PDA

View Full Version : Roman Triumph (relaxing the standards)

Velvet Elvis
01-29-2007, 19:07
I've found getting a roman triumph a little difficult, so I'm attempting to relax the requirement a bit. The Imperator, to be spacific. I'm new @ this so please keep that in mind. Here is what I've found in the 'export_descr_charactor_traits.txt' file:

------------------------------------------
;Trigger: Imperator_granted_PostBattle_Defender_normal_UnitSize
; o <Imperator> 1 Chance 100
; o <Triumphator> 1 Chance 100

Trigger Imperator_granted_PostBattle_Defender_normal_UnitSize
WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
and WonBattle
and not WasAttacker
and FactionType seleucid
and Trait UnitSize = 2
; and NumEnemiesInBattle > 500
and NumFriendsInBattle > 500
and BattleOdds > 0.7
and PercentageEnemyKilled > 30
and Trait BattlePoints > 3
and Trait Imperator < 1

Affects Imperator 1 Chance 100
Affects Triumphator 1 Chance 100

I realize I'll need to make changes to all unit sizes (I play on normal) and for both attacker and defender.

What is with he 'FactionType seleucid' and 'Triat UnitSize = 2'?

If I had to guess, changing 'NumFriendsInBattle > 500' to say > 250 would have my disired effect. I'm just looking to make the Imperator trait a little more common. But not too common! So far, I've yet to find an enemy stack > 500 vs my stack > 500 that will give me 0.7 odds or worse. They build too many damn militia! I'll try this out when I get home tonight. Thoughts?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
01-29-2007, 21:48
What is with he 'FactionType seleucid' and 'Triat UnitSize = 2'?

The single roman faction is actually the "seleucid" vanilla faction. romans_julii = Arche Seleukia, numidia = Ptoleamic, romans_brutii = Baktria, egypt = Kart Hadast, et cetera.

The easiest way to make this easier to acquire would be to change the battle odds entry.

Velvet Elvis
01-30-2007, 00:30
I'll give that a try... thx!

Dooz
03-01-2007, 11:18
How does the battle odds part work? The higher the number, the higher the odds against you? To make it easier, would making it say 0.5 be better?

Cataphract_Of_The_City
03-02-2007, 02:38
You can try fighting larger armies. In 0.8 with my standard consular army of 572 men (normal size) I was fighting full rebel celtic armies of 1100 men. And my major grudge is that I just couldn't get a command star after all those battles. That's something you should relax.

L.C.Cinna
03-10-2007, 21:13
How does the battle odds part work? The higher the number, the higher the odds against you? To make it easier, would making it say 0.5 be better?

Does someone know the answer to this? I'd like to change this as well. Played 4 Roman campaigns since 0.74 and NEVER got a triumph no matter how many heroic victories I gathered with one general and no matter how bad the odds were.

btw there seems to be something wrong with the calculation of battle odds imho. The enemy has a full stack with 2 generals and 6 naked fanatics, rest batavii against my poor hastati and few mercs and the thing tells me that battle is EVEN?!?!?! lol

Kugutsu
03-10-2007, 23:40
I agree, triumphs are too hard to get. I have one general, he conquered all of gaul (wiped out both sets), half of germany, went on a rampage round the rest of germany razing their cities, and has won about 100 battles throughout his career. He was an exterminator, destroyer, conqueror, popular hero, bloody, great tactician, strategic expert, seen the elephant, talented leader, proud veteran, victor galliae and vanquisher of the germans.

He never became an imperator.

I finally ran out of people for him to conquer, and retired him to a city in the alps (he was 49 by now). Within 2 years he was a connesseiur and a drunkard, and his 6 stars have gone down to two...:furious3:

Needless to say this has made me more than a little bit frustrated...:wall:

L.C.Cinna
03-11-2007, 16:02
Nobody knows if I have to lower or raise it?

Jarardo
03-11-2007, 20:09
Nobody knows if I have to lower or raise it?

I'm pretty sure you'd have to raise it.

and Trait UnitSize = 2 reflects the unit size, small = 1, normal 2 etc...

L.C.Cinna
03-12-2007, 17:09
What's a good number to raise it to?

0.7 means odds are slightly against you.so 1.0 would mean even?

but the line says:

and BattleOdds > 0.7

so this would mean odds have to be higher than 0.7 so I guess the higher the more against me and 0.1 would be odds to my advantage :inquisitive:

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
03-12-2007, 18:53
I believe it means where the division of power is on the gadge. 40-60 (in your favor) would be .4. 50-50 would be .5. The .7 seems to mean that it is a 30-70 battle against your odds.

Jarardo
03-13-2007, 20:51
An easy way to envision it would be 7/10, or 70% or worse odds.

And you also have a minumim number of freindlies in the battle, depending on your unit size. If you use big legions a lot, with elite troops, it's going to be hard to get those odds.

I did actually get one for the first time yesterday, it was a defensive battle, and I wasn't expecting it at all.

I guess you could try making it 1.0, if you set it too high, you'll get them all the time.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
03-13-2007, 23:10
Wouldn't 1.0 mean that the only way to get Imperator would be if the battle odds were 1 (enemy) against 0 (you)?

I think a good idea would be to make two entries for Imperator trigger. One would be like the current, though slightly relaxed. The other would be extrememly relaxed but require the general to have 7+ influence. Since generals didn't always get a triumph because of a victory in battle, sometimes it was because they were beloved (either by the senate or the people).

L.C.Cinna
03-14-2007, 11:46
An easy way to envision it would be 7/10, or 70% or worse odds.

And you also have a minumim number of freindlies in the battle, depending on your unit size. If you use big legions a lot, with elite troops, it's going to be hard to get those odds.

I did actually get one for the first time yesterday, it was a defensive battle, and I wasn't expecting it at all.

