PDA

View Full Version : logfile

Dionysus9
01-31-2007, 08:18
I was under the impression there is no logfile in M2TW but while poking around I found a file in the \logs directory named: "online_mp_31-01-07_21-41.txt" which appears to be a logfile.

This must be a log of the last battle I played today, so at least there appears to be a log created of the last battle played. Dunno if this is old news or helpful to anyone but thought I'd mention it.

machiavelli69
01-31-2007, 11:35
Adding something up: logfiles for each battle are created for each session on M2, they are kept in the logfile directory until the following time you launch the M2 application. Note: anytime you launch M2 the logfile directory content gets deleted (I do not know whether a way exist to keep them)
Hope it helps

Dionysus9
01-31-2007, 21:29
Ah, that explains it, good thought. Just alt-tab to desktop and then copy it and put it in another directory before you exit M2.

Now we have logfiles!

ElmarkOFear
01-31-2007, 21:33
That is good news. :) Now I can not only lose, but get detailed information on how badly I screwed up! Thanks a lot Dion! :laugh4:

Starcy
02-01-2007, 13:53
May i ask whats included in these logfiles and how these can help? :inquisitive:

Stig
02-01-2007, 14:16
May i ask whats included in these logfiles and how these can help? :inquisitive:
I concur, where the hell do I need them for?

t1master
02-01-2007, 16:12
the log files contain detailed information about all the troops on the field. upgrades, cost, kills, valor gained etc. its a tool to study armys with for the most part.

ElmarkOFear
02-01-2007, 23:05
It helps you tweak your upgrades to greatest effect. Though it was more important in MTW1 than MTW2 since upgrades are more expensive in MTW2 and thus not used to the extent they were in MTW1.

However, it does help you see what your enemy played against you. And for any competitions which have restrictions on units/upgrades the logfile is a vital tool for checking to see that everything was set up correctly.