PDA

View Full Version : Invalid CD-KEY , when trying to login multiplayer

swisz
01-16-2007, 21:05
Anyone know why , it never comes futher then the login , with what name i wanna use and email etc... Its saying just saying """FAILED LOGIN . INVALID CD-KEY""" just brought the game, from the shop... Someone is using the same CD key or ?

Jochi Khan
01-17-2007, 01:07
Welcome to the .org SWISZ

That error message normally means that the CD key was entered incorrectly.
Did you type the numbers and letters and '-' (dashes) EXACTLY as they are shown on the back of your manual that was in the case?
All letters are CAPITALS and '0's are zeroes.

Afkazar
01-17-2007, 02:16
Yeah i had the same problem.You hafta type All in caps and insert your own hyphens

swisz
01-17-2007, 15:19
thank you for fast repsonse mate, where do i change my cd key ?

swisz
01-17-2007, 15:31
Do i need to intall the game again ? :help:

vitch
01-17-2007, 15:54
Ok, to change the cd-key without having to go through the unpleasantness of a complete reinstall and patchng again do this:

go to: start/ run

Type in Regedit which will open the registry

Expand: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/SEGA

Then click on Medieval II Total War which will show between 3 and 6 registry's one of which being CD Key.

Right click on that and modify.

Now U can put in the correct CD key. Don't forget to put in the "-" between each 4 digits, and if it's in capitals type it in in capitals, but if it's in lower case type it in in lower case. Also there's no o's in a CD Key only 0's (Zero's).

Hope this helps

Not my own work. I copied this from another thread the other day whilst browsing at work.

vitch
01-17-2007, 16:04
I too am having all sorts of problems trying to get online and have read through upteen threads in the forums to try and get some answers.

Is there any chance of someone doing a definitive "Guide to Connecting" and making it a sticky?

Kind Regards.

swisz
01-17-2007, 17:22
Ok, to change the cd-key without having to go through the unpleasantness of a complete reinstall and patchng again do this:

go to: start/ run

Type in Regedit which will open the registry

Expand: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/SEGA

Then click on Medieval II Total War which will show between 3 and 6 registry's one of which being CD Key.

Right click on that and modify.

Now U can put in the correct CD key. Don't forget to put in the "-" between each 4 digits, and if it's in capitals type it in in capitals, but if it's in lower case type it in in lower case. Also there's no o's in a CD Key only 0's (Zero's).

Hope this helps

Not my own work. I copied this from another thread the other day whilst browsing at work.

Thank you for pasting it to be mate : )

vitch
01-17-2007, 17:49
Just be warned that editing your registry is at your own risk and if you edit the wrong thing you could totally screw your PC.

Can you report back if you get it going MP? I've done this regedit and lost the 'Invalid CD Key' message but now all I get is a frozen PC which I can't even alt-tab out of.

kind regards

vitch
01-17-2007, 19:04
YAY! I just got connected! Can't say why cos I've not done anything to my PC from yesterday when I kept freezing up.:beam:

Look forward to seeing you online.

Jochi Khan
01-17-2007, 21:43
Can you report back if you get it going MP? I've done this regedit and lost the 'Invalid CD Key' message but now all I get is a frozen PC which I can't even alt-tab out of.

kind regards

Very often this is caused by your firewall blocking your connection.
Other than that, switching off your PC and rebooting after a few minutes very often solves the problem of the frozen PC.

Happy to see you are back online.

Happy hunting.

Kronos
01-20-2007, 09:35
Very often this is caused by your firewall blocking your connection.
Other than that, switching off your PC and rebooting after a few minutes very often solves the problem of the frozen PC.

Happy to see you are back online.

Happy hunting.

Yeah, on alot of pc's u need to restart after installing game/changing the cd key
for it to work on mp.

Oh and i forgot to put a warning about screwing up ur system in the original registry thing:oops: