PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Building Tree 1.1

mwarrior
01-11-2007, 01:27
I have looked into every building and unit in the game and changed many prerequisates as well as added eras for these buildings/units.

There are now 8 eras in the game where buildings or units may appear and correspond to historical events within the game and the dates that these events happened in real life.

1) First Windmill 1130: Pavise shields, mounted crossbows
2) First European Paper 1152: Teutonic and Santiago Knights
3) Mongols Invasion 1208-1224: new knights, early polearms
4) Gundpowder Discovered 1240-1250: some new buildings - however does not allow immediate building of gunpowder units (too early)
5) First Eyeglasses 1286: longbows, late polearms, first cannons, early pikes
6) Timurids Invasion 1368-1384: Plate armor, better pikes, more cannons
7) First Piano 1400: Gothic armor, arquebus, hand guns
8) World is Round (true time) 1446-1453: Carrack, muskets

And of course, era 0, which are the units available from the start.

I have looked into every unit and put them into the buildings that match their armor level, training, and skill. For example, Quapukulu, an elite Turkish cavalry unit with armor level 4 (heavy armorer) is only available at a King's Stables, which requires a heavy armorer. Also this unit is available after the Timurids invasion. Example 2: Lancers (era 7) have armor level 6 (armor factory) so they can be built in a armor factory building which requires a barracks and earl's stables.

In other words, you won't be pumping out Gothic Knights with only a leather tanner in 1100 AD.

While I edited the building tree for realism, I also balanced the tree so that no faction gets left behind with this system. Every faction has new available units according to the eras (exception byzantines who don't get guns).

Main features:
-completely new building tree
-units correspond to realistic eras
-units are built in buildings that correspond to their armor, training, and skill
-more building dependencies
-faction specific buildings tweaked
-building times increased and costs increased slightly for longer campaign

I've changed the export_descr_buildings.txt file which goes into your M2TW/data folder. Also included is the export_buildings.txt file, which you need to put in your M2TW/data/text folder and delete the export_buildings.txt.strings.bin file. Also, the World is Round event is the "true time" event in the descr_events.txt file in your data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign folder.

This file is recommended for longer campaigns (1 year = 1 turn, half year = 1 turn).

mwarrior
01-11-2007, 01:32
Castle building tree example:
https://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3203/buildingtreedu1.jpg

Download here:
http://files.filefront.com/6508114

methoz
01-11-2007, 01:41
lol..i allow guns in ca. 12st...., its funny

Baeksen
01-11-2007, 11:14
This sounds really nice. Keep up the good work :-)

JaM
01-18-2007, 21:17
Yea, i wanted to do same thing, but i'm working on more balanced EDU with armor upgrades worth something. Good Job!

Dooz
01-20-2007, 09:42
Hey, this is excellent. It's wierd that it's been long overlooked, seems like one of the more important aspects of the game to be modded like this. Can this mod be implemented into other ones, such as that collection of the best mods around? This should probably just be included right in there.

This is the one I'm talking about. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=75443

mwarrior
01-24-2007, 04:57
Thanks for the responses guys!

@Wonderland: You can just overwrite the EDB file from that mod, but you may lose some of the features they advertise such as agent limits, build costs, etc. But the EDB file should be compatible.

One more thing, the EDU file (not included in my mod) was causing a CTD. The unit Condottieri is available to sicily and papal states in custom battles (vanilla M2TW), but the papal states don't "own" it. To fix this, go to your export_descr_unit. txt file, search for Condottieri, and add "papal_states" to the line "ownership".

mwarrior
02-11-2007, 16:41
New Version!
-new historic events and text corresponding to the eras
-slight modification of eras
-English and German release (big thanks to Godzilla)
-event pictures for eras (thanks again to Godzilla)
-restored vanilla building capabilities for flexibility
-fixed a few errors in the building tree
-first release

New Eras:
1) Pavise Shield 1100: pavise shields and mounted crossbows
2) Knights Orders 1175: Teutonic and Santiago Knights
3) Mongols Invasion 1208-1224: new knights, early polearms
4) Gundpowder Discovered 1240-1250: some new buildings - however does not allow immediate building of gunpowder units
5) A New Era 1300: longbows, late polearms, first cannons, early pikes
6) Timurids Invasion 1368-1384: Plate armor, better pikes, more cannons
7) End of Ages 1400-1408: Gothic armor, arquebus, hand guns
8) World is Round (true time) 1446-1453: Carracks, muskets

Main Features:
-balance of realism and gameplay
-completely new building tech tree
-units correspond to realistic eras
-units are built in buildings that correspond to their armor, training, skill, and specialization
-more building dependencies (prerequesites making buildings important, especially smiths)
-faction specific buildings tweaked
-Horsebreeder's Guild now built in castles (by looking at the triggers, I'm convinced that this guild was meant to be in castles)
-added in the "realistic" missing units for balance
-compatible with Norman Prologue campaign
-strengthens AI army composition

I encourage all modders to give this mod a try and add their own tweaks to it. The reason this is a "vanilla" version is so modders can add their own ideas to it.

Download here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1123

German version:
http://files.filefront.com/6726022