PDA

View Full Version : Putin's wife the leader of russian opposition ?

cegorach
01-27-2007, 09:26
No they are not separated, not divorced and seem to be quite a happy marriage so what is all about ?

In RF there is a new 'tradition' of founding puppet parties to attract new voters ( e.g. racist 'Radina' in the last elections) to support the same government, but also to weaken possible opposition here and there.

Currently Putin's 'One Russia' and its puppets have the majority, but because the Kremlin tries to attract left-wing voters they found 'Just Russia'.

One of the new leaders of this 'party' is Ludmila Putin, who will join another family member there Igor Putin (cousin).

This way the Russian voter will e given the real freedom of choice - you can vote for Putin's One Russia or Putin's Just Russia - the real democracy in action !

And let noone speak about HR, freedom of speech etc and how it will simplify the negotiations between the government and the opposition ! Afer all they can 'negotiate' during a dinner or in bed...:inquisitive:

And let noone speak that Russia is one-party state - after all there are 2 main parties already just like in the USA... errr.:juggle2:

KrooK
01-27-2007, 12:10
Gah but imagine how big influences can have this new party. :2thumbsup:
"Vladimir Vladimirovich - if you not agree on this project - no sex for a month!!!"

sapi
01-27-2007, 12:11
/shrugs

If you control both parties it makes for an easy re-election

Kralizec
01-27-2007, 19:38
On the plus side, if the entire parliament consists of Putins family it's unlikely that he'll try to kill opposition leaders.

Xiahou
01-27-2007, 20:33
On the plus side, if the entire parliament consists of Putins family it's unlikely that he'll try to kill opposition leaders.
Mainly because there wouldnt be opposition. :laugh4:

IrishArmenian
01-27-2007, 21:09
Thank God we're out of the Soviet Union, although they did give us two things: Vodka (which is like water here) and Weapons. Ha! Except the French brought Cognac, which we also make a lot of. Hmmm...

Kralizec
01-27-2007, 22:51
Mainly because there wouldnt be opposition. :laugh4:

Putin is formally not affiliated with 'One Russia'. He claims that they're just the most regular (read: unwavering) supporters of his policy. I expect that if this 'Just Russia' party ever gains control of the Doema, Putin will stay but under a different mandate, since neither party would question his entitlement to lead.

rory_20_uk
01-28-2007, 00:26
As I don't live in a utopia where there is a free democracy where parties stand on principles and not on media clips I feel I can't really criticise the Russian way of stifling Democracy.

Here we have 2 almost identical parties who appear to spend their time nicking each other's policies, coming up with new gimmics and explaining why due to some reason or other they can't keep any election pledges.

Democracy is a great way to talk about why nothing is getting done.

~:smoking:

Ironside
01-28-2007, 11:23

Isn't the most common murderer the spouse?...