PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Join a Game II

UglyStrike
01-11-2007, 05:15
I have joined several 1v1' without a problem. I have hosted 3v3 and 4v4's without a problem. I can join a 2v2 or above and make it too the game and then I cause the game to lock up. Everytime. Anyone have a suggestion?

Strike

7Bear7Bottom
01-11-2007, 07:41
I have had that problem before with my PPoE connection a few times, but since it is not static, I exit the lobby, disconnect the PPoE and then reconnect the PPoE and it fixes it for awhile.

Why do this? Not sure, but from what I can see, game spy gets stuck on your IP address, when you disconnect PPoE and reconnect, the PPoE will assign a new IP. It seems to help.

pike master
01-11-2007, 07:55
ive mentioned this before in other threads but ill bring it up again.

i give a third vote on this issue iv been having the same problem.

i hosted a 3v3 tonight but i know if i try to join any game above 2 players ill stall the game. every now and then ill get lucky, joined a 2v2 on huge but than the next two tries it did it again. the only reason i tried that one was because i had doublechecked on all my firewalls and ports and wanted to see if it helped any.

dont like to do it because i dont want to tee people off if i stall their game so all i can do is host. its gotta be a server issue because i have tried everything on my end that i can do. im using dsl.

of course when i mean stall i am talking about joining the game and when we get to the map and are waiting for the players to reach depolyment phase the game will stall out.

CeltiberoMordred
01-11-2007, 21:44
It's an issue already posted in other threads and forums:

http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotalwarfrm13.showMessage?topicID=387.topic

It's already in MP bug list (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=72013&page=2)

"Some players cannot join battles with more than 2 players: connection is lost 9/10 times during pre-battle screen phase before deployment. Those players need to be host in order to play team battles. Note that this one does not happen in 1v1."

I wonder if all players with this problem are using an athlon xp processor.

We will never play together :(

UglyStrike
01-12-2007, 00:44
I am using a Intel P4 2.8 processor, 1 meg RAM with a 300 DSL link.

Jochi Khan
01-12-2007, 00:53
I wonder if all players with this problem are using an athlon xp processor.

I have an Athlon XP 2600+ processor 1Gig RAM ADSL connection and can join or host games without getting this problem.

It seems it is down to individuals PC's.

x-dANGEr
01-12-2007, 08:25
I am using a Intel P4 2.8 processor, 1 meg RAM with a 300 DSL link.
Please tell me you mean "gig"!

ElmarkOFear
01-12-2007, 09:35
LOL He has a gerbil and wheel for a modem as well. :)

pike master
01-15-2007, 06:13
its not pc specific related i think since ugly strike is using a pentium. the closest to the problem seems to be what bear stated i think but if it is that it sounds like gamespy or sega should be able to fix that problem on their end. i can join large games of more than 4 players on rome total war with no issue like this at all.

pike master
01-18-2007, 16:41
sega sent me an email and said they would include fixes to the network code on the next patch.