PDA

View Full Version : How easy is it to add units to EB 0.8?

KatzMotel
01-06-2007, 08:09
Well, here's my plan. :P

After I've got EB, I'd quite like to add in a legionary unit equipped with lorica segmentata for use in custom battles. Brain-meltiningly cliché and inaccurate? Highly probable... but hot damn, it looks so cool, and I guess that's all that matters at the end of the day... for me, at least. :P

So how would I go about doing this? Has someone created a mod with this purpose in mind?

If not, are there any tutorials and resources (particularly skins or stuff like that- the red and black shields of the vanilla legionaries were a little naff) that would help me to achieve my goal, if of course this is actually possible to do. :P

Bonny
01-06-2007, 14:26
Try the scriptorium here at the org.There are tutorials of how to inlcude new units into the game. For units look twcenter, afaik they have a database of costum made units or try to take them out of other mods.

warning:
You are changing the EB files at your own risk. Your lifelong support warranty will no longer be valid after you have changed anything. ~;)

KatzMotel
01-06-2007, 16:52
Excellent, cheers for the advice. :)

GodEmperorLeto
01-07-2007, 15:03
After I've got EB, I'd quite like to add in a legionary unit equipped with lorica segmentata for use in custom battles. Brain-meltiningly cliché and inaccurate? Highly probable...

It is not brain-meltingly inaccurate. It's somewhat anachronistic. They were in use by the Antonines (we see them on Trajan's Column), and the Kalkriese model of l.s. used as early as c. 20 BC. But it wasn't necessarily standard issue at first, most depictions of it come much later than actual archeological findings of the stuff. It is mostly well-known for its wide-spread use during the middle-to-late principate, and fell out of use late during the 3rd century.

KatzMotel
01-07-2007, 22:35
Ah, thanks for the info. So how much protection did it actually offer in comparison to the alternatives of the day, and how restrictive was it on movement?

As far as adding this unit is concerned, I've found some decent skins with all the associated resources I should need... now all I need to do is add them in.

... *worry*