PDA

View Full Version : How to make your own mod music for the Medieval TW?

Temistocles
01-06-2007, 21:25
Hello! I want to make a mod music for the Medieval II TW, but I have problems. I already have experience, because I made a mod for the Rome, however I have followed the instructions of Caliban and this doesn't work.

Caliban said:

"Ok, I had a chat with Jeff our sound guy. At the moment pathing is broken for mod folders. This means you can only mod your vanilla folder at the moment. This pathing problem for textures and sounds are fixed internally and will be in the next patch.

Being a art guy, I havn't played with the sound system, but I'll go through the basic steps to add new sounds. (only works from vanilla folder currently)

- extract all your sound files to data\sounds\
- delete all .dat and .idx (including events.dat and idx)files from your data\sounds\ folder
- copy new sounds (mp3 format) to data\sounds\ (will be referenced by your descr)
- copy the released sound descrs to \data\
- edit your descr_sounds_music.txt (or relevant sound descrs) from the \data\ folder to include your new sounds
- run the game, let it rebuild the pack files, test your sounds!

I hope this helps, I havn't had time to test this."

I have made this and this doesn't work :no: . Sound is not heard and, like Caliban, "it rebuild the pack files" said. By the way, with what does program I can extract the sounds files? I ask it for if I have made a mistake.

Thank you for the answer!