PDA

View Full Version : Castle/city towers

afp
02-01-2007, 11:18
They seems to be buggy, even my units is only one on the wall, they keep firing decimating it. I tried to pass from one side to another, go down, climb again etc....the flag is still of the enemy and doesnt change.
Also, if I capture it , it doesnt fire.

Is there a mod that fix this, patch, ideea etc?
Can these towers be deactivated?

Foz
02-01-2007, 18:47
They seems to be buggy, even my units is only one on the wall, they keep firing decimating it. I tried to pass from one side to another, go down, climb again etc....the flag is still of the enemy and doesnt change.
Also, if I capture it , it doesnt fire.

Is there a mod that fix this, patch, ideea etc?
Can these towers be deactivated?
As far as we know this is an intentional change in the functionality of towers: any enemy unit within a given radius of the tower makes it active, no matter how many of your troops are there... so enemies on the ground near the base of the tower can keep it active. Currently you have to slaughter everyone in the vicinity to make a tower turn off. Also it seems intentional that the towers do not fire for you as the attacker even when captured, as they are built looking outward and therefore defensive structures of the city.

If you're looking to disable them, you may be able to do so in the export_descr_buildings.txt file (EDB). I imagine tower_level defines the towers for any given set of walls, so if you go through the file and remove all the tower_level entries, the towers should vanish or stop firing. To be safe you should probably also remove tower_level from the tower and castle_tower buildings or towers will work again once tower upgrades are built. In fact you could remove the tower buildings altogether at that point since they would do nothing, and you really don't want the AI to waste time building worthless buildings.

afp
02-01-2007, 23:12
Found something in the meantime:

decr_wall file:

tower
{
full_health 825
control_area_radius 30
manned 1
battle_stats flammability_medium impact_damage_high
localised_name tower

; as in descr_unit.txt
level
{
stat 8, 0, arrow, 120, 10, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, arrow_tower, 10, 1
stat_attr no
shot_sfx TOWER_ARROW_FIRING
fire_angle 90

; unit size reload_ms flaming_reload_ms
fire_rate small 6000 3250
fire_rate normal 6500 3250
fire_rate large 5500 3250
fire_rate huge 4550 3250
}

I guess "control_area_radius" do the trick, setting it to 0 or 1 may avoid the bad behaviour. I need to test this.

I want to avoid such situations, decimating my troops while inside..

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/a2000/TotalWar/towers.jpg