PDA

View Full Version : Porblem with Packs

THE_RED_ONE
01-13-2007, 04:43
Hi,
im havin a problem with the packs in a way. Every time i remove them from the medieval file the game will not work in battles or in other words it will crash. Some might say, just keep the packs in it, however my modding in the data file will not work then because apparently the game is still reading from the packs or somthing. Does any one know what the problem might be?

alpaca
01-13-2007, 16:21
Please read this thread:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=76289

THE_RED_ONE
02-03-2007, 00:41
hey uh thanks for the mymod thing however every time i run the .bat file an error comes up with CA_LIBS. any ideas of what to do?

lismore
02-15-2007, 04:27
Hi

I downloaded the patch and extracted.

Sorry if this is a silly question.........to change unit stats for the main camapiuagn would I go into:

medieval2totalwar/data/export_descr_unit.txt

Or does the path need to be different? I tried to edit one or two and nothing changed.

Foz
02-15-2007, 05:49
Hi

I downloaded the patch and extracted.

Sorry if this is a silly question.........to change unit stats for the main camapiuagn would I go into:

medieval2totalwar/data/export_descr_unit.txt

Or does the path need to be different? I tried to edit one or two and nothing changed.

Yes that's the right file. If you're not seeing the changes, then you need to read the link in post #2.

lismore
02-15-2007, 23:52
Yes that's the right file. If you're not seeing the changes, then you need to read the link in post #2.

Hi thanks!

I read the link, but I dont see do I have to move any files or do anything once they have been extracted?

They are all extracted into the data folder but there dont seem to be any changes in the campaign. Do I have to move that file into the campaign folder?

What I mean is when you have extracted and have the export_descr_unit file in the main data directory, what do you do now to change the unit stats and have them show up?

Foz
02-16-2007, 01:05
Hi thanks!

I read the link, but I dont see do I have to move any files or do anything once they have been extracted?

They are all extracted into the data folder but there dont seem to be any changes in the campaign. Do I have to move that file into the campaign folder?

What I mean is when you have extracted and have the export_descr_unit file in the main data directory, what do you do now to change the unit stats and have them show up?
Read the "2. Mod folder vs. io.file_first" section in the first post of the linked thread. Then proceed to read section 3 or 4 and follow the instructions for whichever one you choose. Unpacking the files is not enough, you have to decide on one of those methods to tell the game to look for the unpacked files. If you use a mod folder then all your modified files will need to be copied into it to be applied - if you use io.file_first then whatever you modify in the data directory should be applied.

lismore
02-16-2007, 01:22
Read the "2. Mod folder vs. io.file_first" section in the first post of the linked thread. Then proceed to read section 3 or 4 and follow the instructions for whichever one you choose. Unpacking the files is not enough, you have to decide on one of those methods to tell the game to look for the unpacked files. If you use a mod folder then all your modified files will need to be copied into it to be applied - if you use io.file_first then whatever you modify in the data directory should be applied.

Thanks Friend, will look again. Im just not clued up on the techo mumbo jumbo:idea2: