PDA

View Full Version : Using GameServers other than gs

CoachAub
01-28-2007, 20:29
Can anyone give me more information regarding using game servers besides Gamespy for multiplayer gaming? In the lobby, I was discussing this with a Hunter Clan member. They are using one, I think it is called Ventrillo, or something. (I should have written it down.) He and others apparently use this other game server.
My question is: How do you log-on from the game? It seems like Gamespy is the only route from within the game. I've looked at a few game server rental places online and did not find one that hosts MTW II.

Stig
01-28-2007, 20:33
There's something like a Hamachi server ... look down this forum to find more info about it.
But all the changes you have to make are too much for me, GS works fine, only small problems, I'm not going to do some difficult changes for something I don't fully trust

Ventrilo is a kind of Team Speak btw

Monarch
01-28-2007, 23:29
Ventrilo is a kind of Team Speak btw

Just to clarify...and teamspeak is a voice communication software that allows you to talk with microphones to each other :2thumbsup:

Darkarbiter
01-29-2007, 01:21
Just to clarify...and teamspeak is a voice communication software that allows you to talk with microphones to each other :2thumbsup:
Also allows text (though lol dont type in teamspeak). Ventrillo and Teamspeak are basicly the same thing. They arent a game server though.

Stig
01-29-2007, 08:34
Isn't the difference that you now have to pay for Ventrilo?
And I think Teamspeak is more clear and obvious

7Bear7Bottom
01-29-2007, 10:19
Ventrilo is free. Where as Team Speak your using a server from the web not your own. Ventrilo lets you serve your own server or an off web server.

sapi
01-30-2007, 08:52
Back on topic:

Hamachi is virtual lan software that allows you to play someone on the other side of the world as if they were connected to your lan.

It's not much good for anything but organised matches though, as it obviously doesn't have a lobby sevice or widespread penetration.

If you do decide to use it we can assist with the configuration.

CoachAub
02-02-2007, 00:45
Thank you for the information. That cleared up a lot for me. :)