PDA

View Full Version : Rise of Kings

Kushan
01-17-2007, 21:37
I have combined v1.1, v1.1a, and v1.2 into one file.

Download Links (v1.2 Full):
File Front (http://files.filefront.com/Rise_of_Kings_v12_Fullzip/;6558718;;/fileinfo.html)

Will have the mirrors up either later tonight or tomorrow.

INSTALLATION:
Before installing make sure your MTWII directory is NOT unpacked.

Install by unzipping the contents of "Rise of Kings v1.2 Full" into your main Medieval Total War II directory. If you installed it in the default directory it will look like. C://Program Files/SEGA/Medieval II Total War.

After you are done installing run Rise of Kings.bat to play.

Enjoy

CHANGE LOG:
v1.2 (Patch)
- Updated Darth Mod to v1.2 with Darth Mod Open Source 01-12-07
- Updated Ultimate AI to v1.0
- Updated Titles, Civil War, Princesses, Privy Council to v1.7
- Updated Orientis's Vices and Virtues to v1.2

v1.1a (Patch):
- Updated Ultimate AI to v0.7 (replaced SW diplomacy for more consistency)
- Updated Titles, Bishops, Princesses, Privy Council to v1.4
- Updated Orientis's Vices & Virtues to v1.1
- Updated DarthMod MTWII to v1.1 (includes Darthmod open source, replaces DariusEGs Battle Mechanics)
- Added Lands to Conquer Settlement Mechanics
- Added Sky + Blood Mod v1.0
- Added fixed expanded.txt (Anno Domini)
- Added parts of mel26s EDB.txt

v1.1:
- Updated Anno Domino to v0.9.1
- Updated Shaba Wangy's Diplomacy to v1.5 Beta (Diplomacy AI)
- Updated Titles, Bishops, Princesses, Privy Council to v1.3
- Updated DariusEGs Battle Mechanics to v0.8
- Added Ultimate AI v0.6 (Campaign AI)
- Added MTWII Eras and General Mod
- Added Tyrian Purple Byzantine Reskin
- Added Vices and Virtues Fixes v1.0 (Character traits only, not ancillaries)
- Removed 2H Animation Fix (This was fixed by Darth Vader in his mod)
- Removed LTC files (EDU, EDB, and campaign script)

v1.0
- Added Anno Domini v0.9 Light
- Added Shaba Wangy's Diplomacy Mod v1.4
- Added DariusEGs Battle Mechanics v0.7
- Added Titles, Bishops, Princesses, Privy Council v1.2a
- Added DarthMod MTWII v1.0 Light
- Added Lands to Conquer export_desrc_unit, exprt_desrc_building, and campaign script
- Added 2H Axe Unit Animation Fix
- Added Ballista/Cannon Tower Fix

Known Issues
- By my own stupidity I accidentally overwrote the EDU from v1.1 without adding recruitable generals back in. That is why the aren't recruitable in v1.1a and v1.2. This will be fixed in v2.0.

CREDITS:
- Like to thanks the folloing people for their mods:
- Re Berengario I (Anno Dimini)
- Shaba Wangy (Diplomacy)
- DariusEG (Combat Mechanics)
- Dearmad (Titles)
- Darth vader (DarthMod)
- Lusted (Land to Conquer)
- Zxiang1983 (Bug Fixes)
- Zephrelial (Era and Generals)
- GrandViZ (Ultimate AI)
- Orientiss (Vices and Virtues)
- The_Mango55 (Byzantine Reskin)
- ER for his guide on MTWII modding and how to get mod switch to work
- Everbody on the TWC and totalwar.org forums for their support
- File Front and File Planet for file hosting
- The Creative Assembly and SEGA for creating such an awesome game

COPYRIGHT:
- © 2006 The Creative Assembly Limited. Total War, Medieval II: Total
War and the Total War logo are trade marks or registered trade marks
of The Creative Assembly Limited in the United Kingdom and/or other
countries. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
SEGA and the SEGA logo are either trade marks or registered trade marks
of SEGA Corporation. All rights reserved.
- The mods included are the work of their original creators, I only take credit for combining them so they will work together, and my own personal changes to their files.
- This mod is provided as is, I will not be reponsible for any damage installing or playing this mod may cause. If you encounter a bug, please visit the Rise of Kings subforum at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=300, to report it. I will do my best to find a solution or solve it in the next version of the mod.

Kushan

Kushan
01-17-2007, 21:37
I will be continually updating this post with information on v2.0. If anyone has any suggestions, comments, etc please post them here.

Start: 1087
End: 1520

I've finished the Northern European and Spanish unit list, although I still may make a few minor changes. I'm not gonna be uploading at the moment because its in a very confusing spreadsheet.

Eras are have been reimplemented to a point there, but not in the 3 that previously existed. Instead of 3 eras, I will be using events to unlock units as the historically appeared.

Northern European: Units are based around decently trained levy units recruited from castles, and poorly trained militia from cities. Battles between powers will be slugging matches, with correctly timed cavalry charges.

Spanish: Early Spanish units are based around cheap fast moving cavalry and light infantry units, with mercenary/regional Auxiliaries. Towards 1100 the begin to look like NE armies, while maintaining light, fast moving armies.

Eastern Europe: Haven't Finished them yet.

Turks/Egypt/Moorish: Fast moving cavalry/horse archers, with light infantry support. Bonus fighting in desert conditions (if possible), while suffering fighting in forest/wooded/urban environments.

Am finishing units now, but though I'd update the post. I've also started actually modding v2.0, implementing units/building changes.

v2.0 To Do List:
- Remove Aztecs (Waiting for AD v0.9.2)
- Implement new units (using Darths mod for stats)
- Implement new building cost/construction time, etc
- Update Ultimate AI to v1.0 (or higher if a new version is released before v2.0 is ready.)
- Add Heraldry mod v2.0 (Waiting on AD v0.9.2)
- *MAYBE* Add new faction

I am doing everything that isn't related to the map, waiting for AD v0.9.2. If AD isn't released within the next week/week and a half I will use the old version of AD then update for v2.1.

Kushan

Update 1 (010306): Updated post to include high era units.
Update 2 (010706): Updated units.
Update 3 (011006): Updated units...again. General description of units available, on a regional basis.
Update 4 (011106): Updated to include v2.0 To Do list.

Cos3
01-19-2007, 16:29
Any idea why in my game the A.I is so passive? I'm using the fully patched version, only other mod being my own changes to descr_units.

The A.I is almost completely passive towards me, other than a few declarations of war, which wern't followed up with any fighting on land or sea. When I siege an enemy city, they eventually give up by moving thier entire force out of the city, automatically giving me ownership. Even with a stack of reinforcements outside the city, they still do not fight.

I left a stack of 3 units inside enemy territory after a crusade ended (I forgot about the crusader stack), which were ignored by entire stacks of enemy that were stationed beside them.

I've stopped playing...

I'm playing hard campaign, very hard battles.

How do I fix this?

Kushan
01-19-2007, 19:44
Any idea why in my game the A.I is so passive? I'm using the fully patched version, only other mod being my own changes to descr_units.

The A.I is almost completely passive towards me, other than a few declarations of war, which wern't followed up with any fighting on land or sea. When I siege an enemy city, they eventually give up by moving thier entire force out of the city, automatically giving me ownership. Even with a stack of reinforcements outside the city, they still do not fight.

I left a stack of 3 units inside enemy territory after a crusade ended (I forgot about the crusader stack), which were ignored by entire stacks of enemy that were stationed beside them.

I've stopped playing...

I'm playing hard campaign, very hard battles.

How do I fix this?

Its a bug in Ultimate AI v1.0, I believe it was fixed in v1.1, which will be included in v2.0.

Kushan