PDA

View Full Version : Strategy Maker Thread

pevergreen
01-27-2007, 10:40
Based on many-a-thread ive seen over the years, this is to be my strategy thread.

How it works:

You post what you want a strategy for. Should include:

1. Faction(s) you will use
2. If it is to be against one type of army/faction or balanced.
3. Your prefered playing style.
4. If history has any influence
5. Your relative skill level (no point making a hard to do strat if you cant pull it off)

Every strategy made will be spoil tagged in the first post, with whoever made it, asked for it, and details (type of playing style suited for, skill level recommended etc)

Thats right, post here, and get the wisdom of the org MP community (yeah its not just me, anyone can post what they think will work, its better that way)

Just my way of making it fun.

:bow:

ElmarkOFear
01-27-2007, 10:59
Sounds like a good idea. Well done.

TosaInu
01-27-2007, 12:26
This board uses thread pre-fixes, you can see them in the Citadel and Throne Room, but all forums can offer them. Tailored to the forums need too. There's no proper room atm to have huge desciptions, yet it allows to make a few categories. These are pre-defined and available from a selection menu when creating the topic. It's thus systematic, the nicest feature is that this allows to sort the topicview by category (makes it easier to retrieve discussions).

Stig
01-27-2007, 12:43
Nice idea Pevergreen BUT I suggest a new thread for a new strategy.
Now I will post one, Elmo will reply. And then Barrett posts one, after which I reply to Elmo's reply on my strategy, after which Elmo replies to Barrett and me, and I again only to Elmo and Barrett only to Elmo, which makes sure things are becoming complicated

ElmarkOFear
01-27-2007, 13:37
Might be better to have everyone label the strategy either as a description (English Cav Rush Army) or by the player's name (Elmo's Routing Russian Army). Then there would be a reference. It would probably be good to have a thread for each army/strategy named. Or as Stig says, things might get a bit complicated as a single thread gets more and more added to it.

RTKBarrett
01-27-2007, 14:58
There should be a singular thread for each topic of discussion/strat... making it easy to find.

pevergreen
01-28-2007, 06:06
Agreed

Darkarbiter
01-28-2007, 06:42
I should also add
-How hard is it to do the strategy properly
-Bad points about strategy (easy to counter?)
-Good points about strategy (hard to counter?)

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
01-29-2007, 22:05
Based on many-a-thread ive seen over the years, this is to be my strategy thread.

How it works:

You post what you want a strategy for. Should include:

1. Faction(s) you will use
2. If it is to be against one type of army/faction or balanced.
3. Your prefered playing style.
4. If history has any influence
5. Your relative skill level (no point making a hard to do strat if you cant pull it off)

Every strategy made will be spoil tagged in the first post, with whoever made it, asked for it, and details (type of playing style suited for, skill level recommended etc)

Thats right, post here, and get the wisdom of the org MP community (yeah its not just me, anyone can post what they think will work, its better that way)

Just my way of making it fun.

:bow:

Hey Mr.Green,

didn't know you did MP :2thumbsup: :yes:

I think posting Replays and Tourny replays (if argeed upon by both parties) could be beneticiflcal also.