PDA

View Full Version : Questions

axel
01-28-2007, 10:44
Hi all
i got a fue Questions i got 5 MTW modded on my PC and last cople of times if i finished playing and stop the game i get a error message from windows saying:

Demo shield runtime player
and then it tells me put a cd rom in it, It looks like the game is still playing and i cant stop it so i put the disk in it again and and i must stop it with the unmodded MTW ??? dose somme body else got theis problem????

Pericles
01-30-2007, 22:53
Hi axel:

Hmmm... I've never had the problem, but I noticed on other sites that many people do have it (playing other games).

The general advice I have seen given is this:

DemoShield Runtime? Sounds like a problem with the installer.

Try this (if you haven't already) - Uninstall the game, delete the folder that the Uninstaller leaves behind, reboot, reinstall the game, and apply the patches. That should fix you up.

If you do uninstall the game delete the entire old folder that is left behind so that you can have a clean install of the game.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

axel
01-31-2007, 22:37
Hi Pericles,
thx mate but i think its the autorun mate, if i shut autorun of then i dont think i got this problem but i am still testing this so ill keep this one in mind as well, thank you mate :2thumbsup:

Pericles
02-01-2007, 04:18
Hi Pericles,
thx mate but i think its the autorun mate, if i shut autorun of then i dont think i got this problem but i am still testing this so ill keep this one in mind as well, thank you mate :2thumbsup:

OK, axel - hope things get cleared up.