PDA

View Full Version : The Midgard Saga [Concluded]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sigurd
02-01-2007, 12:36
The Midgard Saga

https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/asleka/Scan4.jpg

The setting is ancient Norway. The petty kings and Jarls of Hordaland with their retinue are gathered at Gulating to discuss the matter of a blood feud that is depleting two of their kingdoms.
This blood fued is staged by the Jotun as a tribute to Hel. They seek her good will in a recent event involving an important Jotun trapped in her realm of death.

A few Jotun has infiltrated the entourage and will try to kill all the lords at this gathering to stir up things further.

In this game I will introduce a new feature: Holmgang.
This is the classic Viking way of duelling. Usually it will end with first blood, but since there is a feud going on, the stake is until death.

The Roles:

6 Lords – this will be the Jarls and petty kings of Hordaland
3 Jotun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jotun) – the Mafiosi
Pro-town roles
Townies (various roles in the retinue of the lords)

The Jotun’s main object is to kill the 6 lords + any pro town roles. If they are able to do so they will win.
Needless to say there will be twists and it will not be too easy for the Jotun to kill off these lords.

The Rules:

Dead may post but not vote.
No screenshots of my pm … alas you might try to claim a role by either quoting pms or making one up. There will be no standard roles in this game, hence claiming to be a detective or a doctor is a clear lie. All roles are within the Norse realm.
It is not allowed to reveal your role if you are dead, you can however reveal your role at any time whilst being alive (do so at your own risk).
Roles that require sending pms will do so at their discretion. However there will be a deadline. If they get sent in after that deadline they will not be used for that round.
The timer starts when I post my: “The game has started”. I will send my pms and you will return pms if you role requires it. In short; you have 24 hours to pm me after I start the game.
There will be 24 hour sessions between every intermission. i.e. between the posting of the night kills and the posting of the lynching and then again until the next kill post.

Voting: use the standard. i.e.
Vote: Sigurd
Unvote: Sigurd Vote: Sasaki.

Holmgang: (passage of arms, lit.transl: walk the islet)
The new feature of Holmgang is conducted thus;
After every lynching and in the intermission before the next night, you have the opportunity to challenge another player to a duel. Alas the first Holmgang will be conducted after the first killings and the first lynching.

There will be some sore feelings after the lynching since someone’s cook or serf man got executed. Others might gloat and smirk. This will generate a little disturbance at Gulating and the normal way of settling this is by Holmgang. If you want to challenge another player do this:

Challenge: Sigurd.

The first 6 challenges will be considered and by the randomness of a die one will be picked.
Players can not spam challenge.. only one challenge pr. player will be added to the list of possible Holmgangs (usually the first).
This Holmgang will be narrated with the kills the following night.
One of the combatants will usually die.
Every role will get a Holmgang stat that will determine the outcome of such a duel. Old War Veterans will get higher stats than a serving man or a groom. Jarls or Champions will get higher stats than a War veteran etc.
There is still luck involved and a serving man might still be able to get in a lucky shot at a Champion and exit victorious. On a rare occasion there might be a tie. If such is the case both will survive.
You will not be able to conduct two Holmgang in succession. You will lose some blood during such a duel and you will need to rest during the next Holmgang session. Luckily you all suffer from Viking sickness and will recover quickly. No honourable Viking will challenge a player in his resting. If someone does – that challenge will not be considered.

This is one of the large games… not as large as Capo di tutti Capi

Even though we have 30+ players, I will not start this until Sunday at 21:00 GMT+1 (this is 14:00 Central)

Signed in:
Kagemusha
Tom Hagen
Sir Moody
Kralizec
Ichigo
Stig
ByzantineKnight
AndresTheCunning
Caius Flaminius
Seamus Fermanagh
Sasaki Kojiro
Husar
Sir Boo
KukriKhan
Reenk Roink
GeneralHankerchief
Proletariat
HughTower
Destroyer of Hope
Lord Motep of Kendermore
Discovery1
pevergreen
Redleg
JimBob
CountArach
Warluster
Dutch_guy
Orb
Alexander the Pretty Good
Omanes Alexandrapolites the Idiot
Crazed Rabbit
sapi

The Midgard Saga Wiki:

Holmgang:
The ancient way of solving disputes, two combatants was put on a small islet to fight each other. The first to draw blood usually won. However when angry it is often hard to restain yourself and the result could often be one or two deaths.

Gulating:
a Viking Parliament (Ting) on the west coast where lords gathered to pass laws and settle larger disputes.

Jotun:
the Mafia of the Midgard saga. They are supernatural creatures and can shape shift. Whilst being in a human form they lose a little of their giant strength, but are still a force to be reckoned with. They are long-lived just as the Norse Gods but can be killed. Many of them have magical or other supernatural abilities.

Jarl:
Earl or petty king.

Viking sickness:
Hemochromatosis

Kagemusha
02-01-2007, 12:41
Sign me in.Sounds very intresting.:2thumbsup:

Don Corleone
02-01-2007, 12:45
Yeah, no kidding. Sounds like a lot of fun. But what are Jotun?

Sir Moody
02-01-2007, 12:48
There will not be signups for this until it is my turn.
I am just giving you a taste of what to come…

erm sigurd your number 2 in the queue so it is your turn...

1.Seamus's Capo de tutti something
2. Sigurd

so sign me up :laugh4:

Sigurd
02-01-2007, 12:58
Alright.. I didn't realise it was my turn.
Hmm, this calls for finalising my game a little earlier than I thought.
It can be done...

The signups will be recorded.

Sigurd
02-01-2007, 13:02

Was that a sinup DonC ?

This is a Jotun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jotun)...

Kralizec
02-01-2007, 13:17
I'd like to join.

How many people do you have planned for this game, SF?

Csargo
02-01-2007, 14:23
In!

Stig
02-01-2007, 14:26
Me is in

*nods*

ByzantineKnight
02-01-2007, 14:39
I'm in

Andres
02-01-2007, 14:43
Sign me up please.

:viking:

Caius
02-01-2007, 15:32
In!

I will not able to play until next week

Seamus Fermanagh
02-01-2007, 16:21
SIggy:

My game is moving into the end-game phase now. I supspect it has less than 10 days to run. Assuming I am at or near completion, I would like to participate here.

Start date picked yet?

Seamus Fermanagh
02-01-2007, 16:22

The "bad guys" of Norse mythology. Most were depicted as giants, often with fearsome magical prowess as well.

Don Corleone
02-01-2007, 16:31
Was that a sinup DonC ?

This is a Jotun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jotun)...

Of course!!!

Sasaki Kojiro
02-01-2007, 17:00
In.

Husar
02-01-2007, 17:15
Inside.

Sir Boo
02-01-2007, 17:31
Sign me up please

KukriKhan
02-01-2007, 17:33
May I play, too?

Please be gentle - it's my first time, Sir. :)

Reenk Roink
02-01-2007, 17:59
Siggy - F my boy, this seems like a game I can understand. :yes:

Love the theme too, I'm planning to make my game a themed version as well. :2thumbsup:

In. :smiley:

GeneralHankerchief
02-01-2007, 18:25
Yeehah!

In.

Proletariat
02-01-2007, 18:31
Looks fun! And welcome aboard, Kukri!

innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Don Corleone
02-01-2007, 18:34
Looks fun! And welcome aboard, Kukri!

innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Looks like Freyja herself has deigned to join this one.

Caius
02-01-2007, 18:50
When this will start?

KukriKhan
02-01-2007, 19:14
Looks fun! And welcome aboard, Kukri

:bow:

When this will start?

He wrote that he seeks 30+ players, so it could be awhile.

HughTower
02-01-2007, 19:59
Yes please - looks amusing.

Lord Winter
02-01-2007, 22:03
In!
Should have more time then I did for Seamusu's game now, I was extremely busy durring that week

Motep
02-01-2007, 23:35
I will join!

discovery1
02-02-2007, 00:25
I don't know what's going on, but I'm in.

pevergreen
02-02-2007, 00:34
sounds good, in.

Redleg
02-02-2007, 00:37
Go ahead sign me in - that damn Pannonian has gotten me addicted.

JimBob
02-02-2007, 00:53
In like Flinn.

CountArach
02-02-2007, 05:39
In! I must have more Mafia!

Sigurd
02-02-2007, 09:41
The game should start Sunday at around 21:00 GMT+1
I will spend the weekend finalising the pm's and the game mechanics.
The sign in will last until then...

I hope you will enjoy this one.

ByzantineKnight
02-02-2007, 10:11
Lol, I already don't have a life, I love Mafia!

Warluster
02-02-2007, 10:15
I am in!

Dutch_guy
02-02-2007, 16:09
Why not ! :2thumbsup:

:balloon2:

Orb
02-02-2007, 20:18
In :thumbsup:

02-02-2007, 20:22
Need more dramaz.

In.

Sigurd
02-03-2007, 13:39
... Updated ...

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-03-2007, 15:50
In!

Csargo
02-03-2007, 17:35
We've got exactly thirty players right now. Come on more people sign-up!

Crazed Rabbit
02-03-2007, 20:23
What they hey, I'm in.

CR

Csargo
02-04-2007, 03:33
Bump

sapi
02-04-2007, 06:14
If there's still room, i might as well give it a try

Sigurd
02-04-2007, 11:13
10 Hours to start....

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-04-2007, 11:15
10 Hours to start....
I can't wait - I need something a little less complex to releive the stress of CTDC!

pevergreen
02-04-2007, 11:16
Score! That means I can find out tomorrow in form!

Sigurd
02-04-2007, 19:06
Two hours to start...

Commencing randomised role election phase

Sigurd
02-04-2007, 21:06
Round 1

https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/asleka/Scan4.jpg

The entourages of the Jarls and Kings were greeted by an old man at Gulating. He gave each of the lords the blessing of Odin and introduced himself as the Hovgod that would conduct this session at Gulating. The Lords was a little baffled at seeing such an old Hovgod. Usually they were young and handsome. There was a strange light in the eyes of the old man but wisdom radiated from them.

The old man raised his voice when all had arrived.
“Welcome Kings and noble men, sons and daughters of noble men, the men and women in service of noble men, soldiers and others. Time is pressing and we are gathered here to settle a dispute between two Kingdoms. The kings in these two kingdoms are here. Likewise a third king who will mediate between the two. Every king has brought one of his Jarls as an advisor. Is this correct?”

There was a unison “Correct” from his audience.
“Good” said the old man and while he turned to leave added: “You know what to do”.
The Kings with their entourage knew. They were to set three camps in this area; the disputers furthest away from each other and the mediator in the middle.
The rulers didn’t know each other by face and this was what was wanted. The Kings and their Jarls would walk, sleep and dine with their commoners, because at the Ting all were equal. Also this would avoid the Kings being targeted and killed in their sleep by lawbreakers. It was against the law to murder when in session at a Ting. Other petty disputes could be solved with a Holmgang.

