PDA

View Full Version : Saka Guide

Wolfman
01-20-2007, 08:48
:help: Does anybody know of a guide to playing this faction. I really Like them
but I keep loosing money. And by the time I capture my first settlement I can't train any troops because I'm in the red. Some Help would be useful.
Thank You:beam:
Wolfman25

Teleklos Archelaou
01-20-2007, 17:11
They're still so unfinished that we don't have a guide for them yet. The first thing to do though is make sure you capture bin-kath, then get trade rights with Baktria. Disband any units you aren't using - like the one in your capital city, just leaving the general. Then I'd think about trying to take Gava Saka quickly too if you can get some fast units up there to help your other guy. You'll go through turns much more quickly though.

It's hard to play them now without a little supplemental income coming your way too, so either send a diplomat out to sell your map, or something like that. Use your generals' units a lot, over and over too, in battles. Hit and run. Take them out a little each time. They won't get tired of sitting in enemy provinces like the settled factions.

Wolfman
01-20-2007, 23:34
Thank you for the help I've been doing much better in my saka campaign. And thanks to all the rest of the wonderful people working on EB. Keep up the good work:bow: ~:thumb:

Cadwalader
01-21-2007, 13:53
In my campaign, Pahlava just walked straight over Baktrian territory with a large army, and took Bin-Kath. :dizzy2:

Was a bit cool, but the campaign went to hell. :yes:

Teleklos Archelaou
01-21-2007, 19:34
It's the closest rebel city that looks "takeable" from the Parthian perspective. They do it a lot in 0.80. We are giving them more spies for 0.80 in Seleucid provinces, so we hope that they will take more of an interest there - but they don't start at war, so it's hard to make them stay around there.

Zenith Darksea
01-23-2007, 17:03
Will the Saka Rauka be more complete in 0.81? For example, will their recruitment be fixed (in 0.8 they can only train Saka nobles, for some reason)? Will they have any new units at all?

Fondor_Yards
01-23-2007, 23:49
Will the Saka Rauka be more complete in 0.81? For example, will their recruitment be fixed (in 0.8 they can only train Saka nobles, for some reason)? Will they have any new units at all?

I can train light ha, and cataphracts in my starting towns and other steppe towns. And you get a ton of cool other units if you go south. The team said they will be fixing their recruitment and other problems with the Saka for .81, so cross your fingers and hope for the best. They are going to have a new infantry unit, but not in .81, probably .9.

Mamba
01-24-2007, 05:24
One thing I noticed about battles right off the bat was the fact that they seemed to play very similarly to the Armenians and Scythians in that their base of power is almost solely cavalry (indirect cavalry, at that). This implies to me that they'd work better in battles in an unconstrained environment as opposed to sieging cities.

A tip: if you run out of missiles, withdraw and try again in a few days. That's what I had to do to capture Bin-Kath. I managed to slow the rate of decline of my economy somewhat by raising taxes and disbanding all my armies other than that one.

Teleklos Archelaou
01-24-2007, 05:36
It's better (saka recruitment), but it's not totally fixed for sure - since some of the guys are still working on HA costs, and some units aren't done. I think Kull gave them a cheaper horse archer unit as a stand in till some of their other ones get finished.