PDA

View Full Version : Modding Armor Upgrades

KomradeK
01-01-2007, 22:42
I'm trying to delete or add armor or weapon upgrade levels. I just deleted the latter values of armour_ug_levels and armor_ug_models and changed the respect values in the stat_armour_ex to 0. But the game wouldn't respond to my changes. For example, I changed the Berdiche Axmen to

stat_armour_ex 5,7,0,0,6,0,0

Armour_ug_levels 3,4

armour_ug_models Berdiche_Axemen, Berdiche_Axemen_ug2

unit_info 15,0,11

So that should mean 1 base +1 Upgrade. The base unit has 5 armor and requires a level 3 smith and looks like the image in the Berdiche_Axemen file. And the upgraded unit should have 7 armor and requires a level 4 smith and should look like the picture of Berdiche_Axemen_ug2.

But the numbers are all different, when upgraded the armor rating should be 7 resulting in a 13 defence but it's at 6 with a 12 defence. When I changed the upgrade values all to 100 and tested the game the base armor value got lowered to 3 and each upgrade gave 1 extra armor.

Are there some other files that need to be changed as well for this?

Musashi
01-01-2007, 23:25
Note that those lines are commented out in the file (They start with a ; character, which means the game ignores them) and if you uncomment them (Take the ; off) they crash the game.

So at this point no one knows how to mod armor levels. It may not be possible.

KomradeK
01-01-2007, 23:37
Note that those lines are commented out in the file (They start with a ; character, which means the game ignores them) and if you uncomment them (Take the ; off) they crash the game.

So at this point no one knows how to mod armor levels. It may not be possible.
Thanks for the reply.

So the weapon and skill (chevrons) levels also can't be modded right? I don't even see a stats value for them in the unit text file.

So you only can change the initial values of the armor/weapon rating if you want to make your unit stronger/weaker?

And I think this has been asked before but can I get a link that explains what do the

Skeleton compensation factor
Min delay between attacks(1/10 sec)
Damage Type
Weapon Type
Tech Type

Like how they affect the out come of a battle.

Casuir
01-02-2007, 06:28
Weapons are improved by bonuses in the buildings file and chevrons are gained by experience in battle and by building bonuses on recruitment. The bonuses they add look to be hardcoded and probably the same as in rome. +1 for weapons, not sure about exp

The armour upgrading looks to be a straight +1 as in rome, the only thing thats been added is different visual models for the upgrades and a way to specify which level of smith a unit gets upgraded at. Looks to be a limit of 6 lvls of armour and 3 upgrades per unit. The actual names of the armour levels can be specified by faction in the expanded.txt file in the text folder. Looks like the ex line is a feature that didnt make the final cut, what we got is nice enough though.

KomradeK
01-02-2007, 18:08
Weapons are improved by bonuses in the buildings file and chevrons are gained by experience in battle and by building bonuses on recruitment. The bonuses they add look to be hardcoded and probably the same as in rome. +1 for weapons, not sure about exp

The armour upgrading looks to be a straight +1 as in rome, the only thing thats been added is different visual models for the upgrades and a way to specify which level of smith a unit gets upgraded at. Looks to be a limit of 6 lvls of armour and 3 upgrades per unit. The actual names of the armour levels can be specified by faction in the expanded.txt file in the text folder. Looks like the ex line is a feature that didnt make the final cut, what we got is nice enough though.
So the weapon and armor upgrade is a +1 for each level always? When I read the unit text file some have their base level at 5 and the next level at like 7. But that line as Musashi said is commented out.

So I guess I can only specify how many upgrades there are for each unit and what smith level is required but not what each level adds.

dopp
01-03-2007, 11:45
That is correct.