The Game has begun…

When you get your PM’s and if your role needs to send me a PM
You have until tomorrow at 21:00 GMT+1 to send it (deadline)

Good Luck People and Play nice!!!

Csargo
02-04-2007, 22:59
"hello there thrall, pick that bucket up. I don't want to see you spilling good oatmeal like that again"

Csargo
02-04-2007, 23:32
CHALLENGE: SASAKI KOJIRO

Crazed Rabbit
02-04-2007, 23:44
Lol.

CR

Sasaki Kojiro
02-04-2007, 23:46
challenge:sasaki Kojiro

Do you by any chance have 6 fingers on your left hand?

Crazed Rabbit
02-04-2007, 23:47
*sits back, eats popcorn*

CR

Csargo
02-04-2007, 23:50
Do you by any chance have 6 fingers on your left hand?

No.................................................................................................. .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... ...........I have four and a half.

Sigurd
02-04-2007, 23:54
challenge: Sasaki Kojiro

The rules states that a Holmgang will not take place until after a night with kills and a day with lynching. Ergo your challenge will not be considered at this time.
Please try again then.

Stig
02-04-2007, 23:56
So this is night, isn't it?

Csargo
02-04-2007, 23:57
The rules states that a Holmgang will not take place until after a night with kills and a day with lynching. Ergo your challenge will not be considered at this time.
Please try again then.

Like I didn't already know that Sigurd you told me that before I posted it. You know I was just making sure he was ready for it.:beam:

Sasaki Kojiro
02-05-2007, 00:03
Like I didn't already know that Sigurd you told me that before I posted it. You know I was just making sure he was ready for it.:beam:

If you knew what my dueling number was you wouldn't be smiling.

Sigurd
02-05-2007, 00:04
I am just making sure no others follow your foot steps and spam my game :whip:

Csargo
02-05-2007, 00:05

Your too serious. You must be scared your number isn't high enough to beat mine. I AM A GOLDEN GOD!!!

Husar
02-05-2007, 00:06
That depends on his duelling number as well, he might have even be laughing hard if he knew it.:2thumbsup:

Sigurd
02-05-2007, 00:06
So this is night, isn't it?
Yes it is... until 21:00 GMT+1 tomorrow

Stig
02-05-2007, 00:07
Vote: Sasaki

So we won't have to fight him ~D

Motep
02-05-2007, 00:09
Im kinda lost here...:sweatdrop:

Sasaki Kojiro
02-05-2007, 00:13
That depends on his duelling number as well, he might have even be laughing hard if he knew it.:2thumbsup:

I suspect that to be the case :laugh4:

pevergreen
02-05-2007, 01:04
This is confusing....my duelling number seems high..what is high? 20? 30?

ByzantineKnight
02-05-2007, 04:50
Yay! Started!!

Csargo
02-05-2007, 05:35
I am just making sure no others follow your foot steps and spam my game :whip:

First you complain no one's posting then you say I spammed your game even though I got people to post. That's just wrong.:dizzy2: :bigcry: :thumbsdown: :sweatdrop: :no: :furious3: :mean: :end: :guitarist: :guitarist: :argue: :huh: :iloveyou:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-05-2007, 08:00
BTW guys, the game really starts when those that have to confirm themselves do so to Sigurd.

CountArach
02-05-2007, 08:08
Can we get a confirmation what the deuling numbers are like? What is the highest and lowest?

pevergreen
02-05-2007, 09:12
That might make it too easy.

sapi
02-05-2007, 09:56
/walks out into the open, looks around, then turns and mournfully resumes lurking

Sigurd
02-05-2007, 10:26
BTW guys, the game really starts when those that have to confirm themselves do so to Sigurd.
Well... only if your role dictates that you need to send me a private message (herafter called PM). All others only need to read their Pm (yes... I sent 32 of them).

*three people need to read their pm* :yes:

Sigurd
02-05-2007, 10:31
Can we get a confirmation what the deuling numbers are like? What is the highest and lowest?
Not a chance...
Holmgang is risky business and you never know what your oponent is capable of. He/She might be faking a injury but then when the time comes, the one you thought easy prey will kill you with a well placed thrust of their sword.
You can only hope a Valkyrie will pick you up and carry you to Valhall. :beam:

pevergreen
02-05-2007, 10:45
This game is set to be confusing.

The 3 Jotun want the Kings dead?

In that case, go Kings!

Sir Boo
02-05-2007, 17:40
Im SOOOO confused i thought the julton work for the kings?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-05-2007, 17:41
No, Sir Boo. I beleive that the Jotun want the Kings dead - it's part of their victory conditions, I think?

02-05-2007, 18:57
Let's get cracking at those giants. :2thumbsup:

Dutch_guy
02-05-2007, 20:25
Im SOOOO confused i thought the julton work for the kings?

The Jotun are the mafia this game, and the kings are simply a few townies with a badge - in my understanding at least.

Sigurd
02-05-2007, 20:58
https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/asleka/RuneStoneNight1_5.jpg

The night had fallen on this first day of the Ting. Three camps had been built and soon weary men and women found their rest in tents and gapahuk. Some of the old war veterans just lay on the ground.
When every last one of them had fallen asleep three shadows arose from amongst them walked a little away and conferred. One of them returned to where it had slept and settled in. The remaining two walked in quick strides over to the Hordaland camp where they suddenly changed into what seemed to be trolls. Large and grey skinned with shining black hair and hulking bodies. Their eyes shone in a yellow hue just as cats do when they sneak around in the night.

In that Camp Sir Moody slept next to his Frankish sword. He was very proud of that sword and he had honed it that night. He barely awoke as he was hoisted into the air by a very strong hand around his throat. His brain never registered the pain as his neck broke by a quick twist of another strong hand.

The other shadow moved towards Destroyer of Hope who apparently dreamt of the beautiful serving wenches he had left behind at the last Longhouse they had visited because he slept with a smile. He never noticed the looming shadow over him and felt only the pain in his heart as he in his dream had to leave those two lovely blondes behind. The stab in his heart was real enough and was a Broadsword going right through his body penetrating his heart. He was soon surrounded by lovely women again. In fact he sat behind one on her horse. What was weird was that the horse was flying high over the ground.

As the morning broke it was soon discovered that two men in the Hordaland camp had been murdered during the night. The entourage of King Eirikr was in an uproar. This was clearly the work of King Sulke’s men those treacherous Rogaland bastards. That they had dared taking this blood feud to the Ting was astonishing. They went straight to the Hovgod with their complaint. The old man seemed calm as they in quite colourful words described what had befallen the poor men of Eirikr and that it must have been some poor excuses of pig’s droppings from Rogaland that were the culprits.
The old man raised a hand and they stopped the verbal abuse of the other kingdom.
“You say the first man had a broken neck?” They answered yes. “That would not be the common way of murdering a sleeping man. Wouldn’t it be easier to just stab him in the heart?” Again they answered affirmatively. “I have looked into this feud and listed to the tales from your entourages. Some of these murders seem to have been performed by supernatural powers. Well, tales tend to spin and they will get worse by each pass. I shall ponder this. Gather all the men here and meet me at the Ting meeting place. I will be next to the Rune stone.

The men from the three camps gathered at the meeting place in a large half circle around the large rune stone.
As promised the old Hovgod was already there waiting and he stood still until all was gathered. “Greetings men and women from the three kingdoms of Hordaland, Rogaland and Sogn, there was an unfortunate incident this last night were two men from Hordaland was killed. This is in total breach of the customs when gathered at a Ting. This cannot go unpunished. However I have reviewed the tales from both Hordaland and Rogaland and something is amiss. I am sorry to say that I think someone has set you two kingdoms up against each other. Further I believe this someone is here amongst us.” The crowd started mumbling and even shouting. “How can this be?”, “It surly is those bastards from Rogaland!”, “You are even bigger bastards Hordaland!”. Things nearly got out of hand. The old man cut trough the noise with a booming voice enhanced by magic. “Enough fools!!! … It will be as I say.
The murderers have most likely infiltrated us and it could be any of you. The only way we will be able to solve this is if we put forth our suspicions and have a democratic vote. The most suspicious here with the most votes will either meet Odin in his halls or face Hel where the evil go.” The crowd cheered when they heard the last bit. They all eagerly awaited their place at the table of Odin."

“Now go and discuss good people. Bring me the most suspicious man or woman tomorrow at this place."

Csargo
02-05-2007, 21:12
Vote:Sasaki

Meh, he's always guilty.

Seamus Fermanagh
02-05-2007, 21:33
Ichigo having begun the "day" with its now traditional opening, we may turn to business.

1. We have little concept of how the roles stack up. We cannot calculate whether a "No Lynch" vote would be of value, even if such is permissable.

2. The two victims are:

a) experienced players as are most on the list

b) not known for frequent posting. Destro tends toward the lurker side in most contests.

c) different in the "tone" of their kill descriptions. Destro's adios implies that he was a good guy or regular townie -- there is no indication of a positive reward for the soul of Sir Moody

3. We need to create dialogue. I've started, now let's hear from

Vote: Sasaki Kojiro

Csargo
02-05-2007, 21:38
Disco has been having an obsession with Broadswords lately. Probably a frame attempt, but who knows.

HughTower
02-05-2007, 21:47
My understanding is that there are just three bad guys- the Jotuns, right?

Anyway, no lurkers yet, no clues, but Seamus has just bandwagoned Sasaki, using Ichigo's ritual as cover, & if any man has got steam to let off, he has after moderating the 7th Circle of Hell that must be CdiT, so why don't you talk about yourself for a moment or too?

Vote: Seamus

PS Sorry for the ridiculously long sentence back there...

Tally:

Sasaki - 2 (Ichigo, Seamus)
Seamus - 1 (HughT)

Crazed Rabbit
02-05-2007, 21:52
Vote: Ichigo

A chat room regular, and might try to frame Disco, but more importantly, a vote on Sasaki for no reason (though his vote, and my vote will probably soon be withdrawn).

CR

Csargo
02-05-2007, 21:58

A chat room regular, and might try to frame Disco, but more importantly, a vote on Sasaki for no reason (though his vote, and my vote will probably soon be withdrawn).

CR

Kagemusha
Tom Hagen
Sir Moody
Kralizec
Ichigo
Stig
ByzantineKnight
AndresTheCunning
Caius Flaminius
Seamus Fermanagh
Sasaki Kojiro
Husar
Sir Boo
KukriKhan
Reenk Roink
GeneralHankerchief
Proletariat
HughTower
Destroyer of Hope
Lord Motep of Kendermore
Discovery1
pevergreen
Redleg
JimBob
CountArach
Warluster
Dutch_guy
Orb
Crazed Rabbit
sapi

plus there are a lot of people who come in every couple of days including you CR.

Motep
02-05-2007, 22:05

CR

You have to understand. There are several regulars to the chat room so it is foolish to hound on one who knows what many do. Also, it is customary for Ichigo to vote sasaki...he does it in every mafia game and will likely do it untill the end of the org. I will withhold my vote unless persuaded otherwise.

