PDA

View Full Version : pevergreen's incredibly hard questions (Game) [Concluded]

pevergreen
01-14-2007, 04:13
Well done to Sasaki who got the first question correct, 1 point to you, sir.

Rules: As many guesses as you want, the only infomation you get is what the question has.

All question come from the game Mindtrap, they will appear in the order i pull them out, so no complaining if 5 hard ones in a row.

First person to get it right, gets 1 point, most points at the end, wins!

(ill make nifty little pics for winners)

As soon as i see the correct answer, i will quote it, say congratulations and then post next question.

EDIT: Little Clue, these questions require you to think differently:

You're in a room. The walls are solid rock.

Jutting out from the rock is some PVC pipline, 2.5 inches in diameter.

Its L shaped so:

|= wall
anything else = pipe
(back to front L shape)
|
| |
| |
| |
|-----

Inside that pipe, a 2 inch diameter ping pong ball is dropped. It stays down there, it doesnt roll along the pipe.

(The pipe does lead anywhere, its covered by cement at the end, so nothing can come out of it etc)

You have a shaving mirror, a few paper clips, some string a magnet and a comb.
Get the ping pong ball out.

You could piss in it I suppose.
That was the correct answer.

First Question:
Shadow watched in horror as the convertible sports car seemed to lose control. It crashed through the guard rail, causing the driver to be thrown out of the car and down a 50 meter cliff. Shadow scrambled down the incline to the body. The bloodied driver was pronounced dead, About ten meters away the car lay on its side. Shadow examined the car and immediately noticed several things; the buckle from the driver's seat belt was missing, the driver's seat was covered in fresh blood, and one of the four new tires was punctured by a large nail. Shadow was certain the driver had not been killed in the car accident, but was already dead. Why?

Sasaki Kojiro
01-14-2007, 04:31
He killed the driver? I'm guessing the nail and the seat buckle are red herrings.

Also, the fact that there is blood on the seat when there wouldn't be any just from the accident.

Maybe the name shadow has something to do with it.

pevergreen
01-14-2007, 04:37
Just to make it clear

Shadow is a detective, Sid Shady is a criminal, Slug is a gansta (most of the time) Shadow is always a detective, always good.

Sasaki Kojiro
01-14-2007, 04:46
Ok. I don't know who those other 2 guys are though.

The driver had been shot? Or stabbed or blunt instrument or whatever, something obviously not from the car crash.

pevergreen
01-14-2007, 05:02
Thats close enough to the correct answer

Answer: Since the driver had been thrown from the car upon impact with the guard rail, there was no chance of his blood being all over the car seat unless he was put there.

Close enough to end the question, not close enough to get any points.

Points Tally
Sasaki: 1

Next Question:
Professor Quantum was giving a lecture on "The Life of Aristocracy in the 19th Century". "It was during a large festive gathering of nobility," began Quantum, "when a fairly common occurence took place. The Queen suddenly attacked and killed the King. The crowd watched the entire scene and then casuall continued their party. In what situation in the 19th century would a crowd be so casual about the Queen killing the King?"

GeneralHankerchief
01-14-2007, 05:24
Chess, right?

Sasaki Kojiro
01-14-2007, 05:25
^^ https://img178.imageshack.us/img178/1058/emotarghbr6.gif

A chess game?

pevergreen
01-14-2007, 05:27
Correct! GH gets a point

Points Tally
Sasaki=1
GeneralH=1

Next Question
During a world fair a group of scientists were exhibiting their advances in genetic engineering. There were cross-breeds of various bulls, cows, and other domestic farm animals. Featured in the exhibit were several over-sized prize turkeys. One afternoon during the show, a woman walked up to the exhibit, shot the turkeys and then ran out of the building. Although she was known to a number of people, nobody made any attempt to stop her. Why?

Sasaki Kojiro
01-14-2007, 05:39
She had a gun?

pevergreen
01-14-2007, 05:58
She had a gun?
Incorrect, remember, everything you need to solve it with, is there.

Sasaki Kojiro
01-14-2007, 06:02
She took pictures of the turkeys?

pevergreen
01-14-2007, 06:26
Snapshot! Sasaki gets a point.

Kind of dull with just two people, but theres a lot of questions

Points Tally
Sasaki=2
GH=1

Next Question

Imagine two bridges that are exactly alike except that every dimension of one bridge is exactly two times longer, its structural membesr are exactly two times thicker and so forth. Which of the two bridges would be stronger, or is their strength the same?

GeneralHankerchief
01-14-2007, 06:29
Strength would be the same, since it all evens out.

Sasaki Kojiro
01-14-2007, 06:29
The smaller one I'd imagine, in the same way that if humans were 20 feet tall our leg bones would shatter.

