PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Blog #3 Discussion

alpaca
01-01-2007, 17:46
Well, as the title says, any discussion on our third blog (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1370804&postcount=3) should go here :juggle2:

paullus
01-03-2007, 15:05
how many different shields can you have in the same unit? i counted somewhere around 8 in the screenies. looks good.

and when you say you'll try to keep traits down, do you mean setting up particular trait chains for different qualities (like leadership, managerial skill, etc?) and then having the character progress along those chains? how would you avoid having a lot of characters end up very similar? or will there still be a good amount of other traits? having key traits closely tied into a few chains seems like a great idea to me, so long as there are other, less important, random traits to spice up characters.

alpaca
01-03-2007, 18:00
how many different shields can you have in the same unit? i counted somewhere around 8 in the screenies. looks good.

and when you say you'll try to keep traits down, do you mean setting up particular trait chains for different qualities (like leadership, managerial skill, etc?) and then having the character progress along those chains? how would you avoid having a lot of characters end up very similar? or will there still be a good amount of other traits? having key traits closely tied into a few chains seems like a great idea to me, so long as there are other, less important, random traits to spice up characters.
Yes that is one of the ideas we're following. We ponder a system that is somewhat similar to EB's in using key traits as prerequisites for others: the current idea is going with the so-called four humours (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_humours)

shifty157
01-03-2007, 18:36
Yeah thats pretty similar to what we're planning. Some major chains, some fun little one-off traits, and even some fun little temporary traits like injuries and diseases.

paullus
01-05-2007, 03:11
sounds good. i'm also impressed with the weekly blog. not only is it consistent, they all seem to be put together well.

Solo
01-05-2007, 10:56
It's difficult to say how many different shields are used per unit (I'd say something like eight for each unit but I've never tested with larger unit sizes in fact). What I can say is that there are 34 unique pictures for this one kind of shield (per faction of course). Since four of them are being used for the orders, there's a max of 30 different ones on the battlefield.

Barny Bangs
01-16-2007, 12:19
Myself, just reaching the final years of my first campaign, just started shopping around for interesting mods to try out later. You guys are on the top of my list. Honestly, the cultural assimilation mechanics sound really awsome.

I know it will take quite some time for the mod to be finished, yet I want you to know you got one more fan here.

Cheers, keep up the great work.