Crazed Rabbit
02-05-2007, 22:09
Ya, I guess you're right. I'm going to let it stay on Ichigo for a while, I don't think anything will come of it.

CR

Don Corleone
02-05-2007, 22:13
SIgurd's trying to tell us the MANNER of death is important. He made it clear in the story, then had the old geezer reiterate that while one was stabbed, the one getting choked was unusual. I also find it odd that only 2 kills were perpetrated, not three. Looks like a Jotun missed the deadline on PMs.

Vote: Pevergreen (with a close eye also on CR)... cheering for the town so early on.... why?

Don Corleone
02-05-2007, 22:16
In fact, let's make this interesting.

Challenge: Crazed Rabbit (to complement my vote).

Sigurd, it probably would have helped if you had let us know who our teammates were in our PMs. I have no idea if I'm challenging a kinsman or not...

Edit: Never mind. Until I can figure out who's in my clan and who isn't without putting myself at a disadvantage, I'm not issuing any challenges.

Sigurd
02-05-2007, 22:25
Sigurd, it probably would have helped if you had let us know who our teammates were in our PMs. I have no idea if I'm challenging a kinsman or not...

that my friend would have been a seriously unbalanced game...

Dutch_guy
02-05-2007, 22:26
[B]

CR

Although we should by no means base a lynch on such evidence as that Frame attempt intends to do, we should keep an eye on those who might have known of Disco's love of the broadsword. It's an interesting piece of the kill description, perhaps a frame, perhaps a clue.

I am of to bed now.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-05-2007, 22:33
Kagemusha
Ichigo
Caius Flaminius
Husar
GeneralHankerchief
Proletariat
Lord Motep of Kendermore
Discovery1

So at least one of these people is mafia?

Vote:GeneralHankerchief as the most likely to attempt a frame, FoS:Ichigo for being the first to bring it up.

Just how often has Disco mentioned this broadsword thing? Could be someone who just happened to pass through.

Seamus Fermanagh
02-05-2007, 22:34
Interesting point on the emphasis of manner of death.

The unusual nature of the neck breaking received emphasis, while the other form of death -- the stabbing -- was clearly presented as the "normal" choice.

This suggests one death as "supernatural" -- jotunnish?

This implies the other death was "normal" -- serial killer, random killing?

Hugh had called upon me to talk. Fair enough, since that was my vote's call for Sasaki.

For me, the normal route to a townie victory is to analyze the available data: kills, votes, posting content/frequency/variation.

I'm on track so far, though the evidence is limited.

For me, the normal route for a mafia victory is to appear to do the above, but the threads don't quite come together -- meanwhile killing people.

Were I the "mafia" this time, I wouldn't have taken down either of those as targets. I would have aimed for someone with a tradition of backing off participation after death so as to curtail interaction (e.g. Caius, Kralizec, Prole -- possibly Hanky, though sometimes he's active while dead and sometimes not).

I voted for Sasaki because:

1. I love his bandwagon smilie, which comes out on these occasions.

2. He won't be lynched this round, even if I forget to change my vote.

3. Pretty much everyone in the .org is aware that even were he to die it would affect his play only a little.

Tally:

Hankerchief = 1 (Sasaki)

pevergreen = 1 (Hagen)

Sasaki = 2 (Ichigo, Seamus)

Seamus = 1 (HughT)

Sasaki Kojiro
02-05-2007, 22:35
Ichigo having begun the "day" with its now traditional opening, we may turn to business.

1. We have little concept of how the roles stack up. We cannot calculate whether a "No Lynch" vote would be of value, even if such is permissable.

2. The two victims are:

a) experienced players as are most on the list

b) not known for frequent posting. Destro tends toward the lurker side in most contests.

c) different in the "tone" of their kill descriptions. Destro's adios implies that he was a good guy or regular townie -- there is no indication of a positive reward for the soul of Sir Moody

3. We need to create dialogue. I've started, now let's hear from

Vote: Sasaki Kojiro

What makes you think you have to vote me to get me to say something? You know I'll comment anyway, so your vote was not needed if that was your only intention.

For me, the normal route for a mafia victory is to appear to do the above, but the threads don't quite come together -- meanwhile killing people.

Were I the "mafia" this time, I wouldn't have taken down either of those as targets. I would have aimed for someone with a tradition of backing off participation after death so as to curtail interaction (e.g. Caius, Kralizec, Prole -- possibly Hanky, though sometimes he's active while dead and sometimes not).

Interesting, so the chose of kills proves your innocence you say?

I voted for Sasaki because:

1. I love his bandwagon smilie, which comes out on these occasions.

2. He won't be lynched this round, even if I forget to change my vote.

3. Pretty much everyone in the .org is aware that even were he to die it would affect his play only a little.

Number 2 and number three conflict. You say I won't die and then you go on to explore the possibility of my death while making light of the lynching of a pro-townie. I will keep playing, but we often can only afford to lynch 4 or 5 townies. Carelessness in such matters is suggestive.

VVhttps://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5050/emotbandwagonqr2.gifVV

Seamus Fermanagh
02-05-2007, 22:39
What makes you think you have to vote me to get me to say something? You know I'll comment anyway, so your vote was not needed if that was your only intention.

Answered above. What you say is very likely true, and the likelihood my vote will finish upon you is small. Please unearth the smiley!

Seamus Fermanagh
02-05-2007, 22:44
Well, Sasaki, as you know, I cannot prove my innocence any more than any other poster at this stage of play. Any vote pick, barring a mess-up by one player, is essentially random at this point.

I'm not even sure that my death would prove my innocence, since I haven't got a handle on all of these roles yet.

Why don't you switch votes from Hanky to me and see if my death clears anything up.

Skoal! Thanks for the wagon smiley!!!!!

Motep
02-05-2007, 22:46
Nevermind...Sasaki posted it

Don Corleone
02-05-2007, 22:49
Is there any motivation for the 3 clans to work among themselves? That is, is it a simple matter of the the 3 clans, collectively, form a town? Or, are the 2 warring clans supposed to try to eliminate each other in addition to killing off the Jotun?

Sasaki Kojiro
02-05-2007, 22:49
Well, Sasaki, as you know, I cannot prove my innocence any more than any other poster at this stage of play. Any vote pick, barring a mess-up by one player, is essentially random at this point.

I'm not even sure that my death would prove my innocence, since I haven't got a handle on all of these roles yet.

Why don't you switch votes from Hanky to me and see if my death clears anything up.

Skoal! Thanks for the wagon smiley!!!!!

Not true, I've been in plenty games where mafia were lynched day 1. Often the people who say "it's all random really" are mafia trying to avoid giving an opinion, see Ducky in "Interficio".

Why do you suggest I switch votes from hanky to you?

Andres
02-05-2007, 22:54
It is a known fact that Ichigo's vote will always be on Sasaki. It's sort of a joke, an Csar/Ichigo-tradition. This is common knowledge. So HughTower has a point when he says Seamus is just looking for an excuse to vote Sasaki.

He stated he voted Sasaki to make him talk. We all know that if there is one mafia player who will always post in the thread, no matter what his role is, it is Sasaki. So voting him to make him talk is not convincing.

He also became almost immediately defensive, posting "if I were mafia, I wouldn't have picked those targets".

Asking to get lynched to prove one's innocence can be bluffing.

On the other hand, the game has just started and maybe Seamus was just unlucky in his choice of words. For now I'll vote abstain. I'm going to wait how this thread develops. But I'll be watching you, Seamus :inquisitive:

Vote : Abstain

Csargo
02-05-2007, 22:54
Kagemusha
Ichigo
Caius Flaminius
Husar
GeneralHankerchief
Proletariat
Lord Motep of Kendermore
Discovery1

So at least one of these people is mafia?

Vote:GeneralHankerchief as the most likely to attempt a frame, FoS:Ichigo for being the first to bring it up.

Just how often has Disco mentioned this broadsword thing? Could be someone who just happened to pass through.

Those are the chat regulars. About half the game are in the chat every couple of days. That's been his name when he joins the chat for around a week now.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-05-2007, 22:58
Those are the chat regulars. About half the game are in the chat every couple of days. That's been his name when he joins the chat for around a week now.

Unvote

Csargo
02-05-2007, 23:01
Unvote

My vote will stand until I can prove your innocence or someone more suspicious comes along. FYI.

Redleg
02-05-2007, 23:04
Not enough time to truely think through the scenerio of the deaths. The information being based out seems based upon pure guesswork - In otherwords more information is needed.

Vote:Abstain

Sasaki Kojiro
02-05-2007, 23:04
My vote will stand until I can prove your innocence or someone more suspicious comes along. FYI.

That's a cop out. Don't want to pretend to look for mafia?

Csargo
02-05-2007, 23:07
That's a cop out. Don't want to pretend to look for mafia?

Well, your just as likely as anyone else to be mafia at this point in the game so I'll stick with you for now.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-05-2007, 23:21
Well, your just as likely as anyone else to be mafia at this point in the game so I'll stick with you for now.

Do you advocate doing things by random chance?

Sir Boo
02-05-2007, 23:40

If i was to vote all i would do was bandwagon as there is no reely evidence pointing to anybody. We have no clue atm at all too whether a No lynch will be benefitial or not so i would prefer not to vote, however if any reely evidence does apear i will imedietly change my vote.

GeneralHankerchief
02-05-2007, 23:41
Vote: Abstain

I'm sick, I'm tired, I can't think straight and I have to go out later tonight.

Motep
02-05-2007, 23:50
Yes, Seamus. Why is it that you want Sasakis head on a platter so badly? There has been no action of his so far to condone such actions. So, Talk.

Vote: Seamus

Orb
02-05-2007, 23:53
Vote: Motep

I feel like it. Really thinking is too much effort for me at the moment.

Motep
02-05-2007, 23:58
Vote: Motep

I feel like it. Really thinking is too much effort for me at the moment.

And why is it that you vote me, hmmm? Because I vie for logic raher than blindly throwing the dart?

Unvote; Vote: Orb

Husar
02-06-2007, 00:08
I'm unsure about my candidate.

Seamus seems to jump on Csar's choice while Sasaki doesn't give a good reason either.
I'm leaning towards Seamus but I will give it a while until i decide, someone else may turn up crying "lynch me, lynch me!"

Csargo
02-06-2007, 00:14
Do you advocate doing things by random chance?

Sure why not. Not like there's anything better to go on at this point.

I'm sure that's what you want me to say ~;) So what was your vote for GH?

Sasaki Kojiro
02-06-2007, 00:21
Sure why not. Not like there's anything better to go on at this point.

I'm sure that's what you want me to say ~;) So what was your vote for GH?

I had the impression Disco had mentioned it a couple times in chat, not changed his name to it.

Motep
02-06-2007, 00:22
I had the impression Disco had mentioned it a couple times in chat, not changed his name to it.