And pever, it's just that there's only us two on right now.

edit: I'd kill GH for getting in before me again but his answer is different :p

pevergreen
01-14-2007, 06:30
Incorrect. for GH

pevergreen
01-14-2007, 06:32
Another point to Sasaki
The smaller bridge is twice as strong. If a steel girder, B, is twice the size of girder A in every dimension, it will be twice as strong as girder A but it will weigh 8 times as much. The double-size bridge could be so weak that it would collapse under its own weight.

Points Tally
Sasaki=3
GH=1
(come on! go GH or a newcomer!)

Next Question:
The coach of the college baseball team, Buck Knox, was checking the residence grounds to be certain his players were in by curfew. Suddenly, he heard a loud crash and turned to catch a glimpse of a man running into the residence. Buck thought it was his star right-handed pitcher, Art Dodger, but he couldn't be sure. Buck went to Art;s room and opened the door. Art Dodger stood in the middle of the room, his right leg in his pants and his left leg out. Art, looking at the wrist watch on his left arm said, "I heard a loud crash and was just getting dressed to see what happened," he stammered. "Forget the bull," said Buck, "I'm certain it was you who just ran in here. For that little caper, you won't be playing tomorrow." How could Buck Knox be so certain it was Art who had been out after curfew?

GeneralHankerchief
01-14-2007, 06:37
Right-handed people always put their left leg in their pants first.

pevergreen
01-14-2007, 06:40
yey! GH is right!

You know the tally by now

Sasaki=3
GH=2

Next Question:

Professor Bumble, who is getting on in years, is growing abesnt minded. On the way to a lecture one day, he went through a red light and turned down a one way street in the wrong direction. A policeman observed the entire scene but did nothing about it. How could Professor Bumble get away with such behaviour?

Sasaki Kojiro
01-14-2007, 06:41
Right-handed people always put their left leg in their pants first.

I don't.

He had his watch on before his pants.

Sasaki Kojiro
01-14-2007, 06:44
yey! GH is right!

Boo! I like my answer better.

Sasaki Kojiro
01-14-2007, 06:45
Next Question:

Professor Bumble, who is getting on in years, is growing abesnt minded. On the way to a lecture one day, he went through a red light and turned down a one way street in the wrong direction. A policeman observed the entire scene but did nothing about it. How could Professor Bumble get away with such behaviour?

mmm, he turned right at the red light, traveling with the flow of traffic on the one way street but in the opposite direction of his school?

pevergreen
01-14-2007, 06:52
mmm, he turned right at the red light, traveling with the flow of traffic on the one way street but in the opposite direction of his school?

This is an Australian game, we go left :wink:

Incorrect. (not the side, the idea)

GeneralHankerchief
01-14-2007, 06:53
He was off-duty?

:laugh4:

Sasaki Kojiro
01-14-2007, 06:53
He is a pedestrian?

edit: Also, GH, again with the posting right before me thing.

pevergreen
01-14-2007, 06:59
Sasaki is correct

Sasaki=4
GH=2

(Get more people, PM them or something [sticky Sasaki? XD])

Next Question

Ben and Carl were in a 100 meter race. When Ben crossed the finish line, Carl was only at the 90 meter mark. Ben suggested they run another race. This time Ben would start ten meters behind the starting line. All other things being equal, will Carl win, lose, or will it be a tie in the second race?

Sasaki Kojiro
01-14-2007, 07:02
lose.

Ben will run 100 meters in the time it takes carl to run 90; they will both then be at the 90 meter mark. Ben will run the remaining 10 in the time it takes carl to run 9.

pevergreen
01-14-2007, 07:05
Sasaki is taking control of this

sasaki=5
gh=2

Next Question:

Heidi Bush has a cottage situated on a well treed lot in Northern Tasmania. She enjoys keeping her lot in top condition by fertilizing, pruning and removing deadwood and broken branches. However, Heidi has a rather strange habit regarding her little forest. Every once in a while, she'll chop down a perfectly healthy tree and put it in a large pot. She'll water the tree and fertilize it etc. and a short time later when she grows tired of it, she burns it. Could there be any rational explanation for this seemingly strange behaviour?

Sasaki Kojiro
01-14-2007, 07:06
Christmas.

GeneralHankerchief
01-14-2007, 07:08
Gah, my attention is elsewhere.

Perhaps you should wait a bit, pevergreen.

pevergreen
01-14-2007, 07:10
Yeah, get people to post here saying they want to play, once at least 5 people are playing, i'll start the questions again.

Sasaki Kojiro
01-14-2007, 07:10
Gah, my attention is elsewhere.

Perhaps you should wait a bit, pevergreen.

