PDA

View Full Version : Unpacking "localized.pack"

FrauGloer
12-29-2006, 16:56
To all those out there who own a localized version of the game:

Has anyone been able to unpack the "localized.pack" file? If yes, how? I've tried it via the unpacker command prompt I successfully unpacked the other packs with, but it doesn't seem to work on that particular file... :help:

The point is, parts of the localization (german) are just plain wrong, e.g. missile units being classified as "Schießstände" (archery ranges) instead of "Schützen" ('shooters'), while some are just wierd (e.g. the castle of Acre is correctly named Akkon, while the province is still called Acre). Additionaly, it's impossible to add/change unit descriptions, change province names (I hate Ireland being called "Region Dublin"), etc.

Any :help: would be very much appreciated!

alpaca
12-29-2006, 20:37
Moved to modding questions.
I have no idea really, I use the English version, but the .strings.bin files shouldn't mess up your localization.

Toffer
02-21-2007, 01:33
I am having the same problem installing MTW2. It will try to install and when it gets to the localized.pack it gives me an error message and discontinues the download. I thought that it was an error with the disk so I took it back and exchanged it, but had the exact same problem with the second set. I tried contacting Sega but their customer service is a joke. The have never responded back to me. I have a newer computer and try to install from a DVD rom drive and have all the requirements listed on the box for install. You guys are my last hope. Please help me:help: