PDA

View Full Version : Armour upgrades

FrantzITA
01-05-2007, 23:46
in Vanilla MTW2 the standard unit is the classic unit of our imagination ,then with the armour upgrades it become worse looking ( and almost all the same ... ) e a bit unrealistic ( except militia units and crossbowmen that are made very very good ) ...i refer to the upgrades of norman knights , orders , feudal ... they became almost the same units and arent so nice to see ...

I think that in MTR2 the basic units have to be the poorest version of that unit ... then the first upgrade ( bronze shield ) have to show the classic version of that unit,the average ... and the silver shield a more quality armour but without destroyng the soul of that unit ...

Randarkmaan
01-06-2007, 01:35
I however think that there shouldn't be a "classic" look, but rather armour upgrades should just add more/different armour to the unit and I think effort should be made to make them appear as impressive/cool/miserable as the original.

silverster
02-08-2007, 05:31
instead of creating the Sergant Spearman and Armored Sergant spearman, i think we could just have one sergant spearman and as more you upgreade the armor, the more armor is shown on the unit (eg, from leather to partial chain to full chain to plate). that'll (hopefully) free up a few unit spots while looking awsome at the same time

russia almighty
02-13-2007, 19:07
At the same time too make black smiths expensive .

thecorinthian
03-31-2007, 22:07
also maybe make armor upgrades more significant than +1 +1 +1? It seems silly that going from leather/padded armor to chainmail is such a slight difference, or from early plate to gothic plate.