PDA

View Full Version : full plate dismounted knights outmarching halberdiers huh

pike master
01-20-2007, 09:02
the reason why i posted on the tournament forum is because for single player you can just mod it but if you want to play multiplayer you have to wait on ca.

anyways why do the halberdiers walk so slow even with spearwall off?they wear little to no armor theres no reason why the should walk so slowly it makes an otherwise good unit worthless.i havnt heard this mentioned as a bug but surely i am not the only one disappointed about this.

it would be nice if all infantry units marched at the same speed. dont see why they shouldnt. it would make whole formation moving go a lot smoother.

:wall:

RTKBarrett
01-20-2007, 14:24
the reason why i posted on the tournament forum is because for single player you can just mod it but if you want to play multiplayer you have to wait on ca.

anyways why do the halberdiers walk so slow even with spearwall off?they wear little to no armor theres no reason why the should walk so slowly it makes an otherwise good unit worthless.i havnt heard this mentioned as a bug but surely i am not the only one disappointed about this.

it would be nice if all infantry units marched at the same speed. dont see why they shouldnt. it would make whole formation moving go a lot smoother.

:wall:

Some inf are carrying more weight than others... some have large double handed weapons that require a steady base and this has been replicated through slower movement...
In pike formations they should be slow as the unit is dependant on staying as one, the more professional troops should be able to form up better and more effectively than say a levy/militia version.
The game in multiplayer is all about movement and out manouvering ure opponent, if u see ure opponent has many pikes then it is up to u to circle him until u have affected the solidity of their origional formation.
I personally think unit speeds are pretty gd in m2tw although i would question light cavalry.

pike master
01-20-2007, 16:17
if thats true then dismounted knights should be walking even slower. as it stands dismounted knights even though they wear heavy plate will not fatigue as easy as lighter units and will recover from fatigue easier than other units.

if the halberd is the only weapon these guys have then they shouldnt have to be walking very slow. remember im talking about being out of spear wall. jannisary heavy infantry and transylvania peasants both use halberds but they walk at normal speed. i know its probably not done by accident but i hope ca will change this. but peasonally in spearwall i think they are moving to slow. these are shock troops not hood ornaments. even in single player you have to wait forever if you march them up somewhere and then usually the battle is already over with before they even get to enter the fray. you have to order them to run everywhere just to keep them up with other units and they fatigue faster than any other unit.

i guess i just wanted to bring the issue up to see what others thought so i would like to hear a few more opinions. what do you guys think?

Censor
01-21-2007, 05:59
Too slow to be frank. And alt-click doesn't work for me online, so i have these halberdiers bringing up the rear-e.g. useless.