birthrate.
That doesn't affect the rate at which characters age.

Foz
02-10-2007, 20:29
The reason we don't have an option to make characters age at different rates is because we shouldn't be changing that. All the mechanics for characters are based on TURNS, not on years. Therefore they should always age based on the turns, not on the years, or else all the careful planning and work to make them work correctly is wasted. Making them age at year speed (i.e. much faster) will make them unable to build up any useful governing traits, will make it very much more difficult to successfully crusade before the leader of it dies, and in general leads to awful problems like you're trying to address by making them pump out babies much faster. It just shouldn't be done, it messes up... well, everything.

Abokasee
02-12-2007, 08:48
*Ignore*