I beg to differ

Sasaki Kojiro
02-06-2007, 00:23
I beg to differ

uhh, on your knees then

~:confused:

Csargo
02-06-2007, 00:26

Well that still doesn't say why you voted GH. Just a random guess I suppose. Seems you've done the same thing I did.:shocked:

Motep
uhh, on your knees then

~:confused:

oh, very funny... (it kinda was :laugh4: ) Disco has been calling himself broadsword for a few weeks

Andres
I was in the chat like 30 or 40 minutes ago. Disco called himself "Broadsword". Ichigo was there too at that time. Just my two cents :2cents:

Either he is one of our killers or somebody (wasn't it Ichigo who brought this up?) is trying to frame him.

I also noticed Sigurd was present in the chatroom too, so maybe he already knew about Disco's new nick name and it inspired him for his write-up.

I don't know what to think. Should I vote Disco, because he uses the name 'Broadsword' in the chat, or should I vote Csar/Ichigo, because he mentioned it and he's trying to frame Disco...

Csargo
02-06-2007, 00:31
I was in the chat like 30 or 40 minutes ago. Disco called himself "Broadsword". Ichigo was there too at that time. Just my two cents :2cents:

Either he is one of our killers or somebody (wasn't it Ichigo who brought this up?) is trying to frame him.

I also noticed Sigurd was present in the chatroom too, so maybe he already knew about Disco's new nick name and it inspired him for his write-up.

I don't know what to think. Should I vote Disco, because he uses the name 'Broadsword' in the chat, or should I vote Csar/Ichigo, because he mentioned it and he's trying to frame Disco...

I was reading at the time I wasn't around plus the fact that Disco's been using that nick for atleast a week it not more.

Really Andres do you think I'm that stupid? I guess you do.

Andres
02-06-2007, 00:39
I was reading at the time I wasn't around plus the fact that Disco's been using that nick for atleast a week it not more.

Really Andres do you think I'm that stupid? I guess you do.

Well, maybe you think we are all convinced that you are not that stupid. Thus we would not suspect you trying to frame Disco in such a clumsy way. And therefore you might actually be trying to frame him, because you hope we would believe you because we don't believe you are that stupid.

:juggle2:

Gah, this is confusing.

I'll stick to Abstain and see what happens. But I'm watching you Ichigo. And Disco.

Alot of watching to do...

Sasaki Kojiro
02-06-2007, 00:40
Well that still doesn't say why you voted GH. Just a random guess I suppose. Seems you've done the same thing I did.:shocked:

Yes it does.

1) Disco rarely mentions that in chat
2) The mafia must be a chat regular
3) GH is most likely to try a frame

Makes perfect sense. Number one being false makes it useless of course. Although GH is still likely to try a frame, a number of other people are as well.

Csargo
02-06-2007, 00:46
Well, maybe you think we are all convinced that you are not that stupid. Thus we would not suspect you trying to frame Disco in such a clumsy way. And therefore you might actually be trying to frame him, because you hope we would believe you because we don't believe you are that stupid.

:juggle2:

Gah, this is confusing.

I'll stick to Abstain and see what happens. But I'm watching you Ichigo. And Disco.

Alot of watching to do...

Yea alright whatever you say Andres.:dizzy2:

Oh and Sasaki sure I bet that's it. I wouldn't have mentioned it if weren't a reoccuring thing.

pevergreen
02-06-2007, 01:11
Wow this is confusing...
Still a bit lost.

Sir Moody
02-06-2007, 01:21
joy i had another long life :laugh4: - i tells ya they are all out to get me!!!

Stig
02-06-2007, 01:23
Vote: Motep, for counter voting

02-06-2007, 01:28
Vote: General Handkerchief - is that a spicy meatball on that bandwagon I see?

Csargo
02-06-2007, 01:30
Vote: General Handkerchief - is that a spicy meatball on that bandwagon I see?

Ummm, what is that?

Stig
02-06-2007, 01:38
Vote tally:
Sasaki 2 (Ichigo, Seamus)
Seamus 1 (Hughtower)
Ichigo 1 (Crazed Rabbit)
Pevergreen 1 (Tom Hagen)
Motep 2 (Orb, Stig)
Orb 1 (Motep)
Hanky 1 (AtPG)
Abstain 4 (Andres, Redleg, Sir Boo, Hanky)

HughTower
02-06-2007, 01:44
Well, Seamus did me the honour of responding - even if it was a series of meaningless bullet points dressed up as some form of cerebral analysis - so I'll respond accordingly.

Unvote: Seamus

And to pick a self-admitted lurker to kick off my campaign,

Vote: sapi

What say you, Bruce?

EDIT: Wahay! 100 up!

Csargo
02-06-2007, 01:46
Unvote:Sasaki
Vote:AtPG

His vote makes no sense to me.

Csargo
02-06-2007, 02:07
Where's everyone at?

Proletariat
02-06-2007, 02:10
His vote was clear enough. He was plainly bandwagoning.

Crazed Rabbit
02-06-2007, 02:19
For my honor:
unvote: Ichigo
vote: GH

And because he's one to try a frame on a chatroom comrade.

CR

ByzantineKnight
02-06-2007, 02:26
Vote: Drisco

The Broadsword thing could be true, he could be using reverse psycology...

Pending Change

ByzantineKnight

Husar
02-06-2007, 02:29
Sasaki is very focused on that kill description, isn't that a bit unusual?
Do you really believe that the Broadsword was only there to frame disco?
Maybe that is because you set up that frame?

ByzantineKnight
02-06-2007, 02:32

Me, lol, no.

Ichigo said that he used it as his name.

I never go to the Chatroom, how on earth would I know he used that name?

Redleg
02-06-2007, 02:32

Interesting theory - can you expand on its initial premise?

Sasaki Kojiro
02-06-2007, 02:36
^^^I've spoken out several times about not going after red herrings. It appeared this might not be, but on further information it is. It should be avoided because:

If the kill description says Osmium--anyone can have put osmium. If it says something from chat--only someone who goes to the chat room could have put it. As it turns out, the number of possible people is too large to be of any value. I haven't been in chat for weeks.

People tend to accuse others of being framed or framing, when anyone could have done the frame.

Husar
02-06-2007, 03:02
People tend to accuse others of being framed or framing, when anyone could have done the frame.
Well, with such things as psychology, reverse psychology, reversed reverse psychology, reverse reversed reverse psychology, reversed reverse reversed reverse psychology etc, anyone could have put a frame there. Someone could just as well have read a post from disco somewhere indicating that he likes broadswords. Or someone could have figured that norsemen liked broadswords(since they do in Gothic 3 and I know that, someone used reversed reverse reversed reverse psychology to frame me, really!) and simply put that into the kill description, maybe it was even Sigurd who put the broadsword in there because the killer didn't specify the kill method...

And ByzantineKnight, I was adressing Sasaki...the last one who was that eager to defend himself(CountArach in GHs mini mafia) turned out to be a mafioso.

Redleg, I remember Sasaki usually went for flaws in posts and users' logic etc. It was just a bit unusual for me to see him go after a kill description with that much ferocity, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Redleg
02-06-2007, 03:22
Redleg, I remember Sasaki usually went for flaws in posts and users' logic etc. It was just a bit unusual for me to see him go after a kill description with that much ferocity, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Interesting. Something to add to the development of my own theories.

I've spoken out several times about not going after red herrings. It appeared this might not be, but on further information it is. It should be avoided because:

If the kill description says Osmium--anyone can have put osmium. If it says something from chat--only someone who goes to the chat room could have put it. As it turns out, the number of possible people is too large to be of any value. I haven't been in chat for weeks.

Is this suppose to be a defense to the arguement present by Husar? It does not necessarily seem so on the surface, it seems to be more of an attempt at re-directing one's focus off of you onto someone or something else.

This tactic in the last two games has served you well, but you have also demonstrated the major weakness in this type of arguement, and both cases it has been shown to be true. Is this third attempt at this type of arguement I have seen from you, going to bear similiar fruit? Abject denial and redirection normally can be associated with an attempt to hide guilt of one's own actions, are you the rotten apple that seeks to spoil the whole barrell?

Now while I found both arguements interesting - I still do not have enough information to formulate a theory about who was behind the murders, but your (Sasaki's) attempt at redirection bears closer examination so that one can determine your(Sasaki's) actual intentions.

ByzantineKnight
02-06-2007, 03:24
And ByzantineKnight, I was adressing Sasaki...the last one who was that eager to defend himself(CountArach in GHs mini mafia) turned out to be a mafioso.

Sorry...

GeneralHankerchief
02-06-2007, 03:27
I would just like to point out that I have never seen Disco mentioning broadswords, he's always been AERO for the past few weeks or so, at least whenever I've been in the room.

Ordinarily this would look like a frame orchestrated by Csar, but since a few other people have confirmed it I guess I'm still lost.

ByzantineKnight
02-06-2007, 03:30
I would just like to point out that I have never seen Disco mentioning broadswords, he's always been AERO for the past few weeks or so, at least whenever I've been in the room.

Ordinarily this would look like a frame orchestrated by Csar, but since a few other people have confirmed it I guess I'm still lost.

Those few other people might all be mafia (or whatever they are called)

Sasaki Kojiro
02-06-2007, 03:35
Interesting. Something to add to the development of my own theories.

Is this suppose to be a defense to the arguement present by Husar? It does not necessarily seem so on the surface, it seems to be more of an attempt at re-directing one's focus off of you onto someone or something else.

This tactic in the last two games has served you well, but you have also demonstrated the major weakness in this type of arguement, and both cases it has been shown to be true. Is this third attempt at this type of arguement I have seen from you, going to bear similiar fruit? Abject denial and redirection normally can be associated with an attempt to hide guilt of one's own actions, are you the rotten apple that seeks to spoil the whole barrell?

Now while I found both arguements interesting - I still do not have enough information to formulate a theory about who was behind the murders, but your (Sasaki's) attempt at redirection bears closer examination so that one can determine your(Sasaki's) actual intentions.

I do address it. He proposes a difference in my behavior. I counter with the explanation of how the situation is different. I could also counter with the fact that I was more interested in Seamus as should be evident upon reread.

Clearly if only 8 people knew of the broadsword reference and one of them was mafia, and out of those 8 one was known for framing, they would be a good day one vote--to see what GH responded with. Have you ever seen me stick to my first vote on day one?

Husar's suggestion that it was my attempt at frame--I argued against.

Redleg
02-06-2007, 03:50
I do address it. He proposes a difference in my behavior. I counter with the explanation of how the situation is different. I could also counter with the fact that I was more interested in Seamus as should be evident upon reread.

I theorized that your up to the same arguement tactic as the last two previous gatherings, and that both times the conclusion is that you were the rotten apple that wanted to spoil the whole barrel. Now while I am not readly to proffer that theory to the community - I am willing to state that your arguement bears close watch given your nature. If you misunderstood that statement to mean anything other then that - then we must examine the nature of your assumptions about what the statement meant. Again I ask myself what is Sasaki attempting to hide?

