PDA

View Full Version : Lands to Conquer v2.0

Lusted
01-08-2007, 13:46
Lands to Conquer v2.0

https://img80.imageshack.us/img80/96/ltc1qi2.th.jpg (https://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ltc1qi2.jpg)https://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8896/ltc2tj9.th.jpg (https://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ltc2tj9.jpg)https://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4472/ltc3kg5.th.jpg (https://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ltc3kg5.jpg)

Download Links
Filefront link (http://files.filefront.com/Lands_To_Conquer_v20exe/;6492847;;/fileinfo.html)
Megaupload link (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z3T0MAH2)
Filefactory link (http://www.filefactory.com/file/01cb4b/)

Mod Overview

Lands to Conquer is a mod aimed at improving the gameplay and balance of Medieval II Total War. It does this through extensively rebalanced unit stats; changed unit costs; longer, slower paced campaign; more difficult to maintain larger empires; improved campaign ai thanks to the Ultimate AI mod; and various other things. It also features an easy to use installer that does everything for you.

Installation Instructions

This is a standalone version of the mod, you do not need any previous versions to play it.

It installs to its own folder so it does not affect the default game. Just use the Lands to Conquer icon on the desktop to launch this mod, or the M2TW icon to launch M2TW.

To install the mod simply point the installed to your Medieval II Total War installation, which by default is installed to:

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

It is recommended you install Medieval II Total War Update 1 Patch before instaling LTC 2.0. This will make your gaming experience much better.

Once installed you should use the new Lands to Conquer desktop shortcut to run the game.

The changes Lands to Conquer 2.0 makes to Medieval II Total War are listed below:

Battlemap
-General all round better balance of units.
-13 new custom battle maps. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76887
-Longer lasting, slower battles.
-Spearmen rebalanced so they are now more effective against cavalry
-Cavalry charge is less devestating than in normal M2TW, but has more impact and heavy cavalry can still wipe out sword infantry pretty easily.
-Longbowmen given longer range, slightly better attack and faster rate of fire
-2 handed axe unit bug workaround. They now use a different animation and rebalanced attack stats as a result.
-HorseArchers charge fix. Now all units will charge properly, and light cav is the best against routers. Also all round better charging as a result.
-Slowed movement speed on the battlemap
-Incorporated Darths Formations v1.0 for M2TW
-Musketeer/Hand Gunner units attack reduced
-Byzantine Infantry, Varangian Guard and Kataphraktoi made more powerful
-Range of low level artiller increased
-More variation in stats between units that previously had the same stats(Order Knights, Dismounted Druzhina and Dismounted Boyars Sons)
-Venetian Heavy Infantry and Archer armour upgrade bug fixed.
-More difference between arrow and crossbow projectiles.

Campaign map
-1 Year per turn, and dates shown on campaign map again
-Building construction times and cost increased so as to fit in best with 1 year per turn campaign.
-Ultimate AI Mod 0.9 by GrandViz incorporated, makes camapign ai better, diplomacy is more logical and alliances are much better. But still a nice element of backstabbing in the game.
-Traits and Ancilliaries mod v1.1a by Orientis which fixes all the bugs related to traits.
-Unit recruitment changed. Units now replenish slower and elite units have smaller recruitment pools. Also units no longer recruited from walls or from castle upgrade buildings.
-English Armoured Sergeants, Dismounted Broken Lances, Dismounted Gothic Knights and Dismounted Mongol cavalry units added into the campaign
-Ai recruits better armies. They are more balanced and have more higher tier units in them.
-Receruitable Generals.
-More variance in the date at which the Mongols and Timurids appear
-Merchants make more money.
-Inquisitors made less powerful.
-Unit costs tweaked so ai builds more balanced armies.
-Money script for ai factions so it gets a cash boost when it gets low on cash so the campaign is tougher.
-Increased movement distance for armies and agents.
-More recruitment slots in castles.
-More free upkeep slots in cities.
-Recruitable generals.
-Assassins made more powerful.
-Pirate and Rebel spawn rates reduced.
-New population levels required for each level of settlement, but lowered slightly from 1.21.
-Distance to captial penalty increased, but not as severe as in 1.21.
-Religious Unrest increased.
-Corruption increased.
-Income from trade increased, and population growth from trade decreased.
-Population growth from farms increased.
-Cannon/Ballista tower bug fix included.
-Assassin and spy movies back in the game, thanks to a .bat file i've made that copies them over during the install.

Graphical
-New loading screens and splash screens.

Credits

A big thanks to the following modders who's work i have used in this mod with their permission.

DARTH VADER - for his formations mod and battle ai imporvements
GrandViz - for use of his UltimateAi mod that really imporves the campaign ai, diplomacy and alliances.
Orientis - for the use of his Traits and Ancilliaries fixes
lawngnome - for helping with the edits to unit recruitmnt and settlement mechanics.
zxiang1983 - for the use of his ballista/cannon tower bug fix

jester_im
01-08-2007, 15:07
thank you lusted. The last version i tried was 1.2. I'll get you feedback as soon as i am able.

Seden
01-08-2007, 16:53
So You havent conserved the big Map in this mod ?

Should I ask why ?

Anyway ill be using this release for a bit, in order to chek how the campaign goes with.

Thanks Lusted.

Lusted
01-08-2007, 17:27
So You havent conserved the big Map in this mod ?

Should I ask why ?

I don't like the Big map mod, i much prefer the vanilla map.

ForlornHope
01-08-2007, 18:05
This looks like a great mod. ~:)

But i do have a question: is it absolutely necessary to install the 1.1 patch to the game to run it? Because so far I didn't do that, mainly because I don't want to put up with these ridiculous naval invasions to be honest :ahh: and it doesn't seem that I've missed any important fixes that came with it (2hand bug, unit cohesion, diplomacy etc. all still there as I understand it).
Or else, did you remove/tone down/make sensible these invasions in your mod somehow (as part of improved campaign AI behaviour) because then I would happily patch up to enjoy your mod!

Thanks in advance.

Lusted
01-08-2007, 18:14
Well i recommend using patch 1.1 for that very reason, the much improved naval invasion ai in 1.1 allows for a much more interesting and diverse campaigns. Plus the changes i've made to cav charges etc are tied into how they work in 1.1, so if you use 1.0 you might get some strange results.

ForlornHope
01-08-2007, 19:10
Well, I guess I just didn't like the thought of...as someone put it in another thread, "Portugal landing some pathetic three units (led by a captain no less) in Britain, declaring war on a cleary superior English faction while they get their a** kicked by the Moors in Spain". But that was perhaps more a question of overall bad campaign AI.

So if you recommend it I'll give it a try, I sure don't want to miss out on your excellent mod just because of that! Thanks a lot!

tornnight
01-09-2007, 17:07
Nice work on the new maps.

rizzmond
01-14-2007, 21:30
the bat file to launch the game does not work with the steam version of MTW2. It gets the error message "failed to find steam" whether steam is on or not.

Lusted
01-14-2007, 21:33
Yeah i dont know how to make it work with the Steam version as i do not have the steam version of M2TW.

rizzmond
01-14-2007, 21:51
i think it would be possibly with an install overwriting the existing files instead of running the game through a bat file.

Lusted
01-14-2007, 21:53
The files are packed normally, so it wouldn't work. You could probably edit your Medieval II Total War shortcut on the desktop, go to properties, and add this at the end fo the target line with a space between the last " and it.

@landstoconquer.cfg

rizzmond
01-14-2007, 21:56
that worked, thanks a lot.

Armoured Hoplite
01-17-2007, 16:53
First off, I want to say awesome work on your mod and thank you. I wanted to cry the first time I fought a battle with a well constructed AI army that actually beat me. Diplomacy is much better. I am hearing speeches I never heard before (possibly due to trait fixes?). The AI kept surrounding my depleted army as I tried to run home to retrain, blocking my path and attacking with a stronger army, etc.

Thanks again.

My question is;

Are Hussars still recruitable for Hungary? I realize that units cannot be produced by constructing walls/castles anymore, but I didn't see them anywhere in the building browser (castle or city). I also noticed that you made battlefield assasins recruitable from a level 1 assasins guild, eliminating the disadvantage of only being able to produce them from one settlement. Was this intended as it is very powerful/strong change? Was this done to compensate for elimination of Hussars?

Sorry if these questions are answered elsewhere.

Thanks again for all of your efforts, it is much appreciated by many of us in the community.

Baldwin of Jerusalem
01-17-2007, 17:57
Nice mod lusted, how far are you going with this one? New factions...provinces? I just wonder because I was going to try MTR but I dont want to wait a year.

Rigby
01-18-2007, 14:51
lusted ,

hungary cant built any Hussars in youre mod :dizzy2: , you left them in for poland because they can built them in castles , but when you took out the recruitment from walls , you didnt replaced that unit recruitment to another building.

otherwise i like that mod besides not beeing able to play my favorites the Hungarians.

thanks

Skott
01-19-2007, 05:24
I was curious about this change:

Cavalry charge is less devestating than in normal M2TW, but has more impact

Can someone explain exactly what this means? I'm not quite understanding what more impact means if its less devastiating. Is this like saying more troops go flying upon charge impact but fewer actual casulties or something else? :inquisitive:

Thanks,
Skott

Lusted
01-19-2007, 13:35
Basicaly yes. Less people get killed but cavalry has more weight so there is more disruption caused by the charge.

sealjo
01-20-2007, 15:02
So what would the effect be then? Less killed but a larger moral drop? More survivors but larger chance for a rout?

sealjo
01-20-2007, 15:18
Don't know if this is the right place to ask but what is the main differences between LTC and RTJ?

Yesterday I finally won my first game, playing with only Lite mod. I'm going to start my new campaign on H/H and also install a major mod. After reading a lot in different forums I've narrowed it down to RTJ and LTC. The differences doesn't seem to be very big, how would you describe them?

TB666
01-20-2007, 17:06
A good mod.
Only thing I don't like is that you made walls too strong.
It takes forever for a ram to break the gate.
On the first upgraded gate I count 1% every 2 bashes.
So the ram need to smack the gate 200 times for it to break.
I don't wanna think about how it is on the even higher level gates.
I used 7 catapults on 3rd level castle walls and after they all have fired half their ammo I haven't even reached 50% yet.
Meaning that you will run out of ammo before breaching the walls and when you do that you lose the battle.

Lusted
01-20-2007, 17:08
Yeah that was a mistake win 2.0, it will be fixed in 2.1.

Kaidonni
01-21-2007, 12:37
Installing this mod now :).

My nice shiny M2TW came to me yesterday! Yay! This time the DVDs were fine. *TOUCH WOOD*

First thing I'm gonna do is launch a historical battle and tweak the settings. Then *try* to understand the main campaign. It might be built off of RTW, but it looks new and interesting to me.

EDIT: Tried a custom battle. Nice. I had no idea what was going on...so I had my butt handed to me on a platter. The replay was different..(the enemy Byzantines lost less units, but both Generals as opposed to neither died...LOL...no gripes, I realise the replays have errors in them so they take place differently, and it was, well, interesting to see it unfold differently). Your mod installed nicely, too. No problems. *TOUCH WOOD*

Skott
01-21-2007, 18:12
Don't know if this is the right place to ask but what is the main differences between LTC and RTJ?

Yesterday I finally won my first game, playing with only Lite mod. I'm going to start my new campaign on H/H and also install a major mod. After reading a lot in different forums I've narrowed it down to RTJ and LTC. The differences doesn't seem to be very big, how would you describe them?

Okay, I'm not up on all the mods. Whats RTJ stand for?

dutch81
01-22-2007, 14:56
Is 2.0 save game compatible with 1.2? I have been playing your last version for some time and have some campaigns in progress so I was just wondering if I should upgrade or not ... I have put the generals in there myself already so I am not sure about the other changes!

Thansk again Lusted and I am glad to have found your new nest!

dutch81
01-22-2007, 16:31
Another seperate question (don't mean to double post ... note time difference) how do we change to distance to capitol modifier? It is very difficult to hold on to some provinces even when they are not that far away so I would just like to tweak it if possible and could you suggest a better number??

Lusted
01-22-2007, 16:54
The distance to capitol modifier will be reduce in 2.1.

1.2 save games are compatible but i recommend starting a new campaign.

ihategamespy
01-24-2007, 02:29
any idea when 2.1 is coming out? Also, as i understand it in your mod 1 turn = 1 year. Do the characters also age 1 year per turn, or do they age one year for every 2 turns? Thanx, your mod looks like the one to play.

Yun Dog
01-24-2007, 04:18
Lusted,
again congrat and kudos for the mod - Its great

a couple of things Ive noticed - nothing major

these may not even be your mod but M2TWv1.1 bugs - but i noticed them while playing the mod so Ill list them anyway.

1. Ladders - for some reason assalting forces now pool around 1 ladder rather than climbing up all the ladders - making taking the walls virtually impossible.

2. some units, cav in particular are behaving strangely sometimes - ie. not responding when given an order (several times), an another instance in a city where my cav shouldve slaughtered the enemies millita to a man, instead they were slaughtered, it was weird - it was like they werent engaging the unit, just running around getting killed.

3. gates - I see what you were doing with the gates, thing is in some recent battles had the AIs army not sat there waiting to break through getting cained by my archers, then they wouldve easily rolled me, which I think would make the game more exciting - that is to say the stacks of troops were awsome, but the flawed AI in combo with the harder gates made them imputent.

4. the skirmish function on archers etc can make them freeze (get stuck) and not move where ordered

5. I still find the cav walking speed slow when compared to the foot, ie telling the cav to attack a unit single click - when they are a ways off, the cav take ages to get to charge position.

pros
Diplomacy
I have had lasting alliances, and the spanish (me) and portugese have rights of passage. Several nations may still be at war but will accept reasonable cease fire terms.

Army stacks
The sicilians are arriving by maratime landing and assalting my castle at Toulous with stacks of heavy cav and heavy infantry, they are in most cases now continuing to assalt the inner ring with seige equip, and even ladders

some of the battles have been very close affairs

the changes to recruitment are making the game harder overall

the changes to the building costs makes me think about what Im building more

been booted from a couple of cities by rioting - excellent

cav charges appear to work more often now - I occasionally get the 'walk into enemy' but in most cases I see the boys drop lances and charge with reasonable coherence, as you say the difference now is that the enemy unit no longer evporates after said charge.

Lusted
01-24-2007, 14:23
1. Ladders - for some reason assalting forces now pool around 1 ladder rather than climbing up all the ladders - making taking the walls virtually impossible.

A M2TW bug which the version of Darth Mod i included in 2.0 seems to exacerbate. The version of DM which will be in 2.1 does not have this problem as much from what i've seen.

2. some units, cav in particular are behaving strangely sometimes - ie. not responding when given an order (several times), an another instance in a city where my cav shouldve slaughtered the enemies millita to a man, instead they were slaughtered, it was weird - it was like they werent engaging the unit, just running around getting killed.

M2Tw bug.

3. gates - I see what you were doing with the gates, thing is in some recent battles had the AIs army not sat there waiting to break through getting cained by my archers, then they wouldve easily rolled me, which I think would make the game more exciting - that is to say the stacks of troops were awsome, but the flawed AI in combo with the harder gates made them imputent.

Gates in 2.0 are much stornger than intended as i included the wrong file. In 2.1 they will be stronger than in M2Tw but nowhere near as much as in 2.0.

5. I still find the cav walking speed slow when compared to the foot, ie telling the cav to attack a unit single click - when they are a ways off, the cav take ages to get to charge position.

Yeah it does, it seems the move animation is slower, not much i can do about that.

2.1 will hopefully be out sometime today.

IsItStillThere
01-24-2007, 18:31
2.1 will hopefully be out sometime today.

I have two campaigns going with 2.0 right now--your mod is fantastic. Thanks for all the great work:2thumbsup:

My only suggestion is to increase ship movement along the lines of what you did for armies and agents.

Kaidonni
01-25-2007, 10:17
Just a quicky...seeing as how we can install over LTC 2.0...how exactly would we do that? I've never actually installed over a previous LTC before, or over any previous mods that could be over-written, so I'm afraid of mucking the installation up. Or will it just be fine to target my main M2TW folder like with LTC 2.0, then load up my saves and continue my campaign? Thanks.

EDIT: Oops, possibly wrong thread...noticed that the link to 2.1 is to another topic...will have to ask there the same question (makes sense to ask it in the proper thread). A mod can delete this individual post if they want.