PDA

View Full Version : mods aren't working

TheDeparted45
01-04-2007, 07:54
I cannot get any mods to work. The game works fine but it won't recognize the mod. So far I've tried the regions and provinces mod and the anno domini mod, but even after i follow the instructions perfectly the mod doesn't work when the bat file is run. I can mod the game with indivdual files fine, but the mods won't work. Can anyone help me?

Aegis
01-04-2007, 17:36
It'd help if you said what you have done so far, otherwise all I can do is point you to the instructions again.

TheDeparted45
01-04-2007, 18:23
All I've done is follow the instructions on each mod. for the anno domini mod, i followed those looong instructions about copying the data folder and all that and I made sure I followed every step correctly. But when I execute the bat file to run the mod, everything in the game works but nothing knew happens. I'm judging whether or not it worked based on whether or not the map loads when I start a new campaign, and so far I cannot get any new map to work.

Aegis
01-04-2007, 18:53
Not having read the instructions for that particular mod, saying you've followed them is not very informative for me.

If you've created a mod folder with a data folder inside, copied the necessary files (mostly the campaign files and maps or whatever original files the mod use), placed all the mod files in that data folder, created a config file that declares that you're using a mod, and run the game using that config, I don't know what you've missed.