PDA

View Full Version : getting textures and unit_info stuff

Clux Deluxe
01-23-2007, 00:27
Hi just want to add new units to the game, very similar to what I did in rtw. I was wondering where exactly the texture files, the unit info/card stuff, and this models.db (i forgot exactly what it was called) was, because it seems like it will take FOREVER for my unpacker to unpack everything. Thanks ahead of time.

Clux Deluxe
01-25-2007, 22:40
Okay so I read in the readme it IS possible to unpack individual files (or groups of files whatev) but Im not a technical genius and I don't really understand what it means to enter a "command prompt" or any of the other mumbo-jumbo that comes after that. Can someone explain this to me? Thanks.

KnightErrant
01-25-2007, 23:07
Command prompt is what used to be called a DOS box.
Click on your start button, go to programs, mouse over to
accessories and under that should be a DOS box icon
labeled Command Prompt. Click on it and a Dos box will
come up, probably defaulting to your root directory c:\.
Looking at your games directory in explorer should show you
the path you need. Just do a bunch of cd directory_name
commands until you get to your tools\unpacker\ directory.
You can then unpack individual files or groups of files (like
all the *.txt files) by following the instructions in the readme.

Best of luck.~:)

ezekiel6
01-26-2007, 00:48
Unpacking individual stuff doesn't have to be done with the command prompt though. I would suggest using the list_contents.bat to find out what is in each pack. If you right click on it you can choose Edit then it can be edited with notepad. You should normally see this; unpacker.exe --source=..\..\packs\*.pack --destination=pack_contents.txt --verbosity=1 --mode=1 If you change the * to data_1 or 2 it will only show the contents of those packs, you'll have to change the name of the destination.txt to match though.
By looking through it and finding the files that you want, you can edit the unpack_all.bat so it only exports certain files, this for example gives you the Scottish Diplomat texture in a backup folder unpacker.exe --source=..\..\packs\data_1.pack --destination=..\..\backup --filter="ambasador_scotland.tga.dds" --verbosity=1

It's the --filter that tells you what file to unpack, hope this helps...