PDA

View Full Version : ReligionStarter Trait

FactionHeir
01-13-2007, 11:39
I've been adding the "Affects ReligionStarter 1 100" just about anywhere I can think of in the adoption, marriage and coming of age triggers but none of my characters seem to be getting it. As the trait only has threshold 1, this should give them the secret trait however.

Using give_trait during the game allows adding it though, so I wonder whether it is ignored when called for in the scripts? Or do I have to set the amount to higher than 1 in the scripts?

alpaca
01-13-2007, 16:23
Are you sure they don't get it? It's hidden, so it won't show in the trait description. So, what you say is that your characters don't get any extra piety?

FactionHeir
01-14-2007, 00:44
Yup exactly - they do not get their 3 extra piety. LoyaltyStarter works fine OTOH.
Giving them via shell works fine, but its annoying to each time you get a new general to use give_trait.
Besides, it cripples the AI as they don't get it either.

Aegis
01-14-2007, 02:00
I can't find anything wrong with the default trigger (CharacterComesOfAge), but it doesn't seem to be working. Beats me why, all other essentially identical triggers for other traits work fine.

alpaca
01-14-2007, 15:44
Did you make sure that the trait has "Characters family" or even "Characters all"?

Aegis
01-14-2007, 16:04
Hmm, didn't even think of that. The trait applied to "general" characters, but I thought that included any male family member.

alpaca
01-14-2007, 18:03
"general" stands for captains, not named characters.

Foz
01-14-2007, 19:10
"general" stands for captains, not named characters.

Oh wow... did not know that. That's not exactly intuitive at all... I'd just assumed it meant the named ones that weren't in your family. Very good to know, so thanks!

alpaca
01-15-2007, 17:51
Oh wow... did not know that. That's not exactly intuitive at all... I'd just assumed it meant the named ones that weren't in your family. Very good to know, so thanks!
Yes, obviously the people who made the trait system for mtw2 were confused by it, too. It's an easy mistake to make.
And I think family includes character who aren't actually on your family tree.

FactionHeir
01-16-2007, 01:29
It does, otherwise non family generals would end up with only 2 traits :D