PDA

View Full Version : Muslim factions...Especially Turks...

Wolf_Kyolic
01-14-2007, 12:51
A bit weak? Egypt for example does not get camels. Turkish infantry stats on the other hand are so poor. Yes you have to use them as hybrid inf which pins enemy inf and weaken them before the engagement like in MTW1 yet now in MTW2 they cannot kill enough to make the stats even because western inf armour is way too heavy and they do not loose much when you pin them.

Egypt SHOULD get camels like before and Turkish hybrid infs missle stats should be made better in order to balance their force with western inf.

What do you guys think?

Fenix7
01-14-2007, 12:58
Kyo how come that you have specificaly addressed Turkish faction? hehe

I would say that Turks are playable in high era and even in late. Overall I agree that there are factions which are considerably stronger then others ( based on the unit tpye selection criteria ).

Turkish hybrid infs missle stats should be made better in order to balance their force with western inf.

Despite few of their infantry units like JHI are probably the strongest infantry unit in the game, they have poor infantry selection overall.

KrooK
01-14-2007, 12:59
I played some games yesterday. First against Kanuni and his Turks, later using Turks - they seem to be nice. Fast medium cav and quit high morale.
Alan cav a bit too expensive but fight well.

ArneHD
01-14-2007, 13:39
I never found the Turnks to be paticulary challeging, their cheap horse archers and Nafatun can really do some damage. Especially if you only have early period units.

YellowMelon
01-15-2007, 05:37
My Early Turks army is the same as my High Turks Army, strange eh :) On Early theyre possibly the best faction.

Egypt will be better once the two handed bug is fixed and the axe unit will be effective. I also think Saracen MIlitia are a very undervalued unit, ive seen them hold well longer than their stats suggest.

Ask Aonar how my Turks did against him :laugh4:

Wolf_Kyolic
01-15-2007, 08:15
I also think Saracen MIlitia are a very undervalued unit, ive seen them hold well longer than their stats suggest.

Yep. Was the same in MTW1. They sometimes do much better than you expect.

Fenix7
01-15-2007, 13:23
Ask Aonar how my Turks did against him
:whip: :)

ELITEofBLIZZARD
01-18-2007, 14:20
Find the exploit coming along with muslim factions kyo :> mtw2 is all aboit exploits and the muslims have one of the best i saw so far... even better than all (heavy) cav ;)

Paolai
01-18-2007, 15:18
mtw2 is all aboit exploits

do you mean bugs? ~:)

ELITEofBLIZZARD
01-18-2007, 15:35
its quite the same :) but u cant win without special armies in league games... so use them or loose...

Lavos
01-18-2007, 16:10
Leme guess, naphta? ;)

RTKBarrett
01-18-2007, 16:24
LOL :D
Hes right though, this game is all about exploitation atm...

Paolai
01-18-2007, 16:51
its quite the same :) but u cant win without special armies in league games... so use them or loose...

imho it is not the same. A bug is something that it is not supposed to work, lets say a "mistake". Yes, MTW2 is full of mistakes.

ELITEofBLIZZARD
01-18-2007, 17:21
Exploits use bugs... well... anyway... the old rock paper scissor principle isnt the same like in mtw1. which unit beats which unit? in what case? in what circumstances? its more the question which exploit beats which. all cav kills naphta, naphta kills ele, ele kills all cav... that sucks... we dont like to play this way... mtw2 can be played with much more pleasure... but what should you do if ur opponent uses this exploits?

but well... thats actually not the topic :I

Paolai
01-18-2007, 17:55
Exploits use bugs... well... anyway... the old rock paper scissor principle isnt the same like in mtw1. which unit beats which unit? in what case? in what circumstances? its more the question which exploit beats which. all cav kills naphta, naphta kills ele, ele kills all cav... that sucks... we dont like to play this way... mtw2 can be played with much more pleasure... but what should you do if ur opponent uses this exploits?

agreed :(

Monarch
01-18-2007, 17:57
*Monarch reeeeeallly cba to go looking for exploits. But then again getting owned by exploits aint so fun either. Anyone care to let me copy your homework? :P

lol, seriously I'm not really bothered to enough to go looking for exploits. If someone beats me by using one, and I'm not using them, then in the words of my school teacher "your only cheating yourselves" :dizzy2:

:clown:

Fenix7
01-18-2007, 19:00
lol, seriously I'm not really bothered to enough to go looking for exploits.

You don't even have too look for them. They are there.

If someone beats me by using one, and I'm not using them, then in the words of my school teacher "your only cheating yourselves"

Here is the trick. Would you be interested to play MTW 2 for one month more if someone who doesn't cheat, but is aware of bugs (eventualy this becames exploit) would be constantly wining over you, despite you have slightly better skills then he does?

It is hard not to use exploits if you are aware of them. I don't heav in mind winning for every cost, but from my experiences I'm not going to use units which are bugged and are going to rout in few seconds. Are you going to use them?

There is one cavalry unit in Scottish and Turkish faction (probably even more) which have one bug which help you to win the match without doing anything at all. It is more then enough that you already pick that unit and charge with it. If that unit is the only unit which is as well cheap and effective enough of all others why not to use it? If you are not going to use it then that faction is not playable. I'm talking about repeated charge bonus.

And don't tell me you would not use shorter way to solve a matematical problem if there is an option for it. Afterall if you would get a better degree instead of someone else would this mean that you have cheated? You just knew more then he did.

Monarch
01-18-2007, 20:20

lol ye, but without saying it in my post I just meant I was too lazy :embarassed:

RTKBarrett
01-19-2007, 14:43

Here is the trick. Would you be interested to play MTW 2 for one month more if someone who doesn't cheat, but is aware of bugs (eventualy this becames exploit) would be constantly wining over you, despite you have slightly better skills then he does?

It is hard not to use exploits if you are aware of them. I don't heav in mind winning for every cost, but from my experiences I'm not going to use units which are bugged and are going to rout in few seconds. Are you going to use them?

There is one cavalry unit in Scottish and Turkish faction (probably even more) which have one bug which help you to win the match without doing anything at all. It is more then enough that you already pick that unit and charge with it. If that unit is the only unit which is as well cheap and effective enough of all others why not to use it? If you are not going to use it then that faction is not playable. I'm talking about repeated charge bonus.

And don't tell me you would not use shorter way to solve a matematical problem if there is an option for it. Afterall if you would get a better degree instead of someone else would this mean that you have cheated? You just knew more then he did.

Its like the light lancers for mongols/cav militia for Russia/Border Horses/Hobilars etc etc :-) All are cheap and can be upgraded to make incredibly powerful units...

CeltiberoMordred
01-19-2007, 17:50
In general, all those cheap units without shields can be converted in killing machines using upgrades. Shield bug matters:

Example

Feudal knights: att10/def16 730 fl

Hobilars: att7/def7 280 fl

Due to shield bug, the +4 shield bonus is a malus, so the def 16 of feudal knights is in fact a 12-4 = 8 defense points. Now let's give upgrades to hobilars:

Hobilars v2 w1 a1 (displayed as att9/def9) 644 fl

Feudal knights: att10/def8 730 fl

Hobilars win, and costing less money.

Same can be applied to any unit without shield, as stated above.

CeltiberoMordred
01-19-2007, 18:47
After some testing, I feel worried.

I have upgraded some cheap cavalry units, adding +1 to armor, weapon and valour (even those with a shield), and they can defeat the heaviest cavalries in a frontal charge and with lower cost. According to stats, that should not happen... Maybe related with armor upgrade not being a +1 but a higher boost acording to the new armour? Who knows!

Aelwyn
01-19-2007, 22:47
After some testing, I feel worried.

I have upgraded some cheap cavalry units, adding +1 to armor, weapon and valour (even those with a shield), and they can defeat the heaviest cavalries in a frontal charge and with lower cost. According to stats, that should not happen... Maybe related with armor upgrade not being a +1 but a higher boost acording to the new armour? Who knows!

ha. quite amusing. very well programmed and tested.

ElmarkOFear
01-20-2007, 06:15
Mordred they should have had you testing for balance! :yes: Very well researched.

RTKBarrett
01-20-2007, 21:35
Mordred they should have had you testing for balance! :yes: Very well researched.

Having anyone testing would be a gd start! Lets go nuts and start pertitioning for mordreds immediate acceptance as a worker for CA :laugh4:

Monarch
01-20-2007, 21:53
Having anyone testing would be a gd start!

:laugh4:

Anyway @ baz you said russian cac militia can be one of these uber supposed to be useless units, but dont they have shields?

RTKBarrett
01-20-2007, 22:23
Its still the basic concept of extremely inexpensive units of tanks really...
Im sure they would do the job as well as any of the others mentioned.