PDA

View Full Version : M2tw 1525

El-Wrongo
01-10-2007, 16:19
M2TW 1525

Ok! First off, I can not promise that this mod will ever be completed (I have a dog,I am a active BF2 player, I got my own life,etc.), and I can not guarantue that this mod will be quality (yet), but I am still going to make a thread about it, and I am still going to start of the preproduction stage.

So, for those of you who haven't been scared off, this is intended to develop into a mod covering one of the most interesting eras of warfare (at least to me), the years between 1500 and 1700.

The historically enligthened reader, may notice that the year 1525 (wich is a substansial part of the mods name, actually 50% excluding the space in the middle) was the year that the Battle of Pavia was fought (24th of February). The reason I chose this name is that this was the day the Battle of Pavia was fought was the day the Spanish Tercio formations reputaition was established. This was a somewhat diffrent way of warefare, opposing to the methods that the Swiss had conducted their pike warfare in their golden age (they would normally just attack with little support of firearms, unlike the Tercio and the Landsknecht formations), making warefare actually interesting instead of just a push of pikes. The way the Tercios fought were again quite diffrent from the way the armys of the early 18th century would fight (pikemen started feeling more like targets, and some of them even threw away their pikes and picked up muskets instead)

So with that vague background done, its time to introduce the mod, the planned fetures, ideas and all the other stuff.

M2TW 1525
Spanning the 200 years between the 16th and 18th century, this mod will aim to give a interesting and entertaining expirience, that will also be realistic, except where it would interfere with the planned gameplay. The era the mod resides in, is one of the most interesting eras of warfare, where firearms and footmen started to have a more established role in the armies, wich unlike the period before was starting to become more proffesionalised. This was also the period where large Empires was forged, both overseas and on the mainland Europe, and Asia, and 1525 will try to emulate this. The armies of this age also undervent many changes, as new innovations and ideas started to formulate, and they will also undergo many changes as time progresses in M2TW 1525. All in all this mod will aim to introduce a new era to the game, together with many new gameplay features, altough I am not sure I am the one to do this, I know that my ideas hold water, and I am too interested in my ideas to let it go unnoticed into the night.

Planned features:

*Technology research. The idea here is to give the player the option of researching or building. When the players starts to research in a field, he will unlock new buidlings and units and/or give bonuses to existing ones. This would be realised by using the building tree and the guild mechanism.

*Turns per year and aging that matches.

*Uni roster and nation roster. All nations belonging to the same culture will have access to the same uni roster,
while still having their own national units. The uni roster will be divided up into regions such as Western Europe and Eastern Europe. A sample of the Western Europe uni roster would be: Reiter, Pikemen, Musketeers, Swordsmen, etc. A sample of the nation roster, in this case the English (based on the new model army) would be: Redjackets, Ironsides etc.

*Unit upgrades. Most units on the uni roster will recieve upgrades as time passes. This is because pikemen in 1525 were not the same as pikemen in 1690. The upgrading of units will rely on the technology research done by the nation. The upgraded versions of the units will be distinguished by a change in their name, ie, the units that you would start with would be 1500 Pikemen (or even in the event of a nation who at the start of the game is very backwashed 1475 for example) and then every once and so often, depending on historical events be upgraded into the next version. NOTE: I have not been able to think of a way to upgrade your existing units, but I am not too worried about this.

*Campaign map.

*Upgraded vices and virtues.

*Events.

*Total War.

I am also in a need to recruit a team, consisting of people able to do what I am not (I am mainly able to create a plan, ideas, limited research, management, some scripting and balancing), that means that I need people who can script, people to do research and people who can create graphics.

Happy Wintereenmas
-Jon