If a member of the esteemed gathering came up and stated that they saw you change into one of the Jotun proir to the death of Sir Moody I would be questioning them about how much they had to drink before drifting off to sleep. But since that wasn't stated I will not pursue such a course. I only pursue the course that is present, and that is why the attempt at redirection?

Clearly if only 8 people knew of the broadsword reference and one of them was mafia, and out of those 8 one was known for framing, they would be a good day one vote--to see what GH responded with. Have you ever seen me stick to my first vote on day one?

Not enough gatherings behind my belt to make that call either way. My arguement address the style of your response, not your voting pattern. An analysis of your voting pattern might be useful - but since I am posting during a break at work - I will have to wait awhile for such a task.

Husar's suggestion that it was my attempt at frame--I argued against.

With a redirection - which is what I am addressing given the nature of your previous arguements at other gatherings. (gatherings can be taken to mean other mafia games - but keeping it in this game context - gatherings it is.)

So while not enough evidence is available to make a conclusion about your activities during the night - your responses bear careful evaluation, as you bear close observation during this nights repast.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-06-2007, 04:19
Oh, I see you've joined the "Sasaki is always suspicious" club. The nature of my argument is the same as when I was mafia because I pretend to be town when I'm mafia. This is me.

Csargo
02-06-2007, 04:26
Unvote, Vote:Redleg

Though there is a lot of substance in Redleg's posts, they seem to me to be more let's kill Sasaki then let's find the mafia, but that's just my opnion. :shrug:

Redleg
02-06-2007, 04:47
Oh, I see you've joined the "Sasaki is always suspicious" club. The nature of my argument is the same as when I was mafia because I pretend to be town when I'm mafia. This is me.

Not at all - I am questioning your use of redirect versus answering the question. I am pointing out that in the last two gatherings you have used this same tactic and it has been shown that you are the posion apple when you use this tactic.

Now if I wanted to join the "Sasaki is suspicious" club instead of voting abstain, I would of automatically voted for you.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-06-2007, 04:51
Not at all - I am questioning your use of redirect versus answering the question. I am pointing out that in the last two gatherings you have used this same tactic and it has been shown that you are the posion apple when you use this tactic.

In the last two gatherings I posted, I voted people, and I used the word "the". I was also mafia. The first three don't imply the last.

Redleg
02-06-2007, 04:59
Unvote, Vote:Redleg

Though there is a lot of substance in Redleg's posts, they seem to me to be more let's kill Sasaki then let's find the mafia, but that's just my opnion. :shrug:

And your logic is as flawed this time as it was the last gathering. Notice that there has been no vote by me other then to abstain. So if I my desire was to proffer Sasaki for the lynch in order to remove him from the gathering I would have alreadly done so. So your conclusion is false. Your opinion is as unsound as the logic displayed.

You are not demonstrating any logic - only a reactionary vote. Is this to hide your own guilt from last nights activities?

Where you the jotun that went back to sleep because of your shame at taking human form? Should the gathering assume from your illogical attempt at stating I only want to lynch Sasaki, that you are indeed a Jotun attempting to distract the gathering with falsehoods, especially given that I have not offered any such opinion as of yet? Why are you so interested in defending an individual who has demonstrated the last two gatherings that he does not have the communities best interest in mind?

I find you leap into the converstation interesting, do you care to expand upon your false conclusion some more? How does my arguement demonstrate that all I want to do is "kill Sasaki?" Sasaki himself did not leap to such a conclusion - he makes the assumption that, "Oh, I see you've joined the "Sasaki is always suspicious" club."

My statements only indicate that I question his arguement based upon the last two gatherings. It seems once again you leap to unsound conclusions based upon your own fears and past actions.

What are you attempting to hide Ichigo?

discovery1
02-06-2007, 05:00
Vote: Sasaki cuz Csar told me to.

Umpa lumpa!
HEY GIANTS CAN'T TOUCH THIS! DO DO DO DO DO DO DO

Redleg
02-06-2007, 05:02
In the last two gatherings I posted, I voted people, and I used the word "the". I was also mafia. The first three don't imply the last.

That still does not address the issue in that you chose to quote.

Again the statement is; I am questioning your use of redirect versus answering the question. I am pointing out that in the last two gatherings you have used this same tactic and it has been shown that you are the posion apple when you use this tactic.

Now if you do not understand the nature of the logic or the statement then state simply you do not know where I am going with my logic. Your attempt at redirecting the conservation versus responding to the statement is a tell from the two previous gatherings.

Again it makes me ask - what is Sasaki attempting to hide.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-06-2007, 05:08
Redirect implies that I did not answer the initial question. If I answer the original and start something else, that is a new direction.

Csargo
02-06-2007, 05:11
And your logic is as flawed this time as it was the last gathering. Notice that there has been no vote by me other then to abstain. So if I my desire was to proffer Sasaki for the lynch in order to remove him from the gathering I would have alreadly done so. So your conclusion is false. Your opinion is as unsound as the logic displayed.

You are not demonstrating any logic - only a reactionary vote. Is this to hide your own guilt from last nights activities?

Where you the jotun that went back to sleep because of your shame at taking human form? Should the gathering assume from your illogical attempt at stating I only want to lynch Sasaki, that you are indeed a Jotun attempting to distract the gathering with falsehoods, especially given that I have not offered any such opinion as of yet? Why are you so interested in defending an individual who has demonstrated the last two gatherings that he does not have the communities best interest in mind?

I find you leap into the converstation interesting, do you care to expand upon your false conclusion some more? How does my arguement demonstrate that all I want to do is "kill Sasaki?" Sasaki himself did not leap to such a conclusion - he makes the assumption that, "Oh, I see you've joined the "Sasaki is always suspicious" club."

My statements only indicate that I question his arguement based upon the last two gatherings. It seems once again you leap to unsound conclusions based upon your own fears and past actions.

Removed because it seemed to bother Redleg.

Redleg
02-06-2007, 05:17
Redirect implies that I did not answer the initial question. If I answer the original and start something else, that is a new direction.

That would be correct assumption on the course of my arguement.

So we return to the initial statements.

I've spoken out several times about not going after red herrings. It appeared this might not be, but on further information it is. It should be avoided because:

Notice that there are three questions that were in Husar's initial statement. Nowhere do I see a direct answer to two of them, just a redirection on the last. So once again I am back to the question - what is Sasaki attempting to hide?

Redleg
02-06-2007, 05:19
Removed

Csargo
02-06-2007, 05:24
So you have resorted to attempting to make things personal - illogical anger at a response normally is associated with one's guilt in some activity that they wish to hide.

So once again Ichigo what are you attempting to hide? So poorly I might add.

Ahhhh you confuse anger with humor my friend. I ment nothing by anything in that post it's just there to make me laugh cause I thought it would be funny. I'm sorry if you confuse anger with humor I can't help that.

If it offends you in anyway just tell me and I'll take it down.

Ichigo

KukriKhan
02-06-2007, 05:30
So 6 pages, and over 150 posts. Ichigo, Sasaki Kojiro and Redleg dominate the input.

Hence one (or more) of them is guilty. Or so they want you to think.

Ichigo always accuses Sasaki, Sasaki always dissembles, Redleg always pursues like a pitbull.

= no conclusion, just the normal start of a normal game, with the normal guys doing the normal things.

I suspect the 3 are in cahoots, and have planned this little drama, to throw us off.

because he lit the fuse. If my conspiracy theory is correct, he is the most dangerous to innocent bystanders/ citizens, as the most likely of the three to lash out randomly in retribution, therfore a danger to all.

Redleg
02-06-2007, 05:34
Ahhhh you confuse anger with humor my friend. I ment nothing by anything in that post it's just there to make me laugh cause I thought it would be funny. I'm sorry if you confuse anger with humor I can't help that.

If it offends you in anyway just tell me and I'll take it down.

Ichigo

The clue was that you made it personal - that should inform you of how I took it. You call it humor - I call it personal. Personal attacks normally are a result of anger, and in this case illogical anger since I have not attempted to derail your arguement with spam, I have demonstrated that your arguement is unsound. I did not state that it offends me, just pointed that it was an illogical response normally associated with anger. Hince the wording of the initial statement.

Have I made an arguement directed at your person, or at your arguement?

Redleg
02-06-2007, 05:36
, Redleg always pursues like a pitbull. .
Thats why when I was in the Army - my commander alway chose me to do Reports of Survey and sit on Article 32 hearings. That and the odd Summary Courts Martial when I was a batter commander.

Pursue the arguement until you get to the truth.

Csargo
02-06-2007, 05:57

You seem to put a lot on emphasis on the fact that you haven't voted Sasaki. How that matters is beyond me. Would you really need to vote Sasaki to lead the town around in circles and get him lynched? The answer is no to that question. You never really proved my logic wrong or that it was unsound. That point is useless here.

Yet again you question the logic behind my vote. I have nothing to hide from you our anyone else.

Oh right, no personal attacks on my character. The fact that you have stated over and over that Sasaki's post resemble the one's from previous game's and he's a bad, rotten, or whatever apple doesn't state that you think he is guilty? You put too much emphasis on the past rather than looking at right now. What makes this game the same as the other two? Am I supposed to go right and say well because Sasaki was guilty the last two games and his post's resemble the one's from last game he must be guilty now!

Well what am I supposed to sit here and watch you two go at it? Nah, that's not my style I'de rather get in on the action and have some fun.

He's a bad apple, his posting seems the same as the last two game's where he was guilty, etc. Indeed it seems you have joined the club with all the things you are saying.

It seems to me that your trying to lead the town astray from our objective which is to kill the mafia.

Is that what you wanted?

Ichigo

Csargo
02-06-2007, 06:01
So 6 pages, and over 150 posts. Ichigo, Sasaki Kojiro and Redleg dominate the input.

Hence one (or more) of them is guilty. Or so they want you to think.

Ichigo always accuses Sasaki, Sasaki always dissembles, Redleg always pursues like a pitbull.

= no conclusion, just the normal start of a normal game, with the normal guys doing the normal things.

I suspect the 3 are in cahoots, and have planned this little drama, to throw us off.

because he lit the fuse. If my conspiracy theory is correct, he is the most dangerous to innocent bystanders/ citizens, as the most likely of the three to lash out randomly in retribution, therfore a danger to all.

That point is useless since we have the most post's every game it seems.

I lit the fuse. I started discussion, that is what I started Kukri. If discussion is bad for the town then I'll just suicide myself right now and call it a game.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-06-2007, 06:09
That would be correct assumption on the course of my arguement.

So we return to the initial statements.

Notice that there are three questions that were in Husar's initial statement. Nowhere do I see a direct answer to two of them, just a redirection on the last. So once again I am back to the question - what is Sasaki attempting to hide?

The other two are inconsequential. The other possibility for broadsword-randomness or disco himself. Disco himself I consider unlikely, randomness is unlikely given the theme. For the other, he asks me if I attempted the frame i.e. am I mafia. You say, by avoiding answering that I am hiding something. If I was mafia why would I try to redirect from that question when a simple "no" would suffice?

