PDA

View Full Version : Mafia HoF 2006

Sasaki Kojiro
01-02-2007, 19:05
:balloon2: :balloon2: :balloon2:

Now that the new year has come it's time for the Mafia 2006 awards!

Votes must be bolded, and in the format Vote:Name. You may only vote for one person for each category but you are encouraged to list your next most suspicious people. Remember, voting without giving a reason helps the mafia! You are allowed to vote abstain but not vote no lynch. You may not vote for yourself. These aren't nominations like the other HoF, these are the votes, whoever gets the most wins.

The categories are as follows:

1) Best Mafioso

Vote for who you think gave the best performance as a Mafioso.

Shadows, Kagemusha
Lemur, Cowhead418
Kommodus, Gertgreggor
Masy,discovery1
Reenk, Seamus

Sasaki, GH, gorebag, Cowhead418
Csar, Myrddraal, GH

Sasaki, Xiahou, Destroyer of Hope

Crazed Rabbit (sk)
Sigurd, Wonderland, Orb
Silver Rusher, doc_bean, Ice

Proletariat, Sigurd, AggonyDuck, Ice
Divine Wind (sk)

Kagemusha, Crazed Rabbit

Proletariat, Reenk

Don Corleone, AggonyDuck

Orb (thing)

2)Best townie

Vote for who you think helps the town the most

Everyone.

3)Most enjoyable game

Vote for the game you enjoyed the most.

Mafia I-V (nominate one)
Godfather I-II (nominate one)
The thing
Cosa Nuova
Gotta have more mafia
Mini-Mafia
The black hand 2
Rise of the mob
Interficio quod scrupulosa

4) Best Write-ups

Vote for the best writing (introduction, kill, execution)

Game host or Mafioso/serial killer

5) Best Detective

Vote for you you think did the best job as detective, whether the town won that game or not.

Tiberius (Mafia II)
Crazed Rabbit (Mafia III)
Reenk (Mafia IV)
Banquo’s Ghost (Mafia V)
Ignoramus (TGF1)
theRTWGuru(TGF2)
Dutch_guy(TGF2)
Seamus (Cosa Nuova)
Kagemusha(Cosa Nuova, Rise of the mob)
GH(ghmm, tbh2)
EMFM(ghmm)
Gertgreggor(ghmm)
Silver Rusher(mini Mafia)
Doc_bean(Interficio)

6) Best claim

Vote for the best roleclaim, fake or genuine

Tiberius (Mafia II)
Sasaki (Mafia II <- :laugh4: , Cosa Nuova)
Kagemusha (Cosa Nuova, Rise of the Mob)
Ignoramus (the godfather 1)
GeneralHankerchief (The Godfather 2)
Seamus (Cosa Nuova)
Reenk (Mafia V)
Sigurd (Gotta have more mafia)
Doc_bean(Interficio)

7) Best pro-town role (non-detective)

Vote for the best performance in a non-detective pro town role.
Ghmm:

Zalmoxis doctor
Dutch_Guy doctor
Ignoramus prostitute
discovery1 bus driver
Cowhead418 vigilante
Reenk Roink hobo,
SSNeoperestroika mayor

Cosa Nuova:
Silver Rusher Doctor
BKS Doctor

Rise of the mob:
Peasant Phill Doctor

TBH2:
Reenk vigilante
Zalmoxis Doctor

8) Best Mafia Team

Which mafia group worked together the best

Shadows, Kagemusha
Lemur, Cowhead418
Kommodus, Gertgreggor
Masy,discovery1
Reenk, Seamus

Sasaki, GH, gorebag, Cowhead418
Csar, Myrddraal, GH

Sasaki, Xiahou, Destroyer of Hope

Crazed Rabbit (sk)
Sigurd, Wonderland, Orb
Silver Rusher, doc_bean, Ice

Proletariat, Sigurd, AggonyDuck, Ice
Divine Wind (sk)

Kagemusha, Crazed Rabbit

Proletariat, Reenk

Don Corleone, AggonyDuck

If I missed anyone on these lists let me know.

Kommodus
01-02-2007, 20:31
Sweet!