True dat, I was going to watch a movie.

Motep
01-14-2007, 09:55
...I somehow missed this thread...
Ill join in.

pevergreen
01-15-2007, 03:44
Thats 3.

Csargo
01-15-2007, 20:58
I guess I'll give it a try.

ZombieFriedNuts
01-15-2007, 22:32
me 2

Caius
01-16-2007, 00:41
Im in

pevergreen
01-16-2007, 03:36
Ubers! thats five..now i just have to find the questions...here they are. I wont be able to reply with answers for a few hours...

Points Tally
Same as last time

Next Question:

A survey was conducted of all the various mechanical modes of transportation people use to get to work each day. What did it find was the most common method of transportation?

Sasaki Kojiro
01-16-2007, 03:49
bike?

Seamus Fermanagh
01-16-2007, 04:06
Walking.

Sasaki Kojiro
01-16-2007, 04:17
I don't see how walking is mechanical.

Kommodus
01-16-2007, 04:54
These questions aren't "incredibly hard." They're from the game Mindtrap. :yes:

Of course walking is mechanical. What's the next question?

Sasaki Kojiro
01-16-2007, 05:12
These questions aren't "incredibly hard." They're from the game Mindtrap. :yes:

Of course walking is mechanical. What's the next question?

Why is it mechanical? Humans are entirely biological. Also, if you walk to your car and drive to work and then walk into the building, the car is the method of transportation you used to get there. Consider:

pevergreen: Hey Sasaki! How did you get to australia from the US?
Sasaki: I walked!

pevergreen
01-16-2007, 08:20
Hah, no one is right yet. This is so obvious, yet so hard to think of at the same time. Thats why the name of the thread is as it is.

And if anyone else owns Mindtrap, dont look the answers up, no fun if you do.

discovery1
01-16-2007, 08:48
They drove?

Andres
01-16-2007, 09:25
No transportation? They work at home using the internet?

Csargo
01-16-2007, 09:46
I'm a bird so I fly to work ;D

I would guess the subway or something like that.

pevergreen
01-16-2007, 10:36
Nope, none right so far. :laugh4: You'll all groan when you get the answer.

Sigurd
01-16-2007, 11:42
HAHAHA

I guess a lift

pevergreen
01-16-2007, 13:43
Mwhahahah!

Points Tally
Sasaki is on 5
General H is on 2
and the newcomer Sigurd is on 1!

Oh, yeah he got the answer right btw :wink:

Next Question:
(its easy)
If you divide thirty by a half and add ten, what is the answer?

Csargo
01-16-2007, 14:23

pevergreen
01-16-2007, 14:32
:inquisitive: No...

Sigurd
01-16-2007, 14:47
To easy Pever..

pevergreen
01-16-2007, 15:05
*stares at sigurd, waiting for his revenge, which shall come with this question*

Points Tally

Sasaki 5
General H 2
Sigurd 2

Two men escaped from prison. Their footprints led to the edge of a cliff which is perpendicular to the sea, some 100 yards belwo. The soil was not disturbed anywhere in this area, except for their footprints. One man was over six feet tall and the other was barely 5 feet. According to the footprints, the taller man took a shorter stride. The shorter man walks heavily on his heels. The taller man walked behind the shorter man because he sometimes treaded over the smaller footprints, but never the other way around. They could not have walked backwards over their own footprints since each footprint is without overlap. The tow men received no assistance and they did not jump. How did they manage to leave the cliff without leaving any retreating footprints?

Sigurd
01-16-2007, 15:32
Ah... the Cornish Cliff mystery..

'Tis too easy my friend.
The short man walked to the edge of the cliff with the taller man's boots in his hands.
He then switched boots and walked backwards.
When walking backwards one tend to take shorter strides.
That is why the tall guy seamingly took shorter strides than the shorter guy.

Solved?

pevergreen
01-16-2007, 15:38
Yes, but without a few of the proofs.

Grrr...:laugh4: you must have this game :laugh4:

Points Tally

Sasaki 5
Sigurd 3
GH 2

Next Question (im going to bed after i type this)

Shadow slipped on the wet grass as he crossed the lawn to meet Sid Shady on the front porch. When Shady unlocked the front door, Shadow went to the kitchen to wash the grass and mud from his hands. He turned on the hot water tap and immediately recived a stream of hot water. After washing he met Shady in the study. Shady crossed the room and excitedly opended the sealed envelope containing the safe's combination. He opened the safe and read the will. It read that as long as his deceased uncle's wishes were complied with, Shady would be entitled to the entire fortune. "As you know," said Shadow, "your uncle requested nobody be allowed to enter this house until they do so with me three days after his death. Since you have the only keu, I'm afraid you lost your uncles fortune." Why?

Sigurd
01-16-2007, 15:45
HEHE...

for the hotwater to come out of the tap immediately.. someone must have just been there tapping some hot water.
Alas.. Sid had the only key and was the only one that could have entered the house using the hotwater.

pevergreen
01-16-2007, 15:50
Yep

There is a word, with kst in the beginning, in the middle, and in the end. What is the word?

Caius
01-16-2007, 16:07
kst-kst-kst?:inquisitive:

Sigurd
01-16-2007, 16:11
There is a word, with kst in the beginning, in the middle, and in the end. What is the word?
Alright.. I had to look that one up and your wording should be:

What eight-letter word has kst in the middle, in the beginning, and at the end?
Answer: Inkstand

pevergreen
01-17-2007, 02:16
No, it shouldnt! Mwhahaha

The idea isnt to look them up, but to glance at this every so often and amuse yourself while trying to figure it out while reading over the boring "I hate m2tw" threads.

pevergreen
01-17-2007, 07:53
Forward im heavy, backwards im not, what am i?

Sigurd
01-17-2007, 09:05
I though this was the incredible hard questions thread?

Answer: TON

pevergreen
01-17-2007, 10:48
Your cheating, I know it :laugh4:

In duncan's cottage, where the temperature was below freezing, there was a newspaper, a fireplace, some kindling, and a kerosene lamp. What should he light first?

Sigurd
01-17-2007, 11:17
Your cheating, I know it :laugh4:

In duncan's cottage, where the temperature was below freezing, there was a newspaper, a fireplace, some kindling, and a kerosene lamp. What should he light first?

Well I can't see any catches in this riddle.. hence it shouldn't matter what he should light first.
If you moddified that riddle.. maybe I could come up with a different answer...

pevergreen
01-17-2007, 11:27
YES! I win! Mwhwhahhahhaaaahahhaha :laugh4: Sorry about the outburst, but this is the easiest one so far.

Sigurd
01-17-2007, 11:39
How is that Tally BTW?

And I think I have heard that riddle before... but then Duncan had only one match to lit something with.
Since you ommited that.. I suppose he had a case full.

pevergreen
01-17-2007, 11:42
Points tally?
Bah!

You're winning, thats the points tally!

New Rule: 1 guess per question. In effect now (so sigurd gets another go at the latest one)

Sigurd
01-17-2007, 13:40
New Rule: 1 guess per question. In effect now (so sigurd gets another go at the latest one)
Alrighty then..
Well I guess Duncan should lit his match first

Sjakihata
01-17-2007, 14:21
He should light the lamp first.

Csargo
01-17-2007, 22:56
I think Sigurds right.

Sir Boo
01-17-2007, 23:48
The cottage :D

Andres
01-17-2007, 23:52
He shouldn't light anything. Smoking a cottage, a newspaper, a fireplace, some kindling or a kerosene lamp can't be good for his health...

pevergreen
01-18-2007, 01:10
Alrighty then..
Well I guess Duncan should lit his match first

Damn! Your right :laugh4:

The maker doesn't want it, the buyer doesn't use it, and the user doesn't see it. What is it?

Sigurd
01-18-2007, 01:14
The maker doesn't want it, the buyer doesn't use it, and the user doesn't see it. What is it?
One more before I turn in...
Answer: Coffin

pevergreen
01-18-2007, 01:34
Your too good :laugh4:

Motep
01-18-2007, 02:12
well...make a new one...

pevergreen
01-18-2007, 02:29
So demanding :laugh4: in time, in time.

Glaucus
01-18-2007, 20:57
delete me

pevergreen
01-19-2007, 01:00
Pulls out Instagib
heh heh heh.

Glaucus
01-19-2007, 02:49
haha I didn't realize there was more then 1 page, so I posted the answer to a riddle from the first page. :embarassed: Are there more to come?

pevergreen
01-19-2007, 03:33
Didnt realise so many people relied on this :laugh4:

Mel Colly stared through the dirty soot-smeared window on the 26th floor of the office tower. Overcome with depression he slid the window open and jumped through it. It was a sheer drop outisde the building to the ground. Miraculously after he landed he was completely unhurt. Since there was nothing to cushion his fall or slow his descent, how could he have survived?

Sasaki Kojiro
01-19-2007, 03:38
He wasn't in the office tower, he was on the 1st floor of another building.

Kommodus
01-19-2007, 03:54
Perhaps he was a window cleaner and was going into the building rather than out of it?

Sigurd
01-19-2007, 11:47
Perhaps he was a window cleaner and was going into the building rather than out of it?:laugh4: ... I guess you got it Kommodus