I'm concerned that we are too tightly focused. 31 players but right now it's all you me and Ichigo. Kukri suggests that it is a show put on by all three of us. Could be, but that pre assumes that we are scum. More likely the mafia made a couple posts or have just lurked.

Redleg
02-06-2007, 06:17
You seem to put a lot on emphasis on the fact that you haven't voted Sasaki. How that matters is beyond me. Would you really need to vote Sasaki to lead the town around in circles and get him lynched? The answer is no to that question. You never really proved my logic wrong or that it was unsound. That point is useless here.

Ah but again that was not your initial statement now was it? You accused me of "Though there is a lot of substance in Redleg's posts, they seem to me to be more let's kill Sasaki then let's find the mafia, but that's just my opnion"

Now how is asking questions an indication that I want to kill or lynch Sasaki? And actually until know your logic was unsound but I will let you determine how it was.

Yet again you question the logic behind my vote. I have nothing to hide from you our anyone else.

Is not the basis of the game based behind the logic of how one votes and how they interact? Sasaki avoided answering two questions directly and went on a tangent with his actual answer - that seems to me to be an attempt to redirect.

Oh right, no personal attacks on my character. The fact that you have stated over and over that Sasaki's post resemble the one's from previous game's and he's a bad, rotten, or whatever apple doesn't state that you think he is guilty? You put too much emphasis on the past rather than looking at right now. What makes this game the same as the other two? Am I supposed to go right and say well because Sasaki was guilty the last two games and his post's resemble the one's from last game he must be guilty now!

Ah but Sasaki mentions his past behavior - so it becomes fair game. And your last statement does not address my arguement at all. Again the question is not is Sasaki guilty now - but what is Sasaki attempting to hide? If I thought he was guilty at this time - I would take a different tact with my arguement.

Well what am I supposed to sit here and watch you two go at it? Nah, that's not my style I'de rather get in on the action and have some fun.

So when jumping into the frying pan did you at least place some butter in it so that you do not stick?

He's a bad apple, his posting seems the same as the last two game's where he was guilty, etc. Indeed it seems you have joined the club with all the things you are saying.

Sure I believe at this time he has something that he is hiding, hince the statement, What is Sasaki hiding? We all have something to hide right now don't we?

It seems to me that your trying to lead the town astray from our objective which is to kill the mafia.

Not at all - I am trying to establish some baseline arguements of some of the more vocal individuals. The reason should be obvious.

Is that what you wanted?

Ichigo

Sure arguements that have substance work for me in evaluating claims futher down the game.

Redleg
02-06-2007, 06:21
The other two are inconsequential. The other possibility for broadsword-randomness or disco himself. Disco himself I consider unlikely, randomness is unlikely given the theme. For the other, he asks me if I attempted the frame i.e. am I mafia. You say, by avoiding answering that I am hiding something. If I was mafia why would I try to redirect from that question when a simple "no" would suffice?

That's a better answer to the question posed.

I'm concerned that we are too tightly focused. 31 players but right now it's all you me and Ichigo. Kukri suggests that it is a show put on by all three of us. Could be, but that pre assumes that we are scum. More likely the mafia made a couple posts or have just lurked.

Well now that my question is answered - I no longer need to focus on what you are currently attempting to hide, but on what Ichigo was attempting to hide with his change of vote to me.

Csargo
02-06-2007, 06:41
Ah but again that was not your initial statement now was it? You accused me of "Though there is a lot of substance in Redleg's posts, they seem to me to be more let's kill Sasaki then let's find the mafia, but that's just my opnion"

Now how is asking questions an indication that I want to kill or lynch Sasaki? And actually until know your logic was unsound but I will let you determine how it was.

No, it wasn't that was more of a summary of my thought's at the moment I posted it. It's not the fact that your asking question's so much as it's the reasonings behind those questions that you ask. You infact did bring up the last two games not Sasaki.here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1417925&postcount=145) and here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1417942&postcount=150) You use them as the baseline of your arguements.

Is not the basis of the game based behind the logic of how one votes and how they interact? Sasaki avoided answering two questions directly and went on a tangent with his actual answer - that seems to me to be an attempt to redirect.

Yes, it is but it seemed to me that you were putting all the emphasis on how you hadn't voted Sasaki to try and prove that you weren't going after him. While that doesn't infact prove that you want him lynched it seems so to me.

Ah but Sasaki mentions his past behavior - so it becomes fair game. And your last statement does not address my arguement at all. Again the question is not is Sasaki guilty now - but what is Sasaki attempting to hide? If I thought he was guilty at this time - I would take a different tact with my arguement.

No, that is false, your the one who brought up the facts about the last two games not Sasaki.

So when jumping into the frying pan did you at least place some butter in it so that you do not stick?

I would never jump into a frying pan.

Sure I believe at this time he has something that he is hiding, hince the statement, What is Sasaki hiding? We all have something to hide right now don't we?

Well really we're all hiding something whether it be that we're mafia, townies, or some other role.

Not at all - I am trying to establish some baseline arguements of some of the more vocal individuals. The reason should be obvious.

Si.

Sure arguements that have substance work for me in evaluating claims futher down the game.

Glad I could help.

Unvote:Redleg

I think I've gotten the answer's I was looking for. Seems I didn't quite understand where you were coming from. :bow:

Redleg
02-06-2007, 06:50
No, it wasn't that was more of a summary of my thought's at the moment I posted it. It's not the fact that your asking question's so much as it's the reasonings behind those questions that you ask. You infact did bring up the last two games not Sasaki.here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1417925&postcount=145) and here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1417942&postcount=150) You use them as the baseline of your arguements.

Both are trumped by this post

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1417611&postcount=102

No, that is false, your the one who brought up the facts about the last two games not Sasaki.

See referenced link to post 102, he brought it up - hince its fair game.

I think I've gotten the answer's I was looking for. Seems I didn't quite understand where you were coming from. :bow:

Not a problem. Glad to clear it up for you.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-06-2007, 07:00
Past games are always fair game in my mind.

I don't believe someone who has something to hide would be posting quite as much as Ichigo. He could easily have never jumped into this argument. Also, mafia often act more like they have something to prove ("towness") while the cop/doctor wants to hide something.

I see your approach Redleg, but I'm more a fan of the breadth first search rather than depth first. Going depth first when in a few rounds a bunch of people will be dead isn't efficient.

Seamus I would be interested in, he's acted weird, but I didn't think he was acting weird round one of Mafia V when he was mafia and I thought he acted weird throughout Graffiti, so I'm going to put him on my innocent list.

I'm going to Vote:sapi, why post a message saying you are lurking sapi? It's interesting, because reading but not posting is much more an indicator of mafia than just not paying attention at all.

Csargo
02-06-2007, 07:01
Both are trumped by this post

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1417611&postcount=102

See referenced link to post 102, he brought it up - hince its fair game.

Not a problem. Glad to clear it up for you.

Ah, so he did. Didn't notice that before.

Thanks for clearing all that up for me. :bow:

pevergreen
02-06-2007, 08:01
*lurk*

i mean..*read*

The three of you continue to argue...while the Jotun are probably never going to kill you. You just keep incriminating each other.

bah. for now.

CountArach
02-06-2007, 08:07
Woah so much confusion when I read over that... hurts the eyes...

This seems as good a reason to vote someone as I have seen presented over these pages. No one seems to have any real evidence, just chasing after a Broadsword thing that could just be pure coincidence (Vikings + Broadswords = Not too unimaginable), perhaps it is the person's calling card or weapon of choice, etc, etc.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-06-2007, 08:16
Woah so much confusion when I read over that... hurts the eyes...

This seems as good a reason to vote someone as I have seen presented over these pages. No one seems to have any real evidence, just chasing after a Broadsword thing that could just be pure coincidence (Vikings + Broadswords = Not too unimaginable), perhaps it is the person's calling card or weapon of choice, etc, etc.

Why not present your own reason?

sapi
02-06-2007, 08:21
A very interesting development, and one to which i won't divulge my opinions yet.

Both sides have a fair case, and we can drive this arguement around in circles without discovering anything new. It's certainly worth a revisit next round though.

@Sasaki - you misunderstood me :beam: The only reason i posted what i did was to make clear that any absence of posting, regardless of role, is because of the time difference. I tried to avoid what was happening (ie people reading into things that simply aren't there)

pevergreen
02-06-2007, 08:24
I forgot about abstain :sweatdrop:

CountArach
02-06-2007, 08:35
Why not present your own reason?

Actually, that was my reason...

Sasaki Kojiro
02-06-2007, 08:40
Actually, that was my reason...

It was kukri's reason :thumbsdown:

sapi
02-06-2007, 08:43
...and naturally we can't have the same reason as someone else ?

Stig
02-06-2007, 09:25
Ofcourse not, that makes you suspicious :inquisitive:

Current Vote Tally:
Sasaki 1 (Seamus)
Pevergreen 1 (Tom Hagen)
Motep 2 (Orb, Stig)
Orb 1 (Motep)
GH 2 (AtPG, Crazed Rabbit)
Sapi 1 (Hughtower)
Drisco 1 (Byzantine Knight)
Ichigo 2 (KurkiKhan, Count Arach)
Abstain 7 (Andres, Redleg, Sir Boo, GH, Ichigo, Sapi, Pevergreen)

pevergreen
02-06-2007, 09:28
:laugh4:

It does though, but what if we get convinced?

sapi
02-06-2007, 09:31
@pever - too bad; make up another incorrect theory and stand by it :beam:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-06-2007, 10:53

There are currently no reliable leads. Actually, in any mafia game, or at least the one that I have played, CTDC, there never really are during the first day phase.

HughTower
02-06-2007, 12:52
Current Vote Tally:
Sasaki 1 (Seamus)
Pevergreen 1 (Tom Hagen)
Motep 2 (Orb, Stig)
Orb 1 (Motep)
Sapi 2 (Hughtower, Sasaki)

Redleg - you argue like you think you're Sherlock Holmes, but you actually read like Elmer Fudd. Let concision & precision be your watchwords. Please.

sapi's defense was what? He lives in Australia? So do pevergreen & Arach. Lurking doesn't help the town. No matter the timezone.

sapi
02-06-2007, 13:15
@hugh - perhaps i prefer to wait until, as omanes says, there are actually reliable leads to go on?

Public speculation helps no one - i only come out when i am sure of what i am saying

Current Vote Tally:
Sasaki 1 (Seamus)
Pevergreen 1 (Tom Hagen)
Motep 2 (Orb, Stig)
Orb 1 (Motep)
sapi 2 (Hughtower, Sasaki)
Abstain 8 (Andres, Redleg, Sir Boo, GH, Ichigo, sapi, pevergreen, omanes)

Redleg
02-06-2007, 14:46
Current Vote Tally:
Sasaki 1 (Seamus)
Pevergreen 1 (Tom Hagen)
Motep 2 (Orb, Stig)
Orb 1 (Motep)
Sapi 2 (Hughtower, Sasaki)

Redleg - you argue like you think you're Sherlock Holmes, but you actually read like Elmer Fudd. Let concision & precision be your watchwords. Please.

That is an illogical statement - one of a personal nature. So I must ask what are you attempting to hide with your personal attack on me? Are you a suspected Jotun that has been identified because of the very nature of your statement. Is this because you don't want anyone to actually review statements made and have discussion about what that individual actually meant?

If I was to take this postion that you proposed - then the precision is alreadly there - the brevity of the discussion does indeed need a little work - but by the very hostile nature of your post - well we must assume that you to are attempting to hide something from the rest of the gathering. But since its early in the gathering rethoric is as an important as brevity.

Edit: I don't think I am Sherlock Holmes - I think the way I think - I am just me. If you don't like it just place me on Ignore. If you wish to make it personal - there is always the Holmgang.

Motep
02-06-2007, 14:55
Ah screw it- Vote:Abstain

Im lost here, and i do not feel like sifting through all of these pages.

Proletariat
02-06-2007, 15:20
Man, way to early to slog through all of these opening pages.

Vote: CountArach for pretending there's 'actual evidence' in the first round.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-06-2007, 15:27
...and naturally we can't have the same reason as someone else ?

He just said he agreed, he didn't say why he agreed. It's too easy for mafia to avoid comment in that manner. Or by saying "there's nothing to go on" :stare:

Seamus Fermanagh
02-06-2007, 16:10
Welly, welly, well.

Hagen was the one who started the in-depth review of the death particulars by pointing out that the repetition of the mode of death was unusual for a "night summary" in these games.

Chaining out from that, as I did, can only lead to tentative thoughts. I remarked that one death seemed more "supernatural" than the other.

Others focused on the Broadsword issue, linking it to the chatroom and efforts to frame Disco (or that he made a mistake). Too much WIFOM to go further down that path, and Husar is quite correct in suggesting that the simplest explanation -- remember Lord Occam's shaving principle -- is that an unspecified kill order was written by Siggy as involving a broadsword -- hardly shocking in a Norse saga.

Does the manner of death and the one clearly being depicted as arising to Valhalla matter? Possibly, but we'll need at least one more "night summary" to start fleshing this out.

Kukri tried to use the post count approach to make his first round efforts less of a random essay. So far, Ichigo, Sasaki and Redleg are indeed racking up the posts here. This is, however, not unusual for them and all three get "caught up" in arguments. If we continue to see the arguments but discern that none of it is moving "forward," then we might be looking at 1 or more mafiosi using a White Noise strategy. So far, however, all three seem to be close to their baseline in posting "tone." Redleg is a terrier and doesn't back down; Sasaki is the master of verbal jujitsu, but he'll re-idrect a conversation to learn more as readily as to defend himself; Ichigo always comes off a little "frenzied" in the early rounds.

HughTower has tossed out a couple of posts with a bit of an "edge" to them, including some personal jibes. Why? Going after me for what seemed an early bandwagoning effort was fair enough, but why the shot at Redleg? Is HughT looking for a duel because he has a high Holmgang value?

Sapi, I don't like the semi-lurker thing either. Don't know enough of you as a poster to evaluate it.

For now, Unvote: Sasaki.

Purely to get someone's attention and increase the posting discussion,

Vote: Kagemusha

Totals:

Abstain = 7 (Andres, GH, Omanes, pevergreen, Redleg, sapi, Sir Boo)

GH = 2 (AtPG, Crazed Rabbit)

Ichigo = 2 ( CountArach, KurkiKhan)

Motep = 2 (Orb, Stig)

sapi = 2 (Hughtower, Sasaki)

AtPG = 1 (Ichigo)

CountArach = 1 (Prole)

Disco = 1 (Byzantine Knight)

Kagemusha = 1 (Seamus)

Pevergreen = 1 (Tom_Hagen)

Husar
02-06-2007, 16:17
Sorry...
I just told you that this kind of behaviour got a mafioso lynched and you simply continue with it.:inquisitive:

It's funny that I accepted what Sasaki said as an answer because he agreed with my thoughts while you jump on him and have a loooong argument over points I partly didn't even understand only to come to a similar conclusion to the one I had(or didn't you? so many posts...):juggle2:

That is an illogical statement - one of a personal nature. So I must ask what are you attempting to hide with your personal attack on me?
I would be careful with suspecting people to have something to hide, we started with 32 players and EVERYONE of them had a role, so even you have something to hide. Besides, you can easily end up with more suspects than actual mafia.
It's about those who have something evil to hide, they are the only ones(notice the missing apostrophe Ichigo~;) ) of importance.

Vote: CountArach for pretending there's 'actual evidence' in the first round.

No one seems to have any real evidence
He just used Kukri's argument because he could agree with it.
That may make him a bandwagoner of sorts though.

If you look back at my first quote, you may grasp the reason for the following.
Vote: ByzantineKnight

HughTower
02-06-2007, 20:22
That is an illogical statement - one of a personal nature.

Perfectly logical & perfectly personal.

So I must ask what are you attempting to hide with your personal attack on me? Are you a suspected Jotun that has been identified because of the very nature of your statement. Is this because you don't want anyone to actually review statements made and have discussion about what that individual actually meant?

To answer your questions in order:

I am hiding nothing - au contraire I am revealing my belief that your length of your posts do nothing to convey your argument. I am not a suspected, or real, Jotun. No, it is not.

If I was to take this postion that you proposed - then the precision is alreadly there - the brevity of the discussion does indeed need a little work - but by the very hostile nature of your post - well we must assume that you to are attempting to hide something from the rest of the gathering.

Why must we? That is not the sole logical conclusion, and, indeed, it is a fine example of the aphorism: "To assume is make an ASS out of U & ME". A good example of your imprecision in itself.

But since its early in the gathering rethoric is as an important as brevity.

So, to put it another way, spam is as valuable as silence?

Edit: I don't think I am Sherlock Holmes - I think the way I think - I am just me.

Imprecise again. I stated that you argue 'like you think you are Sherlock Holmes'. This is different from saying 'you think you are ....'. It is a comparative construction known as a simile, and can always be identified in English by the words 'like' or 'as'. It is descriptive in nature & should never be taken literally.

I will not deconstruct your posts again in such a fashion. I only have done this make my point about your argumentative style.

Btw, I'll see you at the OK Corral anytime you want, Big Boy:whip:

Csargo
02-06-2007, 20:42
Why the vote CA? What have I done that makes you suspect me now?

Redleg
02-06-2007, 20:55
I will not deconstruct your posts again in such a fashion. I only have done this make my point about your argumentative style.

Btw, I'll see you at the OK Corral anytime you want, Big Boy:whip:

Deconstruct away there, knucklehead, that's part of the game. However if if you want to resort to name calling I can play also. Its really a rather simple thing to do.

Right back at you with the name calling.:whip: :whip:

Sigurd
02-06-2007, 21:12
---- Voting Closed ----

GeneralHankerchief
02-06-2007, 21:12
Personally, I think all three of the major posters have just been caught up in their usual large arguments, but none of them are the Jotun. Since I've really just skimmed the thread, I'm not going to vote based on something I haven't fully dissected.

Unvote: Abstain
Vote: Crazed Rabbit

For being the second person to vote for me with no reason.

-edit- Aw c'mon Sigurd, let mine count.

Sigurd
02-06-2007, 21:15
Alright.. you just made it GH...

I will make a count of votes and write the lynch session.

Csargo
02-06-2007, 21:45
Alright.. you just made it GH...

I will make a count of votes and write the lynch session.

I do believe it's a four-way tie.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-06-2007, 21:48
I do believe it's a four-way tie.
Ah, so what happens now?

Csargo
02-06-2007, 21:50
Ah, so what happens now?

All depends on Sigurd. It's usually a re-vote.

Sigurd
02-06-2007, 22:19
The afternoon was nearly over when the retinues returned to the Hovgod by the runestone. Most were still upset about the 2 dead men that now lay at the Hovgod’s feet. A blanket covered each of them and they were ready to get their burial.

“Now?” asked the old man. “Have you talked it over and reached a conclusion?”.
The crowed seemed to quiet a little and no-one wanted to answer the old man. “Well, shall we stand here all day looking at these poor sods? You there!” He pointed a gnarled finger at a man that had GH embroidered on his cape. “What have you all decided?” The man with the cape said nothing but handed him the tally from the voting. The old man took a quick look at it and shook his head.
“I gave you a simple task and yet you have no one particular that you suspect more than another?
This only tells me that most of you didn’t want to participate. 7 of you kept your peace and 8 of you was afraid to hurt someone’s feelings by not actually placing a vote?
Then you give me a four way tie with 2 votes on each?
I am ashamed of you. I can do nothing other than send you to your beds.
But first we need to see your comrades off to a better world.
And if you didn’t catch what I just said: THERE WILL BE NO LYNCHING TODAY”.

The men and women in the crowd all looked at their feet. They had not been able to bring forth any candidates. But how could they?
There was nearly no clues and the killers hid well amongst them.
They all hoped that no-one would be killed this coming night.

The two pyres were lit and smoke rose to the sky. Hopefully those two warriors sat at the table of Odin right now, enjoying good food and drink. After, they would fight the Jotun with the other Gods and yet again have a feast to celebrate their victory.

Voting:

No vote : 7 (CF, Dutch, Jim, Kage, Kralizec, RR and Warluster)
Abstain : 8 (Andres, Ichigo, Lord Motep, Omanes, pevergreen, Redleg, sapi, Sir Boo)

GH : 2 (AtPG, CR)
Disco : 1 (ByzantineK)
Ichigo : 2 (CountA, Kukri)
Sasaki : 1 (Disco)
Crazed Rabbit : 1 (GH)
sapi : 2 (HughT, Sasaki)
ByzantineKnight : 1 (Husar)
Lord Motep : 2 (Orb, Stig)
CountArach : 1 (Prole)
Kagemusha : 1 (Seamus)
pevergreen : 1 (Tom H)

Murdered:

Destroyer of Hope
Sir Moody

Still Alive:

AndresTheCunning
ByzantineKnight
Caius Flaminius
CountArach
Crazed Rabbit
Discovery1
Dutch_guy
GeneralHankerchief
HughTower
Husar
Ichigo
JimBob
Kagemusha
Kralizec (Fenring)
KukriKhan
Lord Motep of Kendermore
Orb
pevergreen
Proletariat
Redleg
Reenk Roink
sapi
Sasaki Kojiro
Seamus Fermanagh
Sir Boo
Stig
Tom Hagen
Warluster

Pm me please... you have to 21:00 GMT+1 tomorrow (deadline)

Sigurd
02-06-2007, 22:31
Oh.. I almost forgot.

You can now challenge another player to a Holmgang...
The result will be narrated with the kills tomorrow.

Good luck!! :beam:

Csargo
02-06-2007, 22:44
Oh.. I almost forgot.

You can now challenge another player to a Holmgang...
The result will be narrated with the kills tomorrow.

Good luck!! :beam:

So we can challenge people now. Interesting.

