PDA

View Full Version : Another connection problem....

Lavos
01-16-2007, 23:16
While I got luck this time with connecting to main server and got no NAT problems in joining and hosting games, I got another thing that is lately so going on my nervers that I'm considering hanging this game for good.
I'm talking about that bloody ''Possible Connection Problems'' popup window that comes up in the middle of the fight becouse of lag (I think). There was the same thing in rome (and we had ttttttttt in mtw), you just waited a little and game normaly resumed. It did throw some player out occasionally, or even crash the game, but here it almost 90% chance game will be lost when I get that message. It did happen for me from start, but it wasn't so common, lately theres at least every second game that got chrashed with this. Whats even worse is that it don't happen right at game start but it plays perfectly for a whole skirmish and then chrash just at the middle of main fight. :furious3:

sapi
01-17-2007, 02:17
That's not the game; it's either your or the host's connections.

Your best bet is to troubleshoot from your end, though what the ultimate cause may be i don't know

Lavos
01-17-2007, 16:44
Right, then can you explain why the same didn't happen so often in unpached game, and do not happen in BI and VI? I actually tested it againt to see if there is maybe a problem with my network.
Again, I don't see why I always get problems with this series, theres always something. While for most mp games I don't need to set even a thing in router, here I need to open ports, tweak or even turn off firewall, have absolutly nothing running in background, then cross my fingers to even get to main server, there again do some ceremonial voodoo before battle for luck, and hope all goes well. All just so my game freezes while my peasants of Doom are doing their job. To think I could play 4v4 VI even on dialup...