PDA

View Full Version : Triggering events in an ongoing campaign

hrvojej
01-22-2007, 02:49
Is there a way to trigger a historic event in an ongoing campaign? I fiddled with the descr_events file to match a 0.5 timescale before starting a new campaign, but I forgot to paste it later, and now all the important events will trigger way too late for the game I have in progress. However, I would like to know whether it's possible to trigger e.g. the Mongols and gunpowder without restarting, as I'd really like to continue this campaign. I tried using historic_event command line in the console, but either I'm doing something wrong or it's not working right. If someone knows how to do this, could you please post working examples on how to do this for Mongol invasion and gunpowder events - I can live without the other ones...

Many thanks in advance!

ps.
The command line I was using in the console looked something like this:

historic_event first_windmill

but this doesn't seem to work, I get an error in the console for command not being recognized...

alpaca
01-22-2007, 12:28
Moved to modding questions.

As to your question: Well it probably won't work, but you may try changing data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_events.txt - don't get your hopes up though, it probably won't be save-game compatible.

Re Berengario I
01-22-2007, 14:53
ps.
The command line I was using in the console looked something like this:

historic_event first_windmill

but this doesn't seem to work, I get an error in the console for command not being recognized...

Unfortunately most of the console commands work just inside a script. And the script is saved into the savegame. This means you have to restart a campaign for having new or modified events to work BUT if you just modified the timescale to 2 turns for year for example events will fire in the right year anyway as they're coded to work in years and not in turns.

hrvojej
01-31-2007, 00:43
I haven't had time to play (or post) lately, but thanks for the answers. I guess I'll have to abandon that campaign after all, as I don't feel like waiting for 240 turns to see the Mongols.

Cheers,