PDA

View Full Version : CWC Guidelines

Storm_Of_Shields
12-31-2006, 11:03
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/Shields/untitleda.jpg

CWC Guidelines V 1.0

1. All clans will be required 2 emissaries with an encouraged 3 emissary, so that rounds stay on course and this competition can remain interested.

2. The Format of the competition will be a Double Elimination.
a. A small example, 8 clans.
i. http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~tlgokl

3. Round Length
a. All clans will have 2 weeks to complete the round.
i. Clans will recieve an extra week if they need, provided they prove to the admins that negotiations were going on off the boards (as we will see whether they were on the boards or not)
ii. If clans cannot complete negotiations within the 2(3) week period then the
two best players in the clan will face each other in 1 final week. The
era/florin level/ and map will be chosen by the Admins to ensure fair
play and to discourage possible dishonorable clans, who would use this 1v1 to
their advantage and wait for this to happen, therefore mocking the trust of
the admins (this is subject to change) (If it is proven a clan waited for
this, then a 2 competition ban will be given to the clan, noone will mock or
take advantage of the trust of the admins)

iii. If no agreement time and such is never reached between the clans and both
had proven they were working on a time, then on the 30th day after the start
of the round at 12 am CST we will randomnly chose the clan to move on. (Time
has been a problem in the past, and clans have not shown they can be trusted
to finish in enough time, therefore no excuses will be accepted, you will
have had 1 month to finish the round and did not get it done. Until clans
can prove they will finish the round in plenty of time, the round length
rules will be lifted but not until the next competition)

4. Army rules
a. there will be no Art or Elephants allowed in the competition
b. there will no rule on cav spam or pike spam. (yes i felt like adding that)
c. You. The clans are the rule makers, you are the diplomats the emissaries the ones who
get what you want for your clans. You work for your clan and it is your job to
organize the times. The CWC uses no rules other than the obvious ones, if things don’t
go your way, then it is you who are to blame as you organize it.

5. Maps will be chosen by the admins.

6. If any clan is proven to have corner camped they will be given the automatic series loss. If it happens a second time, they will be banned 1 competition.

7. Save replays, conversations, armies, and any other information deemed useful in case of disputed battles.

8. If any player is accused and found guilty of misbehavior or insult, on the CWC boards or during any CWC related event. They will be banned for the remainder of the competition.
a. If it is proven, a clan had this player impersonate another one of their own players, so that the banned clan member can play, will be issued a 2 competition ban.

9. Clans can enter 2 teams, but will be removed if there are more clans than slots.
a. Players cannot play on both teams.

10. There will be a 50$ prize issued by me, to the winning clan to use for their Forum/Website or clan bank

11. All clan disputes stay of the boards or those involved will be removed for the rest of the competition
a. Any comments of racism, or personal insults family related (hopefully this is understood) on or off the CWC boards will result in a player ban for the competition.
The CWC is a staunch follower of the Code of Honour and you are expected to follow it.

Please state anything you think I am missing.

Totalwaronline.com

x-dANGEr
12-31-2006, 12:27
Can you clarify Double Elimination, plaese?

Storm_Of_Shields
12-31-2006, 14:15
A Double Elimination in essence takes two losses to lose, and in case of the CWC two series, if you lose in one round you still have one other chance to win the tournament, it will give smaller clans more of a chance.

Monarch
12-31-2006, 20:05
A Double Elimination in essence takes two losses to lose, and in case of the CWC two series, if you lose in one round you still have one other chance to win the tournament, it will give smaller clans more of a chance.

:2thumbsup:

Storm_Of_Shields
01-05-2007, 14:57
CWC Guidelines V 1.1 (Changes in Bold)

1. All clans will be required 2 emissaries with an encouraged 3 emissary, so that rounds stay on course and this competition can remain interested.

2. The Format of the competition will be a Double Elimination.
a. A small example, 8 clans.
i. http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~tlgokl

ii. Championship Series will be best of 5

iii. Clans can chose if they wish to try a 4v4 or go with a 3v3.

3. Round Length
a. All clans will have 2 weeks to complete the round.
i. Clans will recieve an extra week if they need, provided they prove to the admins that negotiations were going on off the boards (as we will see whether they were on the boards or not)

ii. If clans cannot complete negotiations within the 2(3) week period then the
admins will select a designated time on both Saturday and Sunday of the final week.
Failure to meet at these designated times will result in a random clan moving on depending
that both either showed the effort to meet up throughout the month. Should only one clan have
made the effort they will automatically move on, if both do not make the effort than they will be
removed and replaced by either an already eliminated clan and/or one waiting in the wings.
(if the 2 teams that replace the 2 terminated teams makes the championships than they will have to play an extra series)

iii. If no agreement time and such is never reached between the clans and both
had proven they were working on a time, then on the 30th day after the start
of the round at 12 am CST we will randomnly chose the clan to move on. (Time
has been a problem in the past, and clans have not shown they can be trusted
to finish in enough time, therefore no excuses will be accepted, you will
have had 1 month to finish the round and did not get it done. Until clans
can prove they will finish the round in plenty of time, the round length
rules will be lifted but not until the next competition)

4. Army rules
a. there will be no Art or Elephants allowed in the competition. (This is a set rule and therefore cannot be changed)
b. there will no rule on cav spam or pike spam. (Only Clans can change this by negotiation)
c. You. The clans are the rule makers, you are the diplomats the emissaries the ones who
get what you want for your clans. You work for your clan and it is your job to
organize the times. The CWC uses no rules other than the obvious ones, if things don’t
go your way, then it is you who are to blame as you organize it.

5. Maps will be chosen by the admins.

6. If any clan is proven to have corner camped they will be given the automatic loss for that game. If it happens a second time, they will be given the series loss.
a. Note: corner camping is of course sending all your armies to the corner and using the sides
of the map as protection on your flanks while at full strength.

7. Save replays, conversations, armies, and any other information deemed useful in case of disputed battles.

8. If any player is accused and found guilty of misbehavior or insult, on the CWC boards or during any CWC related event. They will be banned for the remainder of the competition.
a. If it is proven, a clan had this player impersonate another one of their own players, so that the banned clan member can play, will be issued a 2 competition ban.

9. Clans can enter 2 teams, but will be removed if there are more clans than slots.
a. Players cannot play on both teams.

10. There will be a 50$ prize issued by me, to the winning clan to use for their Forum/Website or clan bank

11. All clan disputes stay of the boards or those involved will be removed for the rest of the competition
a. Any comments of racism, or personal insults family related (hopefully this is understood) on or off the CWC boards will result in a player ban for the competition.
The CWC is a staunch follower of the Code of Honour and you are expected to follow it.

Please state anything you think I am missing.

Totalwaronline.com

Lavos
01-05-2007, 16:49
One question, can ronins still play?

RTKBarrett
01-05-2007, 17:05
I believe teams can be made up of ronins, so yes shields? :P

Storm_Of_Shields
01-05-2007, 19:38
Yes Ronins can be hired by clans to play in the tournament, Lavos i am not sure but do you recall ronin only teams in the past? it seems familiar but I do not remember

AggonyLion
01-06-2007, 13:34
Aye there Was [Vet clan] i do beleave all Ronins

Lavos
01-06-2007, 15:30
Yea, I think there was one also, but don't think there would be enough ronins for that, I'll just register in case anyone needs a player.

And congratulations on new position Shelds at cwc, I hope they pay you enough enough for booze. :)