1) Best Mafioso:

Vote: GeneralHankerchief

For his performances in the Godfather series, especially Godfather II. Despite his team's defeat, that was some absolutely brilliant maneuvering.

2) Best Townie:

Vote: Sasaki Kojiro

Ample evidence shows that discussion = townspeople victory, and Sasaki Kojiro = lots of discussion. His tactics may be irksome to some, and he's certainly off on a lot of accusations, but he quite frequently draws the mafia out into the open by the end.

3) Most Enjoyable Game

Vote: Mafia III

I know that Godfather II was more wild and unpredictable, which did make it extremely fun, but I gotta go with the one I personally enjoyed the most. Not that I expect it to win.

4) Best Write-Ups

Vote: GeneralHankerchief

Several have been notable, but the original is hard to top. Many of his conventions are followed by other hosts (including me). Generous doses of humor make his write-ups light-hearted and enjoyable.

5) Best Detective

Vote: Seamus Fermanagh

For his performance in Cosa Nuova. I really thought he did an excellent job, coupling a solid voting analysis with his investigations to nail the final two mafiosi. It was even more remarkable considering he had only become a detective in mid-game.

6) Best Claim

Vote: Reenk Roink

Note: GeneralHankerchief should be added to this list for his detective claim in Godfather II, which was also excellent.

Reenk Roink gets my vote here because his false claim in Mafia V was convincing enough to send me reeling. No false claim is without error, but his was pretty darn close.

7) Best Pro-Town Role (Non-Detective)

Vote: Silver Rusher

He successfully predicted a mafia target in Cosa Nuova - no easy task. This ended up being quite influential in how the game turned out. (Plus, I feel Silver deserves to get a vote in here somewhere.)

8) Best Mafia Team

Vote: Sasaki, GH, Gorebag, Cowhead418

Their performance in Godfather I was, without a doubt, the best team-play I've ever seen in a mafia game. It's hard to find a flaw in their tactics. The townspeople didn't stand a chance.

Sasaki Kojiro
01-02-2007, 21:05
1) Best Mafioso:

Vote: Don Corleone

This is a really tough one. Reenk is an amazing convincing liar, Cowhead is an expert at slipping under the radar, Sigurd has won twice. But my vote has to go for Don for completely fooling me in Interficio quod Scrupulosa. It was only the detective that brought him down, if doc_bean had been killed he would have won.

2) Best Townie:

Vote: Kommodus

His numerical methods have proved deadly accurate at fingering mafiosi as Lemur, Masy, Reenk and Seamus can all attest. Has to be scary for any mafioso.

Myrddraal, Seamus, Sigurd, and GH can be counted on for insightful posts as well.

3) Most Enjoyable Game

Vote: The Godfather 2

No other game was as dramatic as this one. There's a reason it's the longest game so far. Three mafioso's to deal with and no help from detectives, elaborate false claims upon false claims, several rounds when we thought it was over but it wasn't and it came down to the wire at the end.

I quite enjoyed The Godfather 1, but a nailbiter it was not. The first round of Cosa Nuova was great, went down hill after though... :p I had to quit posting. Interficio and Rise of the mob had very tense conclusions.

4) Best Write-Ups

The writing for Cosa Nuova was the best of any game so far, and I really enjoyed his kills for mafia III. GH and Silver have good write ups as well, Reenks kills were very well done and the write ups sent to me for The Black Hand two were quite funny.

5) Best Detective

Vote: Seamus Fermanagh

Hmm, a number of these didn't accomplish much at all. Kagemusha gets points for his finding mafia round one abilities, but that has to be mostly random chance and he has trouble being believed. Tiberius found mafia but had the screenshots to back up his claim. doc_bean saved the town in Interficio but my vote has to go for Seamus. Not only did he save the town, but he got himself believed in a game where people were going to be quite wary of claimed detectives, and he found the last remaining mafioso for the win.

6) Best Claim

Vote: Sigurd

His claim won the game. They were set to lynch him and he convinced them that he was innocent and they should lynch someone else. No mean feat.

Seamus and doc_bean deserve mention as well, for aforementioned reasons.

Vote: Reenk Roink (hobo)

Very tempted to vote Silver for his doctor save of Peasant Phill which may very well have won the game for the town. But I'll go for Reenk instead, he turned what I thought was a weak role into a force to be feared, succesfully blocking several kills and thus revealing several killers. Also, he managed to vig a mafioso round one in the other game, not sure how random that was though.

8) Best Mafia Team

Vote: Myrddraal, GH, and Csar

They showed the best teamwork of any group I believe. GH and Myrddraal worked together to convince the town the were both detectives, while Csar slipped casually unnoticed as Godfather.

GeneralHankerchief
01-02-2007, 22:32
1. Best Mafioso

Vote: Sigurd Fafnesbane

Record stands out in this. He is two-for-two in mafia games. I really have to give him credit for both times managing to weasel his way out of a lynch when under fire (Gotta Have More Mafia with that great claim and Black Hand 2 for totally deceiving me :embarassed:).

2. Best townie

Vote: Sasaki

...for pretty much every time when he wasn't a mafioso. Special props go to Godfather 2, when, SOMEHOW, after the mafia had turned the entire town against him he STILL fought back and singlehandedly got me and Myrd lynched.

3. Most Enjoyable Game

Vote: Godfather 2

This gets the slight nod over Mafias III and V for longetivity, post count, and drama. Plenty of twists and drama up to the very end. I'm still waiting for Silver's commentary though :whip:

4. Best Write-ups

Vote: Reenk Roink

This is a close one. Kommodus did some excellent writing in Mafia III and Cosa Nuova. However, Reenk's turn as The Wanax in Mafia V produced the funniest kills I have ever seen. Ever consider hosting a game?

5. Best Detective

Vote: Tiberius

Tiberius set the tone for the reveals. He is also the one who most dramatically shifted the game. I don't care if he had screenshots, the man still turned the tide from certain mafia victory to a quick townspeople victory. When judging the success of later Detectives I look at them by Tib's standards.

6. Best claim

Once again, for total success. It was so solid that it was instantly believed and came under zero scrutiny, preventing a lynch and saving the game for him.

7. Best pro-townie role

Vote: Peasant Phill

For this, I determined the ultimate success of the town in the role. Most of the people were still stumbling around in the dark in that game and didn't know Kage's true identity (Detective), Phill's save determined that Kage was good, gave the town extra confidence, and ultimately ruined the mafia in that game.

8. Best Mafia team

Vote: Kage/Crazed Rabbit

Sure, it was only Mini-Mafia. But the two still managed to stay away from each other gathering zero suspicion. Eventually their manipulations as well as insisting on discussion carried them to an easy total victory.

Csargo
01-02-2007, 23:30
1) Best Mafioso

Vote:Don Corleone

I didn't even suspect DC in the last mafia game until the detective said he was guilty.

2)Best townie

Vote:Sasaki

3)Most enjoyable game

Vote:Godfather II

Do I really have to explain?

4) Best Write-ups

Vote:Kommodus

5) Best Detective

Vote:Doc_Bean gets this one

6) Best claim

Vote:GH

Vote:SR

8) Best Mafia Team

Vote:Kagemusha, Crazed Rabbit

Kagemusha
01-03-2007, 10:26
1) Best Mafioso

Vote Crazed Rabbit

Rabbit keeps his game simple and has a great talent keeping himself under radar.In my opinion the most complicated mafia tactics are not many times the most succesfull ones.

2)Best townie

Vote AggonyDuck

Well the mighty gut is just plain mighty.

3)Most enjoyable game

Vote Mafia I

Well the first time is always memorable for everybody.~;)

4) Best Write-ups

Vote GeneralHankerchief

The atmosphere GH creates in his games is just brilliant.:bow:

5) Best Detective

Vote Doc_bean

Exellent job on the last game.

6) Best claim

Vote Sasaki Kojiro

I still remember how he got me hanged.Brilliant play using every trick on the book.:wall:

Vote Peasant Phil

In the Rise of the mob he played his role as the Doctor as well as it can be played.

