PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty level

Hyborian
12-30-2006, 03:25
could someone pls recommend the ideal difficulty level for the EB mod?I want the battle to be as hard as possible in a realistic level so I guess that Hard will be fine.My problem is with the campaign difficulty.Which do u think is the most realistic one?I dont want anybody to backstabb me if its possible but I neither want everybody to sit idle to just wait for his doom.Thanx in advance

Zaknafien
12-30-2006, 03:33
EB has been always recommended to be played on Campaign Very Hard, Battles Medium. This gives the most realistic gameplay experience possible.

kalkwerk
01-09-2007, 12:00
I play at VH/VH with BI.exe and am enjoying that. You will actually loose battles on this difficulty - which is a good thing.

Numahr
01-09-2007, 12:35
I would like to ask the Devs:
You always recommanded VH for the campaign difficulty.
Now we all know that on VH the AI has weird behaviors in the the diplomatic field. It gets income bonus, true... but it gets some anyway through the script.
So why not recommanding H so that diplomacy can become more interesting? Because of "rebels" behavior maybe?

Zaknafien
01-09-2007, 15:30
these "rebels" are factions of their own, they should be aggresive elsewise why have them there at all? they're not just speedbumps for expanding factions.

and ive found no diplomatic problems on VH, i still get peace agreements, client states, gifts, etc.

of course you can play on whatever difficulty you want, its just not the recommendation of the team.

Conqueror
01-09-2007, 19:49
To be honest, I'm not seeing all that supposed rebel aggression. It seems to me, that once you have stone walls up and decent garrisons in your cities the rebels simply don't want to attack anymore. In one province in Iberia there is 3 fullstacks of Eleutheroi but they just hang around and leave my city alone. They do attack small armies that approach them, but that's about it. I only really had any trouble with the rebels in the very beginning of my Karthadast campaign, because I had tiny garrisons and no walls in many of my starting cities.

sages
01-09-2007, 20:14
"I play at VH/VH with BI.exe and am enjoying that. You will actually loose battles on this difficulty - which is a good thing."

Yeah, I usually play VH/H or VH/VH, but my current Casse campaign is VH/M. I'm finding the battles quite a bit too easy.

Fondor_Yards
01-09-2007, 22:52
To be honest, I'm not seeing all that supposed rebel aggression. It seems to me, that once you have stone walls up and decent garrisons in your cities the rebels simply don't want to attack anymore. In one province in Iberia there is 3 fullstacks of Eleutheroi but they just hang around and leave my city alone. They do attack small armies that approach them, but that's about it. I only really had any trouble with the rebels in the very beginning of my Karthadast campaign, because I had tiny garrisons and no walls in many of my starting cities.

As the Saka, Aedui, and Getai I've had rebels seige towns and attack small stacks and lone generals out in the field. The rebels aren't a problem to the major empires of the time, which they weren't. They were an annoying problem but that was it. For the minor factions they can be a major pain, just as they should have.

PS: I've also seen thoses full stacks in Iberia. It's from the cursed celtberian army spawning thing. There are only two in mine, but they all have at least triple silver chevrons and they somehow bypassed the unit sizes *they have 200 men in some units, I'm playing at large settings so that is impossable*. So everytime someone attacks the town all they do is spawn another uber army and give the others more exp, it's crazy.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
01-09-2007, 23:38
I fought three of those Celtiberian armies, then I found a historic battle marker in Lusitanni that said that guy defeated the Lusitannians (ironic them being allies), but none of the three armies I fought were depleted so that had to be a fourth.

kalkwerk
01-10-2007, 02:44

Actual I think its quite historical if stone walls really had this impact on rebels behaviour. Sorry to say they just conquered Lilyobaum from me (with stone walls).

Numahr
01-10-2007, 12:22
Actually I really like the "rebels". In my Gallic (Averni) game, I see them as indendant tribes on my territory; they behave this way, sometimes staying where they are for years and decades, somehow neutral to me as long as I say towards them.
Their "ravaging" the tiles around them, in my understanding, means that I don't control the ressources in this area, which makes sense. So actually my still weak empire is filled with such semi-autonomous tribes.
Sometimes one of them gets too agressive (a political conflict explodes) and I have to defeat them. And one day an ambitious King may just defeat all of them and impose its rule all over the "Averni" territory...

Dumbass
01-10-2007, 17:59
and ive found no diplomatic problems on VH, i still get peace agreements, client states, gifts, etc.

You get client states!?! How!?!

Conqueror
01-10-2007, 23:13
You get client states!?! How!?!
Attack another faction, beat the daylights out of them and send your diplomat to have a chat with them with demands that they become a protectorate.