PDA

View Full Version : Trigger to add traits when recruiting a general

acerover
01-12-2007, 21:44
I've add generals as recruitable units. Now i want to assign traits to the general when he is created.

I have read the tutorial on trait & triggers (very good) but i'm still a bit stuck.

An example would be that when the general unit is create he would have x command level. Can anyone point me in he right direction?

alpaca
01-13-2007, 00:23
I think they trigger either a CharacterComesOfAge, BrotherAdopted or LesserGeneralOfferedForAdoption event (probably the first), but you'll have to test it yourself.
To do this, create a trigger with a chance of 100 and make it give some trait that you don't often get (or create a test trait, as I usually do) and recruit a general.

Aegis
01-13-2007, 02:09
I'm quite sure that it's not ComesOfAge and I'm almost certain it's not BrotherAdopted (which should fire when a character's father adopt another son). I think it's the LesserGeneralOfferedForAdoption one, which I believe is the Man of the Hour-type adoptions.

acerover
01-13-2007, 12:00
Well i've tried those but no luck. Is there a way to see which triggers have been used each turn?

Aegis
01-13-2007, 14:42
Okay, apparently, OfferedForAdoption is the trigger that fires for recruited generals (same as the "Candidate for adoption" pop-up). Man of the Hour events uses the LesserGeneralOfferedForAdoption trigger.

acerover
01-13-2007, 16:26
Thats done it. Thanks very much.