PDA

View Full Version : Imjin Total War

Hospitaller_Order
01-24-2007, 08:04
As the title states. I am in the planning stage for a new mod for RTW. It will be called.........Imjin Total War!........

This mod will take place in the 16 century. Roughly between 1592-1598, it is based on the Japanese Invasion Of Korea known as the 7 years war. And about Yi Sun Shin. Currently it is in planning and early developing stages. I am currently doing research on armor and weapons and have some rough drawings of units and models i hope to use in this mod. If any wish to help (Mostly with adding new units, skinning, modeling). that would be great.

Features:

Factions:

Japan
Clans- Shimazu, Yasuharu, Kiyomasa, Yukinuga (I based these of the names of the japanese generals)

Korea
-Right Kyungsang Navy, Left Kyungsang Navy, Right Cholla Navy, Left Cholla Navy, Royal Guard.

China
- Ming Navy
-Ming Army

Key Generals: (Incomplete)

Japan
-Konoshi Yukinuga
-Kato Kiyomasa
-Wakizaka Yasuharu
-Wakizaka Yoshuzuma
-Mori Terumoto
-Ukita Hidei

Korea
-Yi Sun Shin - bonus to all troops nearby
-Kwon Yul
-Yi Eik Oi
-Pae Sol
-Yi Ii
-Won Kyun

China
-Li Rusong
-Li Rubai
-Ma Gui
-Chen lin

Units (incomplete)

Japan
-Musketeers
.Poor Morale, Long Range, high attack, slow reload time, weak defense
-Yari Samurai
.loses moral against enemy archers, good attack, good morale, bonus attack against calvary
-Yari Ashigaru
.poor morale, cheap and plentiful, bonus when fighting calvary
-Cannons (Light, Heavy)
.high attack, vulnerable to calvary, slow reload times.

Korea
-Naval Archers
.Can hide, bonus moral and attack against Yari Ashigaru/Samurai, weak defense
-Guerilla Archers
.Can hide, good morale, shoot fire arrows
-Korean Royal Archers
.Excellent accuracy, high morale, weak defense, good attack,, can shoot fire arrows
-Turtle Ship (Kobukson)
.excellent morale, bonus when fighting enemy ships, high attack, fast rate of fire, slow reload times, defense bonus against enemy ships, medium speed.
-Brigadine Spearmen
.poor morale, excellent anti calvary
-Dang-Pa Chang (Specialized Spearman)
.excellent morale, excells against calvary, vulnerable to archer and musket fire, good defense, good attack
.poor morale, good against calvary, can hide
-Pankesons (Ships)
.good morale, weak against high end japanese ships, poor attack, fast reload times
-Hwachas (Similar To Chinese Fire Arrows)
.slow rate of fire, high damage, poor morale, vulnerable when not protected

China
-Ji Spearmen
.excellent anti calvary, medium attack, good defense, good morale, vulnerable to enemy missiles
-Pudao Calvary
.poor morale, fast, charge bonus against yari ashigaru's
-Chinese Fire Arrows-see Hwacha's
-Lancers (Heavy, Light)
.good morale, bonus attack when charging from behind or flanking enemy, vulnerable to spearmen and musketeers.

thread will be updated and more info soon....so thanks for looking and stay tuned@!:2thumbsup:

reference pics, will add more....

Hwacha
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Hwacha2.jpg

Ji (Spear/Halberd)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Halberds.jpg

arquebus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Tempo-p1000697.jpg

Korean Infantry armor base
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/13/Korean_Infantry.JPG

Hospitaller_Order
01-24-2007, 08:11
Map

The map is primarily gonna be situated on the korean pinninsula, and a little bit of china, japan, mostly tsushima, and jeju island.

I plan to also add a history feature where you can learn a little of the history behind the mod. more great stuff to come soon!

Turns:

will be limited to 2 turns for 80 years..still working out the kinks on that though...will get back to you on that.

Caius
01-24-2007, 22:03
Good luck!

wlesmana
01-25-2007, 06:37
If you get permission from Hoggy to use his Chinese and Japanese models from Blue Lotus, I'd say your mod's models are 3/4 done.

Hospitaller_Order
01-25-2007, 06:41
Thanks for the tip. I'll ask him...though this is still in its very early stage.....i have a map drawn out and have photoshop so i might mess around with that this weekend and give you guys an update.

Helgi
01-25-2007, 19:11
check out "Ran No Jidai" as far as their Japanese unit's , they're the best japanese models out, that I've seen. If you like what you see, then sweet.
:toff:

Hospitaller_Order
02-19-2007, 23:00
Sorry for the long absence. i unfortunately don't have the time to work on this mod yet....i plan to begin rough stages during spring break. and i have recieved permission from Hoggy at Blue Lotus to borrow his models which he will recieve notice and full credit. i hope to be running up soon! thanks for looking and hope you all look forward to a good mod soon....:2thumbsup: