PDA

View Full Version : Reinstallation Woes

Afkazar
01-12-2007, 04:31
So i was Annoyed that My extractor broke my Medieval 2 i did what i thought was the best path of action.I Uninstalled the Game. Followed by an immediate reinstall.Now when i try to join a game i have an "invalid CD key". Whats going on? im i screwed big time or must i give gamespy time to realize i uninstalled then reinstalled?

Note:After i uninstalled my game i deleted my 7 gb extracted data file.Im sure it reinstalled ive played single player okay.But may have i deleted something i should have?

Censor
01-13-2007, 01:07
It's most likely that you entered your CD-Key in wrong.

Afkazar
01-14-2007, 02:44
Hmm really? in that case wouldnt the entire game just not work? I remeber in rome total war the only thing you needed the CD key was for multiplayer but you put that in after installation....Hmm i really dont wanna go through the whole Installation and patching process A third time.

MK_MadMick
01-14-2007, 19:31
No I had the same problem. When I checked I had got a O instead of 0 in my CD key. I could play in single but not multi.

Afkazar
01-14-2007, 20:37
Well i reinstalled it and it worked.I suppose i didnt put it in caps the second time.Medieval 2 has one of the most inconvient key entry things.Others you just need to type the key and it caps and hypens for you.

sapi
01-15-2007, 02:29
Yeh, i'd have to agree with you there.

It's laughable as a piracy protection measure too, as using that system hackers can just copy in the key and get sp working...