PDA

View Full Version : What ports need forwarding

zulukiller
01-17-2007, 19:57
Basically im having a problem connecting to games online i always get NAT negotiation problems. Things is ive looked and ive looked everywere and i cant find the list of ports i need to forward (there not even listed in the manual) so i can play online can someone please post a link to the list of ports id be really greatfull if you did.

EDIT well ive found the ports now and i have portforwarded but im still getting the NAt problem does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this ???.

MK_MadMick
01-17-2007, 21:15
Join the club m8. I've got exactly the same problem, only I get a message 'Failed to join game followed by 3 sets of numbers lile this
6:4:436. Up to about 3 weeks ago I could play online without any probs. As far as I'm concerned nothing has changed, yet EVERY time I try to join a game a get an error message.
What router do you use? Mines a Netgear DG834G.

yiph
01-18-2007, 09:10
what are the port numbers please and which are tcp and udp?

zulukiller
01-18-2007, 21:31
* 27750 (Medieval II - Total War)
* 6667 (IRC)
* 3783 (Voice Chat Port)
* 27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
* 28900 (Master Server List Request)
* 29900 (GP Connection Manager)
* 29901 (GP Search Manager)
* 13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
* 6515 (Dplay UDP)
* 6500 (Query Port)

The ports that have UDP in the name i forward them to UDP and the others that dont say i forwarded them to both UDP & TCP.

@MK_MadMick im using a Binatone ADSL 2000 router

Ive had the game i think since the beging of december or end of november and never tried to play online untill a couple of weeks ago so for all i know i could be in the same situation as you.

MK_MadMick
01-21-2007, 12:01
I just wondered if we had the same router, if it was a common problem.
Perhaps we should compare notes.
So far Ive updated my firmware and opened all the required ports.
Turned off Windows XP firewall.
I did have one glimmer of luck.
I have the facility on my router to set it as a DMZ server. Apparently this opens ALL ports and needs to be done only as a last resort and with care. As you have NO protection from your router. Its like using an old style modem.
I went in to lobby and got straight in to a game.
Ah ha I thought it works, so I may as well delete all the ports I've forwarded and just go in to DMZ mode while I play MTW2.
Big mistake I couldn't get in to any games from lobby again. So I re set up all the ports and went in to DMZ mode and still cant get in. So here I am at the moment.
I've also rebooted my router, turned it off for several minutes, and back on.
Nothing seems to work. I'm gonna try again this morning.
Thing is I've never ever had this problem with any other online games, and I've played a lot in my time. I just wonder if the netcode for MTW2 is pish poor.

MK_MadMick
01-21-2007, 12:05
Also wasn't quite sure which ports were TCP or UDP so I made em all TCP/UDP
hopefully that should be ok

MK_MadMick
01-21-2007, 17:46
I had some limited success today. I managed to join 2 games. I change one setting on ports for UDP/TCP to just TCP and got in a game. Next time I was back to same old problem. Then I changed my router to DMZ and got in another game. Since then though I've had no further joy.