8) Best Mafia Team

Vote Sasaki, GH, gorebag, Cowhead418

In Godfather I.They pretty much outmanouvered the town completely.Impressive play from the guys.

Sigurd
01-03-2007, 10:52
1) Best Mafioso

I would have to say Sasaki for his performance in GF1. A Wonderful twist that fooled even the Godfather in the same game. Nobody even suspected him until the reveal in the final round.

2)Best townie

Kommodus for his mafia detecting method. The most feared townie from a mafia viewpoint.

3)Most enjoyable game

GF2 was the most enjoyable as I had much fun playing the crazy townie. Oh and I survived and put one of the two deciding votes on Csar.
Gotta have more mafia needs to be mentioned, but I suspect I was the only one having great fun in that game.

4) Best Write-ups

Devine Wind for his cucumber killer. Put Tinky Winky in the shadow.
Recognition goes to RR for his Wanax killer.

5) Best Detective

Kagemusha for his two time success of investigating a Mafioso very early in a game. A damn good feat which destroyed the winning chances for the mafia.

6) Best claim

Hard choice as there is many good ones. I would have to go for Sasaki on his counter detective claim; clearly a better claim than the genuine detective. It made us lynch both the detective and the Mafioso.

I would have to agree with Sasaki and say Reenk Roink in Gotta have more mafia.
Damn he was scary in that game.

8) Best Mafia Team

Sasaki, GH, gorebag, Cowhead418, a total mafia victory with all members intact speaks of a great feat. Besides me, who they brilliantly framed as a dead Mafioso, nobody suspected any of them (… alright, that is how I remember it).

Sasaki Kojiro
01-05-2007, 18:36
Come on people. Only 6 posts?

Kagemusha
01-05-2007, 20:01
Vote Sasaki!~;) Maybe you should unstick this or make an attention on the other forums? I think that gameroomers doesnt look at the stickies much becouse those are not the games.:smash:

Reenk Roink
01-05-2007, 21:49
1) Best Mafioso:

Vote: Sigurd Fafnesbane

Sig my boy gets this because he has won twice and done it in style.

First of all "the stats don't lie".

Also, one of the most remarkable moments for me was in Sasaki's "Gotta have more mafia" when Sig fooled me and a couple others with his "terrorist" role.

2) Best Townie:

This was a extremely tough one. We have some very dilligent townspeople that I am the anathema of, but in the end it is going to come down to Kommodus and Sasaki Kojiro, the two most annoying people ever :tongue2:.

I gave Kommodus the spot only because he had a believability that kept suspicion away from himself, while Sasaki is usually fingered (although with Sir Moody's game, Kommodus is falling into this trap as well). Frankly, they worked extremely well together in Mafia V and made all our plans useless.

3) Most Enjoyable Game

Vote: Mafia V

A lot of people say GF2, but there's no doubt in my mind that this was the finest. I didn't play in GF2 and was the Mafia for this game, so call me biased, but I did skim through the GF2 thread due to the hype and just thought this was better. Seamus was a great partner and I had a blast with my PM's and deceit.

4) Best Write-Ups

Vote: General Hankerchief

This one was down to GH and Kommodus (as hosts), and I gave it to GH because he was the one that inspired the entire genre and theme that other games are based on. The writing style of both is very similar and good.

5) Best Detective

Vote: Kagemusha

He's been good with the role, what can I say?

Ruined my life in Rise of the Mob.

6) Best Claim

Sigurd's terrorist claim. Nuff' said.

Vote: Peasant Phill

I still can't believe he kept protecting Kagemusha 3 times in a row in Rise of the Mob... :no:

8) Best Mafia Team

Vote: General Hankerchief, Sasaki Kojiro, Cowhead418, Gorebag

They crushed us and all survived...

That's spectacular in any game...

Death Match
01-07-2007, 12:04
please follow rules a la first post--Sasaki

1) Best Mafioso:

2) Best Townie:

3) Most Enjoyable Game

Vote: The Godfather 2

4) Best Write-Ups

5) Best Detective

6) Best Claim

8) Best Mafia Team

Sasaki Kojiro
01-07-2007, 21:18
I'm not a mafia team, I've never had a pro-town role, I've never been the detective, and my write ups were crap :inquisitive:

UltraWar
01-07-2007, 21:25
My Thing game didn't get a mention...neither did I.... Son of a bi...:furious3:

Sasaki Kojiro
01-07-2007, 21:28
My Thing game didn't get a mention...neither did I.... Son of a bi...:furious3:

Mea Culpa!

You called it something strange and I got booted right away. Added.

Seamus Fermanagh
01-09-2007, 04:33
1) Best Mafioso

Vote: General Hanky -- his I am one of two detectives faux reveal and follow through was just brilliant...and almost won them the game.

2)Best townie

Vote: Sasaki Kojiro -- a pitbull even when dead he forces the game into discussion mode and creates the evidence needed for townie wins.

3)Most enjoyable game

Vote: Godfather II a blast of a game. I have enjoyed all that I have played so far though, G2 edges into the lead only a bit.

4) Best Write-ups

Vote: Kommodus -- most story-like in quality and feel (CN)

5) Best Detective

Vote: Kagemusha (Cosa Nuova, Rise of the mob) -- deadly gut instincts on early interrogations PLUS the curse.

6) Best claim

Vote: GeneralHankerchief (The Godfather 2)

Vote: Silver Rusher (Doctor) -- pushed the doctor into an investigator category and triggered the attack on a protected target that allowed the detective to reveal and shift numbers decisively. Absolutely crucial to the town's win.

8) Best Mafia Team

Vote: Csar, Myrddral, GH

Lord Winter
01-09-2007, 07:10
Best Mafioso: Vote: Sasski for his role in the GF1 mafia victory, switching to one kill was absolutely brilliant. Then there's also his fake revel in CN. While it didn't exactly work he took out a detective with him.

2. Best Townie: Vote: Kommodous for his numerical methods especially in Mafia 4+5 plus good overall logic. honourable mention: Saskii

3. Most enjoyable game
Vote: Mafia V I was not in the GF II. GFI was a massacre for the town. Mafia V had a string of false trails and a fake a very convincing fake revel at the end by Reenk.

4. Vote: Kommodous for CN

5. Vote Seamus for a successful revel in Casa nova the only successful one in the games I've played.

6. Best Claim
Vote: Sasski for CN

7. Vote: Silver Rusher

8. Vote: General Hankerchief, Sasaki Kojiro, Cowhead418, Gorebag

Crazed Rabbit
01-09-2007, 18:43
1) Best Mafioso

Amazing at slipping out of traps - when I practically spelled out that he was Chinese godfather, he fooled everyone twice.

2)Best townie

Vote: Sasaki
The rabid guard dog gets the meat (no offense).

3)Most enjoyable game

Difficult. I loved winning in Mafia V and Mafia III, but I'm going to
vote: Mafia I
When everyone was new and hilarity ensued. Especially the reason someone gave for lynching Lehesu.

4) Best Write-ups

Vote: GH
Though Kommodus is close.

5) Best Detective

Kage and Seamus were good, but out of selfishness I want to win so I will...
Abstain, courteously.
After all, though very unlucky and in the process of moving to college and not having a computer for a week, I managed to defeat the mafia at the very last second in Mafia III.

6) Best claim

No contest, he won the game with his.

Vote:Silver Rusher
Might have saved the game, even if he let poor Seamus out to dry.

8) Best Mafia Team

Vote: General Hankerchief, Sasaki Kojiro, Cowhead418, Gorebag

Are we going to have 'for fun' categories - most bandwagoned, most suspicious, worst luck, etc?

Crazed Rabbit

Caius
01-11-2007, 04:37
most suspicious, worst luck,

vote:me

doc_bean
01-13-2007, 13:21
1) Best Mafioso

Vote:Don Corleone

okay, he benefits from being one in a recent game, but damn it he was good.

2)Best townie

Vote:Sasaki

Games without him are definately different than games with him.

3)Most enjoyable game

Vote: Cosa Nuova

5) Best Detective

vote:Kagemusha

Csargo
01-17-2007, 22:51
When does this end Sasaki?

Sasaki Kojiro
01-18-2007, 17:22
Voting closed.