PDA

View Full Version : Karthadast strategy

ywingpilot
01-28-2007, 03:02
I know alot people play Karthadast and I just wanted a place where people could share battle and campaign strategies. ~:) I have just finished a short campaign M/M, they are always my favorite faction because of ther flexible armies

Teleklos Archelaou
01-28-2007, 04:45
Type4 govts are the best in eastern Sicily and Italy it seems. I've just been finding this out. :grin:

Fondor_Yards
01-28-2007, 06:29
Build type 4's in a couple of the iberian troops, so you can max out the local mic *need level 4 iirc* so you can get Loricati Scutari. You don't have to, since Dorkei Hatkafa Ibeerim are better, but I like to have different types of units in my armies. What I nomally try to do is take sicily, then take the rest of west africa. After that I sail north, and take Spain. Then I either invade south italy, gaul, or both. Of course, I have to send at least 1 army through the alps to attack rome.

ywingpilot
01-28-2007, 14:49
3 tips:

1. The Carthaginian Citizen Cavalry is very good and has a STRONG charge, its better than anything Rome will throw at you

2. Libyan Heavy Spearmen will stand against their Roman counterparts

3. Liby-Phoenician Infantry is a quality phalanx infantry, trust it

:2thumbsup:

Conqueror
01-28-2007, 19:50
The Liby-Phoenicians are a very good choise for the core of your armies. They are reasonably cheap so you can get a good number of them, yet tough enough (in frontal engangements with guard mode on) to hold their ground against tough elite units. They'd lose in the long run of corse, but they should last long enough that you can use other units to outflank & destroy the enemy. For the flanks of your army you'll need something tougher, such as Elite Africans (only available from highlevel barracks though) or Iberians (forgot the name of the good unit). Complement your infantry with some merc missile units and some good cavalry and you'll be doing very well.

As for early game strategy, grab all the cities on Sicily and the western African coast as soon as you can. Build and upgrade mines and ports. Send some spies east to keep an eye on the Ptolemies - if they are beating the Seleukids they will become a massive threat to you in late game. Once you have solid control over Sicily and North Africa, you're well set to begin expanding in pretty much any direction you please.

Orb
01-28-2007, 20:35
Take Sicily early, don't expand further in the east (even to a rebel Rhegion) or you'll run into the Romans and Epeirotes.

Add mines to Karali, take the African coast west of you to add to your mining income, upgrade the mines at Mastia in particular. Fortify your Iberian holdings, they aren't under serious threat but you never know when those stone walls will come in handy. Build troop production facilities in Sicily (I'm experimenting with government types ATM) as they will be vital to any real defence.

Now: soldiers

Dorkim Lubim-Ponnim *word forgotten* Liby-Phoenician infantry are classy. Use them and the Libyan spearmen to overrun the rebel settlements of Numidia and Massilia, particularly against the Africans.

The Libyan Spearmen are useful but do not really stand up to Romans in my experience. Try to seek an advantage if you mean to fight infantry with them.

Akontistai and Peltastai mercs can be very helpful in filling a weakness in the armies you have in Sicily once/if you lose your Iberians there.

Your cavalry are good, but I've never really found a need for them (beyond the general).