PDA

View Full Version : men going flying when hit with a cavalry charge

Falc
12-31-2006, 19:42
Hi
I have recently come back to RTW to play the stunning EB, however i have noticed that the dramatic images of men going flying due to an cavalry charge or stampeding elephant have been removed. While I completly understand this change, i did enjoy seeing the results in such a graphic fashion, how could i put these animations back into the game?
Thanks all
falc

blank
12-31-2006, 19:58
Elephants still throw men into the air when they attack :egypt:

Zaknafien
12-31-2006, 21:24
thats not true at alll, i get men flying through the air all the time, from horses, not just elephants.

Karo
12-31-2006, 22:46
Try to charge from behind the unit and you will see them fly:2thumbsup:

Caratacos
01-02-2007, 22:40
Depending on how much you want "men going flying" you can also change the mass of horse units in:

your RTW folder/EB/Data/descr_mount

i tweaked mine a little bit. worked like a charm.

Zastrow
01-03-2007, 16:21
On a side note, I doubt in an age before stirrups cavalry were charging with enough force to send heavily armored men sailing into the air about 10 feet. :inquisitive:

MSB
01-03-2007, 18:57
I see my men flying all the time. Mostly when I have a unit in phalanx that turns round and starts attacking.

Tellos Athenaios
01-06-2007, 02:41
I hardly ever have seen the men flying, with (among a few) this violent exception:

I happened to have an army trained for assault, and it was waiting to attack Thermon when I spotted the last remaining standing army of my current sole enemy: KH. My army contained 6 stone projectors of the heaviest type, some argyraspidai and some thorakitai... KH fielded 2 units of Thorakitai, one unit of Peltastai, and the 'Faction Heir'. My artillery 'bowled' them all from the field save one very frightned bodyguard.... (The artillery was stunningly effective, especially compared to the Vanilla Heavy Onagers.)