PDA

View Full Version : Mapping-is it the same as RTW?

Eltharon
01-04-2007, 04:04
Can I use the same map making techniques as RTW for M2TW? If not, is there a tutorial to make a M2TW one?
Thanks

Burns
01-04-2007, 06:31
I've started checking out the files and most .tgas appear to be relatively the same compared to RTW.

I would personally like to know if the game has the 'provincial campaign' option available. I know how to EDIT these maps but I'd definately want to know how I can get my own campaign map running. What must be done to just have the basic world visible? How much is needed in descr_strat? How many settlements or factions?

Marcus Brutus
01-04-2007, 17:18
Hi. for Westeros:Tw (working title) we had to overwrite the grand campaign to get a map in game, although I believe it's possible to use the modswitch. Doesn't really matter the main campaign will load fine from the packs. As for settlements and factions, I have no idea. However I don't believe there is a provincial campaign option, as that didn't work for us, however we didn't play with it very much, just moved on to something that worked. Hope this helps :)

Eltharon
01-04-2007, 22:16
I know that to get the new map running you have to make a mod folder. I use MedManager, its easier then actually editing the prefrences.cfg file and the shortcuts.

Burns
01-06-2007, 04:43
Aside from using the show_cursor option while ingame is there any other way of determining a location that can be used for units in descr_strat?

And to answer my own question you can get the coordinates in Photoshop (I think regions.tga is the right one to use) by going to Info in the Navigation window and selecting X and Y to read pixels instead of inches.