PDA

View Full Version : Any Sabaean strategies?

PseRamesses
01-27-2007, 13:48
Haven´t got around to playing them yet due to work. Besides conquering the obvious Arabian Peninsula what strategies have you applied? How about their units?

Mamba
01-28-2007, 07:58
Not sure, but from the impression I got after playing for a few turns they are very incomplete. They're the brand new faction, though, so that makes sense. Personally I think I'll wait until .81 or .82 to play them, when they're more fleshed out.

Vorian
01-28-2007, 14:35
I have played a little with them, about 15 years. The trick is to go quickly against those cities near you and conquer as much as you can before the Ptolies or the Selucs come too close. And have a lot of spies in the desert.
When facing the hellenistic kingdoms, just do it like an Arab, ambush style. Let them exhaust themselves in the desert and then come and crush the slow moving phalanxes. You may need two or three battles but eventually you will destroy even a full stack.

And beware of heavy cavalry. That's all but I haven;t played a lot plus they are too unfinished, too few units.

Constantine the Great
02-01-2007, 04:57
Try to get your economy stabilized by for going into Africa. Conquering and holding Axum and Meroe can drain your coffers.