PDA

View Full Version : 1755-1865: Total War

brokguitar
01-14-2007, 21:07
Looking for modding help:
-- Expand M2TW map, add new regions and cities.
-- Create new unit models (when possible)
--verify authenticity of flags, uniforms, armies, cities, and borders for all
regions/factions.
-- Create new elements in diplomacy, war, missions, and Pope.
-- Create new vices and virtues
-- Creating new ideas

1755-1865: Total War

Timeline:
1755-1865 AD
Major Wars:
Seven Years War, ( 8 Jul 1755 - 10 Feb 1763)
American Revolution ( 9 Feb 1775 - 4 Sep 1783)
French Revolutionary Wars (20 Apr 1792 - 27 Mar 1802)
Napoleonic Wars (16 May 1803 - 22 Jun 1815)
Anglo-American War of 1812 (19 Jun 1812 - 8 Jan 1815)
Mexican-American War (13 May 1846 - 2 Feb 1848)
Crimean War (27 Mar 1854 - 27 Apr 1856)
War of Italian Unification (26 Apr 1859 - 11 Jul 1859)
American Civil War ( 8 Feb 1861 - 9 Apr 1865)

Map:
M2:TW original map.(new regions will be made)

Factions: (not final)

PLAYABLE
Britain
France
Spain
Ottomans
Prussia
Portugal
Russia
Poland
Austria-Hungary (Hapsburg)
Denmark
Sweden
HRE
Switzerland
Naples
Piedmont
Venice
Saxony
Rep. of Genoa
Tuscany
Papal States
Bavaria

NONPLAYABLE
United Netherlands
Hanover
Slave

UNITS:
New units will be created for cannons, mounts, infantry, ships, and rebels.

http://www.euratlas.net/cartogra/Rocque/index.html
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/historical/shepherd/europe_1740.jpg
http://www.worldstatesmen.org/WARS.html#Seven%20Years
http://www.militaryheritage.com/mitre.htm
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/historical/shepherd_1911/shepherd-c-162-163.jpg

serenius4tsd
01-15-2007, 08:44
Quite an ambitious project - good luck.

brokguitar
01-15-2007, 17:58
A new map is needed but work has started with the units. With a time frame of a little over 100 years, there is very little distinction between units except for uniforms. Flintlocks to percussion caps is about it for weapons. Ships went wodden to ironclad towards the middle of 1860's. All the elements are already implemented within M2TW.

brokguitar
01-16-2007, 04:08
Here is a example of some work Ive done. Its a pelay save from a custom battle.
Check it out if your interested.

http://www.savefile.com/files/416719

brokguitar
01-18-2007, 03:58
***Update***
To get the mod rolling at a decent pace(until a new map is made) we decided to use the current map of Europe and create new regions. This allows us to test and get a working mod out faster. So far This is the list of factions we are using. Feedback is welcome!

Factions: (not final)

PLAYABLE
Britain
France
Spain
Ottomans
Prussia
Portugal
Russia
Poland
Austria-Hungary (Hapsburg)
Denmark
Sweden
HRE
Switzerland
Naples
Piedmont
Venice
Saxony
Rep. of Genoa
Tuscany
Papal States
Bavaria

NONPLAYABLE
United Netherlands
Hanover
Slave

Icefrisco
01-19-2007, 20:29
im just wondering how are you going to cover such a large timeperiod with so much technology changing?

brokguitar
01-20-2007, 19:19
One change at a time:yes:

It will take some time to complete this mod. I am doing this because I personally enjoy this timeperiod. So this is something that will be shared with the community but not directly for the community. That leaves this as a leasure mod, to work on when time permits.
There has not been a finishing date made for the 1775-1865 mod. The mod will be updated as soon as something new pops up.

Current work in progress:

Re-establishing new regions and reorginizing faction control.

mdterp
01-22-2007, 17:52
I would love to help you out on this modification.

I have the historical knowledge and ideas for the American and British factions and could easily research for the others.

One question I do have is how are you going to implement trains? This was critical in the American Civil war. I was thinking perhaps give 20% movement points to factions who have the tech? I don't know of any way to depict trains otherwise.

Hross af Guttenburg
01-22-2007, 23:05
One way we are looking at it in REVOLUTION! Total War (see main thread) is to have roads as normal with the basic much higher than the basic standard of roads in Vanilla. Certain roads will strecth from city to city in more or less straight lines and the campmap graphic modded and the movement points allowed for this 'road' to be astronomic. Of course it isnt as easy as all that but basically if it works then it would be the easiest way to represent a railway system. Brok and my team have already discussed that if we sort this then we will obviously share it with his mod in exchange for some of his goodies, the community needs more developments...

brokguitar
01-23-2007, 22:42
mdterp:
If you would like,let me know what you are able to contribute and we can find a place for you.
Although it would be cool to see rails on the map, your idea of establishing more movement along roads after a certain era would give the idea of rails are in place.

Hross:
The main problem Ive seen so far is the modeling aspect. I am going to get everything I can done up to that point. When I get a beta mod out, you are more than welcome to look through the files and see what was done. I hope that would help.

aleksandar macedonian II
02-01-2007, 18:33
very nice mod
hmm you must wait for CA to realize next patch for MTW because of MASH packs,for models and animations

sparkmaster4513
02-02-2007, 09:40
Good luck with your mod.

I am most interested in what you can do with your gunpowder units. One of my biggest gripes is that stupid revolving line thing. Obviously they didn't use that during the time period you are looking at. If you're able to change it to single or double line firing, perhaps with an independent fire option, it would be a boon not just for you, but for the entire community.

Good luck.

vymlos
02-03-2007, 11:05
It will be great mod. I have one stupid question: HRE means Holy Roman Empire? You have Bavaria,Prussia and Saxony for example in faction list, but they were part of Holy Roman Empire. Maybe you should change HRE to another german state as Hesse-Darmstadt.

brokguitar
02-04-2007, 00:08
aleksander: yes tools would be nice

sparkmaster: already have done gunpowder units firing not in volley and independently. I did not know this was not available information to the community. I posted a little replay up a couple posts. If you play it(may give error just hit check mark will still work) you will see gunpowder units firing as independent soldiers instead of the volley. Plus they can fire while line of sight is blocked.
If there is a need for how it is done i would not mind posting this information for all to see.

vymlos: the independent german states as a whole is what i was looking at for HRE. Saxony, Prussia, and Bavaria were to be set up with their own faction and cities.

Currently I am getting a headache working on regions. Units are my strong point. If anyone would like to jump in and help adding some new cities and independent city regions that would help. Otherwise, It will take me time to do this. I have a paint map with laid out regions if anyone would like to see it.

sparkmaster4513
02-04-2007, 04:55
Have you found a way to deactivate the rotating line while the units are firing in volley yet? Obviously they didn't do that in the time period this mod covers. That'll be the trick, to have the line fire in volley and reload, without rotating.

Also, do you have any ideas about how to make the first line kneel, and having both lines fire a volley?

brokguitar
02-05-2007, 17:13
sparkmaster :
Have you found a way to deactivate the rotating line while the units are firing in volley yet?
Yes, was done very easily.

Also, do you have any ideas about how to make the first line kneel, and having both lines fire a volley?
No, i have not done any animations that this would require

AliAS
02-05-2007, 21:25
Good luck boys. I hope you did. i like again played with muskets :2thumbsup:

Mircea85
02-23-2007, 18:18
Good luck with this mod.

Helgi
03-03-2007, 04:24
:toff: Look forward to this Mod, just got M2TW:toff:

hobbiton101
03-08-2007, 15:45
any idea when this mite be done by?

brokguitar
03-09-2007, 02:57
Hello,
For anyone interested in making this move along faster, you can join up and share the work. Send a private message and let me know what you want to work on.

Bigfoot123
03-15-2007, 05:55
How is the Mod going? I really hope that you can go through with this! Good luck!

If I could mod, I would help out a lot.

hgtm
03-23-2007, 18:09
show us some screens,pls!

brokguitar
03-24-2007, 20:25
To anyone interested in this mod,

I am taking a break from making this mod. I would encourage anyone that would like to work on it to get with me and I will give them my complete files. I haven't had the time to work lately and I have had help drop out without replacements. This means I am going to take time off and think about if I would like to continue with this.

Thanks for your community support!

King Orko
07-27-2007, 22:32
sounds like a good mod!
another ideas for factions:
sweden
lombardy
morrocco
USA as an emergent faction
mexico as an emergant faction

and I think that hanover and the netherland should be playable
good luck

Hross af Guttenburg
08-28-2007, 23:40
Hi Brok just popping by to say hello and ask you how things are going. Is this mod still alive?
With the many developments in the modding community and some of the semi-exciting things that are happening throught he Kingdom expansion does this make your mod seem any easier?
I'm interested for myself also, I have been considering looking at starting the Revolution! mod thread up again.

brokguitar
11-18-2007, 11:18
Well it seems CA is making a Empire: Total war so there is no point in me working on this at all. I hope they do a better job with the AI this time around.