I guess you could try making it 1.0, if you set it too high, you'll get them all the time.

I tried messing around with it a bit to find out which number actually works but still didn't get a triumph. I tried 1.5 and 0.2 :inquisitive:

I don't want to get them all the time just when it's really deserved. I think EB screws up the count a bit. Yesterday I had a battle where it said odds were 8:7 for me. I had a legion with all units at half size which was returnign from plundering Germanic lands and they were down to -2 morals because of marching for years and stuff. When I started the battle the indicator on the battlescreen told me odds were against me. I mean they had lots of gold chevrons and elite units and stuff.

My top general has the "Victor Galliae", "Conqueror of Carthage" and "Victor Germaniae" trait and won several great battles, 2 of which I really thought I don't stand a chance (for the first time actually in RTW. Thanks EB :) ) and no triumph. As I said I played 5 Romani campaigns now and never got a triumph.no matter how many heroics I get. My Germanicus captured 3 Germanic towns yesterday and eliminated 8.000 Sweboz in one turn (one battle with 5.000something followed by another attack of 3.000 against my 2.000) heroic victory with only 116 Germanics surviving of the 8.000 and no triumph although he has all the traits and stuff. :(

So here is how my line looks now>

Trigger Imperator_granted_PostBattle_Defender_huge_UnitSize
WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
and WonBattle
and not WasAttacker
and FactionType seleucid
and Trait UnitSize = 4
; and NumEnemiesInBattle > 1500
and NumFriendsInBattle > 1500
and BattleOdds > 1.0
and Trait BattlePoints > 3
and Trait Imperator < 1

So I guess this means I have to have MORE than 1.500 of my own troops and enemy has to have MORE than 1.500 as well. I changed odds now to 1.0 to see what happens. What does Trait BattlePoints stand for? and what does the ";" stand for?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
03-14-2007, 22:42
";" means that the following line is not actually read by the program.
The 'enemies in battle' requirement was the cause of the reinforcement CTD and all entries of it have been deactivated.

Jarardo
03-14-2007, 22:59
Did you change it for both attacking and defending? And you can lower the "NumFriendsInBattle" too.

L.C.Cinna
03-15-2007, 01:00
Yes I changed it in both. I still think I have to lower the number though. the original said "and BattleOdds > 0.7". In the original you already had to be outnumbered. So if 0.7 and anything higher gives you the trait I actually have to lower the number to, let's say 0.5 to make it a bit easier to get it. right?

Cataphract_Of_The_City
03-16-2007, 02:48
It is ridiculous...I couldn't even get Imperator by cheating. I have a conqueror of carthago general and I was trying to make him imperator to no avail. So I just let him in Africa until many 1-2 unit stacks gathered around him. 4 of these I think. Then I gave each one of them (by create_unit) a full stack of libyan spearmen (9exp, 3att/def). Battle odds were something like 1:9. I used auto_win and...nothing. Clear victory and no imperator. Unbeliavable.

I think the trait is bugged. Perhaps an EB member can shed some light?

Jarardo
03-16-2007, 06:43
Maybe the battle has to be played out? I got it once, without editing anything, totaly by accident with a defensive battle. I did play out the battle, which happened in between turns(I was attacked) then at the start of the next turn, I had some new traits, like "Imperator" and I had to go to rome for a season to celebrate.

I have tried using the auto_win on battles it should have worked on. And it didn't!

Also I'm not 100% sure the traits file is save game editable.

Blingerman
04-27-2007, 12:10
Maybe the battle has to be played out? I got it once, without editing anything, totaly by accident with a defensive battle. I did play out the battle, which happened in between turns(I was attacked) then at the start of the next turn, I had some new traits, like "Imperator" and I had to go to rome for a season to celebrate.

I have tried using the auto_win on battles it should have worked on. And it didn't!

Also I'm not 100% sure the traits file is save game editable.

I think that it is save game compatible, but i am not sure. I will test new conditions to make it easy.
I will try:
Condition IsGeneral
and WonBattle
and not WasAttacker
and FactionType seleucid
and Trait UnitSize = 4
; and NumEnemiesInBattle > 1500
and NumFriendsInBattle > 1500 If you have to have more than 1500 friends you have to battle at least 2250 enemies
and BattleOdds > 0.6 40% me 60% enemies
; and Trait BattlePoints > 3 I eliminate it because I don&#180;t know what makes It is not command stars as I previously believed (EDITED)
and Trait Imperator < 1

Perhaps a second condition for a 0.5 battle odd should be added but with a Influence > 9

Blingerman
04-27-2007, 12:28
The numfriendsinbattle makes that alone generals in auto_win cannot receive the trait. You have to be a monster against a megamonster to receive the trait.

Jesus_saves
04-29-2007, 22:29
Guys I think somethings up with the code.

Look at these from Vanilla RTW

;------------------------------------------
Trigger V0110_Standard_Risky_Battle_Attacker_Clear_Victory_VnV_Trigger
WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition WasAttacker
and IsGeneral
and WonBattle
and BattleSuccess = crushing
and I_ConflictType Normal
and BattleOdds < 0.5
and BattleOdds > 0.16

Affects GoodRiskyAttacker 1 Chance 100

;------------------------------------------
Trigger V0010_Standard_Battle_Attacker_Crushing_Victory_VnV_Trigger
WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition WasAttacker
and IsGeneral
and WonBattle
and BattleSuccess = crushing
and I_ConflictType Normal
and BattleOdds >= 0.5
and BattleOdds < 1.5

Affects GoodAttacker 2 Chance 100

So dosen't this mean that to get the intended affect you should have BattleOdds < 0.7
and not
BattleOdds > 0.7

Spoofa
05-02-2007, 01:59
what do battlepoints represent?