PDA

View Full Version : A question from a total realism fan

Baldwin of Jerusalem
12-29-2006, 01:17
Whats the thinking behind extending the map eastward? I notice that the Turks have a huge amount of territory in Persia. Their rule there was rather transient historically wasnt it? It looks to me as though their going to be so entrenched in that area that even the Timurids will be hard pressed to remove them and their focus should be further to the west against the Byzantines(rather powerful in an expanded Anatolia).

saapas
12-29-2006, 10:18
Check this post (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1405928&postcount=40), it should answer your questions.

kataphraktoi
12-29-2006, 17:46
Thats easy Baldwin, in MTW the Turks (as Seljuqs) did not get to exercise their full power because they did not get to utilise the resources of their empire...which in 1071 was quite considerable. Plus, we feel, the East needed a boost up in profile and importance.

Profitable for the man who controls Bukhara and Samarqand

mayhem87
12-29-2006, 22:46
Hi, can you tell me some units from bohemia warfare? Im lookin forward to this. And if you want, I can advice something from Bohemia.... And thx for add this nation.
( and how much % completed of the mod? :)

Baldwin of Jerusalem
12-30-2006, 01:25
Hmmm, interesting points. The map looks really good by the way. Very good faction selection too. Why did you get rid of Milan? Was it because the Italian wars cant really be implemented in proper detail? I actually agree, if thats the case.

kataphraktoi
12-30-2006, 02:03
We just felt that a city state like Milan was more of a rebel faction - which it was in every sense. Milan's case was more of a decentralisation (urban city independence) versus centralisation issue and ran counter to the idea of creating an empire which is turn is the idea of Total War.

Baldwin of Jerusalem
12-30-2006, 13:50
Yes, agreed. As I say, the games dynamic wont really allow the sort of detail required to show the infighting between city states in that area. Thanks for the reply, Ive been hugely impressed with Total realism mods and Ill be sure to download this one too.

mayhem87
01-03-2007, 21:43
Can you start a topic of news from mod? We all lookin forward to mod, and some news or pictures of units will be great... I dunno in which phase you guys r in.... but you can inform us of your work... :balloon2: