PDA

View Full Version : .com down?

ElmarkOFear
01-09-2007, 09:18
I am getting an ez-board error message saying the page cannot be found. I am using the link from the main page of the .com site. Anybody else having this problem?

pevergreen
01-09-2007, 10:29
I cant even find the forums....

Denali
01-09-2007, 11:03
Yes the forums are down, maybe they decided to finally get rid of the worst forums software on this planet (ezboard) :laugh4:

x-dANGEr
01-09-2007, 11:05
Yes the forums are down, maybe they decided to finally get rid of the worst forums software on this planet (ezboard) :laugh4:
Hopefully! :dizzy2:

Puzz3D
01-09-2007, 13:38
I am getting an ez-board error message saying the page cannot be found.
No great loss.

caravel
01-09-2007, 14:45
I expect it will be back. ~;)

"A bad penny always turns up."

It would be a big loss if CA had closed it for good, because all of their resident trolls and spammers will be moving to here and TW Center. Think about it like that.

7Bear7Bottom
01-09-2007, 15:04
I have been noticing a wave of negativity flowing through their forums ever since the release. Even some quite innocent post about reasonable questions about the game are getting topic closed.

Though I understand people's frustration, and telling them they have no right to complain just exacerbate the situation when they have laid 50 plus dollars on a game.

It will be interesting to see if they don't wipe the forum clean and start a new controlled forum.

I think they will be back, but they are up to something because it isn't an Ez-Board type error for maintenance.:inquisitive:

pike master
01-09-2007, 15:11
maybe they are planning a nuclear strike.

but id really hate to say it but maybe they outa shut the sega server down to for a day so they can fix some issues on it. i would be frustrated for it being shut down but there are some major problems they need to fix with the server.

caravel
01-09-2007, 15:28
I have been noticing a wave of negativity flowing through their forums ever since the release. Even some quite innocent post about reasonable questions about the game are getting topic closed.
Some of the mods and admins over there are, shall we say, a bit heavy handed. The attitude is kind of "stay, don't complain, don't question the policy or get out".

Though I understand people's frustration, and telling them they have no right to complain just exacerbate the situation when they have laid 50 plus dollars on a game.
The problem is, that it's not CA doing this, well for the most part it's the non CA forum staff, and one CA representitive in particular, that perpetuate the hostility and negativity. Their whole attitude is kind of like, you're one of the 10 years and above target consumerbase, and you're very lucky to be a member at all. And if you don't stop criticising the game, you'll land yourself a "three day ban" " young man".

It will be interesting to see if they don't wipe the forum clean and start a new controlled forum.
Doubt it. It's probably been taken offline for a while. Who knows though. If they are moving to another forums software it's going to take ages for them to be up and running again. All of the restrictions and security fixes will take ages.

I think they will be back, but they are up to something because it isn't an Ez-Board type error for maintenance.:inquisitive:
Who knows and who cares. As I've said, so long as their "waste" don't make it in here we'll be ok.

**glances across no mans land, goes back to polishing .50 cal machine gun**

:2thumbsup:

Lusted
01-09-2007, 16:33
As CA liasion at twcenter, i got this email today.

Hi,

Our Forums are temporarily offline at the moment, but please be assured that we are doing our best to get them back online as soon as possible! We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank everyone for their patience as we work to resolve this matter.

Best regards,

Mark O'Connell
www.TotalWar.com

So its just a problem with the forum, nothing more.

Monarch
01-09-2007, 17:45

Is it that ezboard has fallen of the face of with earth with no trace?

Just a dream I had.... : ~:rolleyes:

caravel
01-09-2007, 18:05
Yes they really do need to find an alternative to ezboard over there, but I doubt they ever will. The official line is something along the lines of: "ezboard is the best solution at present for managing a board of this size blah blah blah... thread closed". If they sacked everyone and made Elmo the "Supreme Overlord of the Board and Grand Vizier of the Sublime Thonged Ones". I might even go back.
:beam:

pevergreen
01-10-2007, 03:04
Elmo: King of the Boards

Warluster
01-10-2007, 03:24
I have never been there and Never will! .com will never get me suckers! hehehe!

Yun Dog
01-10-2007, 03:49
**glances across no mans land, goes back to polishing .50 cal machine gun**

:2thumbsup:

**Hears Yuns ghostly voice inside his head "Hold until relieved"**

ElmarkOFear
01-10-2007, 04:02
I think the chances I ever go back to mod/admin are slim given the fact I called Ritchie an SOB (or was it a Bastard?) in an email to him and Eradosan, when I resigned from there. hehe It was due to a severe lack of judgement they both made when they decided to cause problems at the old .net MP forums, which led to my ultimately deciding to resign.

The new Mod-Squad crew isn't bad. Some are still finding their modding style, so they may be overly heavy-handed at times, but some of it is also due to CA commanding such things. Unless you have mod/admin'd there, it is very hard to understand the atmosphere. Obake and myself always kept a lid on trouble, but were the first ones to apologize when we made a mistake in judgement. TheShogun could never force his ego to do that, even to this day.

