PDA

View Full Version : To All Stw Mp Err Players

Veho Nex
01-13-2007, 18:20
Guys as a treat to this fantastic forum i would like to host a STW MP tournament possibly on the fake server But if any one thinks this is a good idea then please sign up here i want to get it going to see if i'm as good as i think i am im in the middle of buying a Game recording program so i can record some battles and if we do it ill send out the movies to all who want them so please come i would like to test my skill

Sasaki Kojiro
01-13-2007, 19:40
Game includes a record battle feature:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=50184&highlight=recording+battles

Veho Nex
01-14-2007, 00:52
Cool but also i need to record Rtw games and Some battle from Comany of heroes to work on a movie im making

TosaInu
01-14-2007, 17:36
Hello Jkarinen,

I haven't played STW WE for a while, but several people are still playing the SamWars mod for MTW VI. About the same game, so I'm not 100% out of shape and we can play some STW in your tourney. We can get some people to fill a teamgame up to 8 players.

I'ld recommend to use the ingame battle recorder, at least for the initial record. I assume you're an artist and want to display from different angles and/or times? The game runs and normal record software will only record what you see at that moment. It's not possible to display your cavalry charge frontally, or demonstrate from an above angle why your warriormonk flank was so important. The ingame record does allow all this. Because it basically just registers the initial setup of each unit and the commands each one receives. It accurately re-enacts the battle. That's why it's so efficient in filespace and performance. Records typically are not. They require lots of diskspace, memory and CPU, the game itself will require memory and CPU too and many systems will then lag.

The only drawback from the replays is that it will be much harder, if not practically impossible, to show what you and only you experienced during the battle as it won't track your camera.

Will the tourney be in a week-end?

Veho Nex
01-14-2007, 18:55
Most likly on the weekend but also i would have to be at my mums to do this(my computer aint fast enough) it will probably be a 8-16 man tourny teams of 2-3-4 i know i dont want 1v1. I'd have to go through each round to record it but thanks for the idea about ingame record ill run both at the same time. The times of this tourny will eithere be

A. Feburary during ski week.
B. Spring break in march or is it april???
C. ( the one i dont want) in summer. late summer after i can goto my mums

The dates arnt for sure. (YET) but i would have it sooner but my dads shutting off the internet so ill wont be able to do it on the weekdays. I just want to see the lvl of prowess STW players Because i kinda have nothing to do so i and my friends play it almost every day and thanks to hammachi we can now play against each other. But if i can talk my friend into it i could hold it over a weekend/series of weekends. I know this seems to be jumping around alot but it would be great to host this and be the ANOUNCER!! i will make an advancment board on my computer and make a post on here(if its ok with admins)

GL HF guys ill have more stable date with in the week/weeks to come.

Veho Nex
01-15-2007, 05:15
Guys i can host a tourny tommoro if u want to join at all probably to early for most people.

Drisos
01-15-2007, 07:21
A 2v2 tourney would be nice, and I'd like to join, yet I'm not available at all times, might take some time to get together for the matches, hope that's not a big problem. ~;)

:bow:

Veho Nex
01-15-2007, 21:13
well its the 15th martinluther king day i can have a tourny at any time today till 9 tonight. message me in xfire to cowtippinghick or send an email to jkarinen@hotmail.com if you wanna go for it i would like 4+ people though so if i get less then that then i will send a reply message back to every one saying that tourny will be postpowned pawned pwned??? god my spelling sucks

ohhh and i usually have TeamSpeak on all day if u have it goto this ip

silent-assassins.servegame.com:8767

ill tell the Server Admin to not kick any one.

Veho Nex
01-19-2007, 06:13
OK GUYS SKI WEEK!!

in feburary i got all my friends up to it (2 people(that play STW))

so i would like several more to join im thinking about making the matchs assinate general matchs SEND EMAILS TO jkarinen@hotmail.com TO SIGN UP

IM ENDING SIGN UPS FEBURARY 10TH!!! PLEASE SIGN UP.:furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :clown: :clown: :clown:

Veho Nex
01-25-2007, 03:53
K no one has sent me an email about this so im taking it u guys dont wanna have a tourny if u change ur minds send me somthing

Veho Nex
02-06-2007, 17:19
no on wants to do the tourny but it will be over the week of february 17

Veho Nex
02-08-2007, 00:27
alright first email sent to me i now got a total of four people if i can get a few more before next week then i will set up a tourny over ski week.

moomo
03-21-2007, 21:33
I'm in. Message me anytime.