PDA

View Full Version : Stop to Setting changes?

Malachus
01-01-2007, 23:59
Hey guys, since the patch, I've been having problems with regards to settings reverting back to their original state upon every new loading of the game.

I know in the .cfg file I can change some settings, and these remain permanent. But settings like the Texture quality I cannot find in the .cfg file and they keep changing everytime I load the game anew.

Any clear up on this issue would be wonderful.

Have a Happy New Year,

Malachus

Musashi
01-02-2007, 06:22
Are you using a mod?

Malachus
01-02-2007, 09:02
Yea, I have the mod switch stuff/ [io] file_first stuff all functioning perfectly. The only thing that keeps going wrong is some of my settings are reverting back whenever I restart the game.

For example, I'll start the game (using my mod), and it loads fine. I'll set the texture quality to high and apply them. The battles run smooth, so there's no problem there. But when I close the game and restart it at a later time, I find that the texture quality has reverted back to medium.

The same problem occurred when I changed from battle HUD to minimal UI during battles or changed shadow quality. Whenever I reloaded the game, those changes were reverted back to their original setting. The difference is that those settings actually have lines in the .cfg file, so I have been able to set them to whatever I like and they remain so permanently.

It's just the texture quality one that's really bugging me. There's no line in the .cfg file (or so I believe...) so I haven't been able to keep the 'high' setting, and I find there to be quite a big difference between 'medium' and 'high' settings, at least on my comp.

Musashi
01-02-2007, 11:26
Yeah, I was asking because there's a bug in the game...

If you're using a mod switch, and you change options inside the game, they get saved to your base config file, instead of your mod config file... So they revert to how they were before the next time you run the mod.

Set the video options the way you want, close the game, open your base config file, copy the whole video section, paste it over the video section in your mod config file, save that, and start the game. It'll be set how you want.

Malachus
01-02-2007, 20:48
Sweet, thanks a lot man.