PDA

View Full Version : Howsabout Italy?

Marshal Murat
01-03-2007, 19:24
Just to ask about this
Why don't you guys have a smaller campaign, something like the Roman Sons of Mars map.
You can play Milan, Genua, Florence, Venice, Rome, Sicily, then have the HRE, French, and Spanish all come across the Mediterranean.
The time would be around the Italian Renaissance.

You already have something of a pretty good basis with the current units, just a n application on a smaller scale to get things right.

Just me.:sweatdrop:

Shark974
01-05-2007, 15:48
Just to ask about this
Why don't you guys have a smaller campaign, something like the Roman Sons of Mars map.
You can play Milan, Genua, Florence, Venice, Rome, Sicily, then have the HRE, French, and Spanish all come across the Mediterranean.
The time would be around the Italian Renaissance.

You already have something of a pretty good basis with the current units, just a n application on a smaller scale to get things right.

Just me.:sweatdrop:
Me and a group of italian modder are working on a project like this, the name is Condottieri and cover the period of Italian Wars 1450-1550 thi is the italian forum:
http://freeforumzone.leonardo.it/viewforum.aspx?f=99851
as I am a member of Citadel dev team the two mods will be in contact and we will share all the new italian's units.

GodsPetMonkey
01-20-2007, 23:25
Further to Sharks post, it would be nice to be able to have a narrow focus at times, and it's an idea that has been discussed in the past, but Citadel is really trying to capture the period on a 'larger' scale, that is, encompas Europe and the Middle East over a longer period of time. The problem with focused mods is that while you can dedicate much more to the details of the focused period/region, you miss out on those 'global' events (well, global being the known world) and interactions. Besides, the large mods offer a greater 'what if' setup - a mod focused on the 100 years war will allow you to live the 'what if' of France being totally conquered and help by England, but a mod such as Citadel lets you play that 'what if' on a different scale, how would it impact on global relationships and the balance of power, how would the Pope react, etc.