PDA

View Full Version : About the ui\interface TGA files...?

Rik_Vargard
01-09-2007, 16:11
Hey I'm wondering if someone has run into the same problem, because I just can't find a solution to this:

http://www.rikvargard.com/tw/interface.jpg

stratpage_*.tga and sharedpage_*.tga files

As you see the buttons and transparency are not working after changes, even worse, the buttons get completely messed up!
This only happens with these files. I've retextured a lot of others (banners, costumes) without that problem.

I noticed that when I unpack the files, it's still ok, then I open them and just save them without doing any changes and then then problem appears again! :doh:

Did someone came across this problem, or did someone succesfully changed those pics already? :huh:

alpaca
01-09-2007, 17:04
You need to save the alpha channel (it stores transparency information).

Interesting map, btw.

Rik_Vargard
01-09-2007, 17:33
You need to save the alpha channel (it stores transparency information).

Interesting map, btw.

Well I'm using Photoimpact XL and all I have as save options are

- RLE
- NONE

But none of them works, you think it's the way the soft saves the TGA file?
Alpha is saved automatically I guess, since Like I said, I don't have that problem with other files (like the .texture or banner files for example), just whith the ui files.

I also tried to save as PNG with tranparency, then convert to TGA with alphas, but those files just won't work... :sweatdrop:

serenius4tsd
01-09-2007, 21:41
Ive had the same problem. The big thing is to avoid pasting into an empty space, rather exactly over something. Otherwise youll get what you have.

I agree also, interesting map. :thumbsup: Whats it for?

alpaca
01-09-2007, 23:15
Ive had the same problem. The big thing is to avoid pasting into an empty space, rather exactly over something. Otherwise youll get what you have.

I agree also, interesting map. :thumbsup: Whats it for?
That's probably not his problem because as you see none of the buttons of the files he edited are transparent.
Yes, I think the alpha channel isn't saved. The textures barely use it anymore I think (don't actually know how it's done, just had a look at some of the attset textures and most of them is white)

Try out the gimp and see if it works using that.

Rik_Vargard
01-09-2007, 23:29
Well lol that's what I just tried. I convert from DDS to PNG then open and edit it in GIMP and save it as TGA... and it worked... :laugh4:

So it's the way the soft saves TGA files that was the problem, was the only possible reason left :yes:

Oh and about the map, it's for my mod (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=76107) I'm working on. We'll since we're only two right now it still can take a while... even more if I keep getting those strange setbacks lol :sweatdrop:

Well thx for your help guys :2thumbsup: !!