PDA

View Full Version : The hurqs Gamespy Problem

ELITEofBLIZZARD
12-28-2006, 14:26
Hi guys.

What follows is not just my personal problem but the problem of many Online players.

Especially from 18:00 Gmt and later we have massive hosting problems.
The problem is, the hosts Gamespy connection is interrupted in a period of 1-5 minutes.

If this happens as long as you are still picking ur units, the game crashes. And its very heard to get a game full and also get all participants getting their units in sometimes less than 2 minutes. It doesnt work very often. I spend hours a day waiting for one damn 3vs3 game. Most of the time it only works if u have 6 known guys with saved armies. Otherwise you'll go crazy after a time...

Does anybody have some tips or a solution to avoid that problem? Would be really great because we love to play 3vs3 a lot more than stupid 1on1 all the time...

RUHM und EHRE

Blizzard

Orda Khan
12-28-2006, 17:00
You could always try Hamachi

.....Orda

YellowMelon
12-28-2006, 18:00
This is a problem that can only be solved by gamespy not being cheap and getting some more lobbies...in peak times even in rtw this happened. People would avoid the populated lobbies and hit up the chat/comp lobbies.

Jochi Khan
12-28-2006, 18:07
Have you tried hosting 2v2 games? If so, do you have the same problem then?
I host 2v2 and so far have not experienced this problem. Maybe I have been lucky.
As Orda posted, there is an alternative with Hamachi.
The difference with this is you are then restricted to the number of people you are in contact with. 16 to a server.

ELITEofBLIZZARD
12-28-2006, 18:49
Yes 2vs2 also... and hamachi isnt a real alternative... if we are enoug ELITE online we can play on gs but if we want some open games that doesnt work... but though i think some people dont have this probs... dont know.

Puzz3D
12-29-2006, 14:17
This is a problem that can only be solved by gamespy not being cheap and getting some more lobbies...in peak times even in rtw this happened. People would avoid the populated lobbies and hit up the chat/comp lobbies.
Gamespy doesn't make the lobbies. Everything is done by the client software (the game), so it's CA that would have to make the changes in a patch if it's a problem.