Plus, I might have to shave my buttocks to fit into my old thong. I put on a bit o' weight being on the midnight shift at work for so long. :)

Puzz3D: hehe You were never much fond of the .com, but it wasn't really a bad place, just chaotic and unruly at certain times, though I never went there solely to discuss TW as much as socializing with the community.

KrooK
01-10-2007, 14:59
Never like ezboard forums. They discriminate Poles there :)

7Bear7Bottom
01-10-2007, 15:53
Gah Has it been almost 7 years I have been with this series of games?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:help:

Yes I was there in the beginning when they opened it, (knees start to buckle), and I was also here at the .org when they opened it, (Bones start to ache), I have had my run-ins with the .com admins. I remember starting a thread about MTW login, which was so bad, and had so many stupid sound effect, it drove you nuts!:wall: That was the first and only time I complained about any TW game, and it was the last.

I did get banned once (I'm so proud), for sticking up for the TW center, in that incident that we are not suppose to talk about (oops I said it again)(slips secrete files back into safe).

For those of you that have not been around a long time in TW, some of those admins are daddy's boys that are employed by CA (sinks deeper into trouble)(cat escapes from bag).

As CA liasion at twcenter, i got this email today.

Quote:
Hi,

Our Forums are temporarily offline at the moment, but please be assured that we are doing our best to get them back online as soon as possible! We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank everyone for their patience as we work to resolve this matter.

Best regards,

Mark O'Connell
www.TotalWar.com

Hahahaha ya right! What?!?!?! Me paranoid!?!?!? (looks over shoulder) Not me!!!!!!

Puzz3D
01-10-2007, 16:17
Mark O'Connell doesn't have to apologize for any inconvenience because there isn't any inconvenience.

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
01-10-2007, 19:23
Mark O'Connell doesn't have to apologize for any inconvenience because there isn't any inconvenience.

Agreed :yes:

t1master
01-10-2007, 21:37
you were ip banned elmo.... n00b :laugh4:

Denali
01-10-2007, 22:17

:laugh4:

ElmarkOFear
01-10-2007, 23:18
LOL at T1. :smash:

caravel
01-11-2007, 12:17
Puzz3D will be relieved to know that it's back up and running, and as black as ever! :beam:

I was reading a thread where someone complained about the M2TW AI and it was quite predictably closed. The admin that closed the thread came up with the usual "don't say the game/CA sucks", nothing about the other posters that had been flaming the hell out of the OP in the meantime. :inquisitive:

naut
01-11-2007, 12:44
That place tastes bad ... kinda like poison. :shrug:

Puzz3D
01-11-2007, 18:01
Puzz3D will be relieved to know that it's back up and running, and as black as ever! :beam:
Well posting anything over there is equivalent to throwing it into a black hole so black is rather appropriate.

Stig
01-11-2007, 18:11
Never like ezboard forums. They discriminate Poles there :)
I just don't like nationalists

I never go into the MTW2, RTW forums anymore, only come there for the occasional OT and R&R, all the rest is shite ... some time ago people thought that I was the worst as it could get ... well now they found out it can be even worse. Seriously some of those "kids" that come for the MTW2 forum, all complaining, thinking they have a say in the game ... and when you say they have to stop whining they feel attacked.

Some of the mods and admins over there are, shall we say, a bit heavy handed. The attitude is kind of "stay, don't complain, don't question the policy or get out".
There's nothing wrong with the mods at .com ... you still have mod rights don't you T1?
Apart from Richie himself, .com has an excellent mod staff, tho I know one that is awfully trigger happy on just my posts ... but then I know him

I was reading a thread where someone complained about the M2TW AI and it was quite predictably closed. The admin that closed the thread came up with the usual "don't say the game/CA sucks", nothing about the other posters that had been flaming the hell out of the OP in the meantime.
Normal practise is pm'ing, it's always the same lot, besides they protect CA ... sort of

t1master
01-11-2007, 19:29
nope stig... i left the .commie when the .commie admin staff went over to the totalwars.net and started a huge flame war. i saw some true colors that day and haven't been back to mod the board, and couldn't give a toss about it. i can't help it if they're too lazy/daft to change uglygoat's user account....

Monarch
01-11-2007, 19:29
Well posting anything over there is equivalent to throwing it into a black hole so black is rather appropriate.

Stig
01-11-2007, 21:28
i can't help it if they're too lazy/daft to change uglygoat's user account....
I believe it took Richie a year to stop Elmo from seeing the hidden forum, and about 2 to make Dark an overall mod

ElmarkOFear
01-12-2007, 03:37
Ritchie is the SlowPoke Rodriguez of the .com.

Nothing like the good ole Speedy Gonzalez cartoons. I kind of miss them. :)

naut
01-12-2007, 04:26