Don Corleone
02-06-2007, 22:57
I hereby challenge Luigi de Fatlington to the Holmgang. Oh wait, he's not here. In that case, I challenge Caius Flaminius. He hasn't said one word since he signed up. Lurking will not be tolerated.

Csargo
02-06-2007, 23:07
I hereby challenge Luigi de Fatlington to the Holmgang. Oh wait, he's not here. In that case, I challenge Caius Flaminius. He hasn't said one word since he signed up. Lurking will not be tolerated.

He's on vacation.

Don Corleone
02-06-2007, 23:21
He's on vacation.

Okay, Withdraw challenge: Caius. Challenge: Kagemusha.... somebody is going to duel me. We're not letting the Jotun get a free round in.

Kagemusha is around, and he hasn't had anything to say. What's more, he's a chatroom regular, so he's suspicious on two counts.

Csargo
02-06-2007, 23:25
Okay, Withdraw challenge: Caius. Challenge: Kagemusha.... somebody is going to duel me. We're not letting the Jotun get a free round in.

Kagemusha is around, and he hasn't had anything to say. What's more, he's a chatroom regular, so he's suspicious on two counts.

You seem to be really eager to fight someone.:inquisitive: Is your Holmgang stats that high?

Sigurd
02-06-2007, 23:27
The first challenge is noted.
(a challenge is a challenge... no withdraws allowed)

Don Corleone
02-06-2007, 23:29
Never mind then. Looks like Caius and I are gonna rassle. This should be fun.

Kagemusha
02-06-2007, 23:31
Arrrrmmm...And i was just about to challenge Seamus to Holmgang, becouse his accusations. But Don old friend, ofcourse i will accept we need to get some Viking like action going on. So Challenge accepted!Im honest viking and Odin and other Gods will prove that or take me to Valhalla!:viking: :2thumbsup:Edit: Aaaargh! So if Don is busy fighting Caius il challenge Seamus Fermanagh!Let the Gods show who is the righteous!~;)

Csargo
02-06-2007, 23:32
Challenge:CA

I can't let you live.

HughTower
02-06-2007, 23:52
Challenge: Redleg

...because I hate empty promises.

And I think he called me a knucklehead. Which, at least, was concise.

Sigurd
02-06-2007, 23:54
four challenges noted:

Tom Hagen vs. Caius Flaminus
Kagemusha vs. Seamus
Ichigo vs. CountArach
HughTower vs. Redleg

Redleg
02-06-2007, 23:55
Challenge: Redleg

...because I hate empty promises.

Who made an empty promise? Not I. It seems your attempt to deconstruct my post went astray.

And I think he called me a knucklehead. Which, at least, was concise.

No thinking is necessary - it was a simple statement. Personal insults are responded with personal insults. The challenge is accepted.

HughTower
02-07-2007, 00:05
No - you didn't make an empty promise, Redleg. I would have been guilty of one had I not challenged you.

I'm not sure where I've been insulting per se. Critical & flippant, I concede, but insulting?

Do you consider 'Big Boy' to be insulting? I meant it in a mock-macho sort of manner, poking fun at the thought of settling our argument in this way. If that has caused you offence, I apologise wholeheartedly & assure you it wasn't meant in that manner.

The rest of my criticism, it goes without saying, I stand by.

Redleg
02-07-2007, 00:27
No - you didn't make an empty promise, Redleg. I would have been guilty of one had I not challenged you.

I'm not sure where I've been insulting per se. Critical & flippant, I concede, but insulting?

Do you consider 'Big Boy' to be insulting? I meant it in a mock-macho sort of manner, poking fun at the thought of settling our argument in this way. If that has caused you offence, I apologise wholeheartedly & assure you it wasn't meant in that manner.

The rest of my criticism, it goes without saying, I stand by.

Yes I have long since grown out of the "boy" stage.

So within the game I consider it an insult worthy of a Holmgang, and worthy of the type of arguement I presented back. Since you beat me to the challenge - I can only accept it.

[out of game note:]Given the mentality of the era that the game involves - "boy" probably would of resulted in a Holmgang. From my reading comments that question a fully grown man's status to be that of a boy - would result in just such a challenge. Hince I played the role.., so no I don't consider it a insult direct at me in real life. But in the game I decided to play the role[end out of game note}

HughTower
02-07-2007, 00:42
Good - in that sense, I agree, it is taunting, pure & simple.

Crazed Rabbit
02-07-2007, 00:45
Challenge: General Hankerchief

Let us settle this on the field of battle.

CR

Motep
02-07-2007, 01:09
Challenge: Orb
Thats what you get for voting me you...:furious3:

Csargo
02-07-2007, 01:11
Well that's all the challenge's that can be made this round I believe.

pevergreen
02-07-2007, 01:13
Blast...

I wanted to challange..:laugh4:

GeneralHankerchief
02-07-2007, 01:16
Challenge: General Hankerchief

Let us settle this on the field of battle.

CR

Well, looks like I'm a goner then.

I'm claiming to let everyone know that my intentions were good, and that the observations I make in the future of this game are supposed to help.

-removed on advice from others-

Probably the weakest role in the game, I don't know. But I am a good guy.

-edit- Gah, I didn't know only one challenge would be done! :wall:

Sigurd
02-07-2007, 01:17
Six challenges have been put forth and noted.
No more will be considered.
They are:

1 Tom Hagen vs. Caius Flaminus
2 Kagemusha vs. Seamus
3 Ichigo vs. CountArach
4 HughTower vs. Redleg
5 Crazed Rabbit vs. GH
6 Lord Motep vs. Orb

I shall now cast the die to see who will be fighting.

Csargo
02-07-2007, 01:19
Well, looks like I'm a goner then.

I'm claiming to let everyone know that my intentions were good, and that the observations I make in the future of this game are supposed to help.

Probably the weakest role in the game, I don't know. But I am a good guy.

Well you really didn't have to reveal GH. Sigurd's gotta role the dice still.

GeneralHankerchief
02-07-2007, 01:20
Yeah, I edited the above post a bit.

Oh well. :wall:

Motep
02-07-2007, 01:23
Yeah, I edited the above post a bit.

Oh well. :wall:

its not to late to stop most people from knowing

Sigurd
02-07-2007, 01:41
I have rolled the die...
One match of the six will be fought.

I will put the players and their stats into the Holmgang system.
The result will be revealed with the kills tomorrow.

Sleep well :laugh4:

Husar
02-07-2007, 01:55
I'm curious about the Holmgang and how it turns out, sounds like it can be a dangerous thing to do.

Seamus Fermanagh
02-07-2007, 01:57
I sought your speech, yet you would speak instead with blades?

So be it Shadow Warrior.

You will find me on my guard -- let us dance if needs be.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-07-2007, 01:58
Not a particularly succesful day one.

Motep
02-07-2007, 03:30
I sought your speech, yet you would speak instead with blades?

So be it Shadow Warrior.

You will find me on my guard -- let us dance if needs be.

I also ready my blade.

KukriKhan
02-07-2007, 04:32
Not a particularly succesful day one.

I dunno. Pretty instructive for a new guy like me. But for the regular players, maybe so. :bow:

ichigo: Nothing personal in my vote, you understand; I just thought I ought to contribute somehow to the game effort, and positively vote for someone - you seemed a good candidate, given your sort of aggressive postings. But remarks from the other players lead me to believe that that's just your style, not necessarily an indictment of guilt. If I could do it over, I'd retract my vote. Truly, there is/was little evidence of your guilt, and surely not enough to urge your death.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-07-2007, 05:00
I dunno. Pretty instructive for a new guy like me. But for the regular players, maybe so. :bow:

ichigo: Nothing personal in my vote, you understand; I just thought I ought to contribute somehow to the game effort, and positively vote for someone - you seemed a good candidate, given your sort of aggressive postings. But remarks from the other players lead me to believe that that's just your style, not necessarily an indictment of guilt. If I could do it over, I'd retract my vote. Truly, there is/was little evidence of your guilt, and surely not enough to urge your death.

I have gained an impression of several players. Most however have not been pushed at all. They must be.

Csargo
02-07-2007, 06:15

No harm, no foul. I'm more interested in CA's vote on me since it was a bandwagon vote unlike your vote. You seem to have the town's best interest in mind and you seem innocent enough, but of course I will watch you like I will be watching everyone else.

ByzantineKnight
02-07-2007, 07:32
I just told you that this kind of behaviour got a mafioso lynched and you simply continue with it.:inquisitive:

I meant sorry for the misunderstanding...

Unvote: Drisco
Vote: Tom_Hagen

I dont think anyone but mafia would like this much confusion and killing in the first round...

And the mafia probably have a very good dueling skill, a safe bet in killing someone else without much danger to yourself...

ByzantineKnight

CountArach
02-07-2007, 07:55
Challenge:CA

I can't let you live.

May I ask why you can not let me live? That really makes no sense. What threat can I possibly pose to you?

Warluster
02-07-2007, 08:00
Right now I find no clues , but several people have caught my attentiom, we have not a lot of evidence to work on right now, but hopefully more will provide it self.

02-07-2007, 08:48
All the challenges remind me of Stinkoman.

https://img263.imageshack.us/img263/9094/220pxstinkomanwm4.png

"Correct me if I'm wrong but are you asking for a CHALLENGE!?!?" :sweatdrop:

sapi
02-07-2007, 09:40
This should be interesting :yes:

To those who still think i've a hidden agenda - i realise you can only ever take my word for it, but if you see my style of play elsewhere and posting in general you'll discover that this is normal for me.

As i have repeatedly said, speculation without proof often helps the Jotun.

Andres
02-07-2007, 10:04
well well. 6 challenges! All those who challenged must have high Holmgang stats :inquisitive:

Guess they have a special role than.

So I consider all 6 of the challengers suspicious. We'll see after the night, if Tom_Hagen is still alive, I'll vote for him, since he started this chain of challenges. So I think he has pretty high stats and I'd like to know if this powerfull character is pro or against town.

pevergreen
02-07-2007, 10:13
Hmm, so one challange is to be fought, I wonder who will survive.

Seamus Fermanagh
02-07-2007, 14:18
well well. 6 challenges! All those who challenged must have high Holmgang stats :inquisitive:

So I consider all 6 of the challengers suspicious. We'll see after the night, if Tom_Hagen is still alive, I'll vote for him, since he started this chain of challenges. So I think he has pretty high stats and I'd like to know if this powerfull character is pro or against town.

I think we have to classify them as "persons of interest."

Perhaps they believe their values are high -- and that they will be successful -- because they think their roles are special/analogous to detectives/mafiosi.

To be fair, it could also be that its new and they want to give it a try.

Unless some of you have been given a basis for comparison that I have not, I do not understand this flurry of challenges. Novelty?

I have NO CLUE what is a high holmgang value and what is not. So, am I Praetorian cavalry among the peasants or a pack of screeching women going after an Urban Cohort?

Andres
02-07-2007, 14:33
I have NO CLUE what is a high holmgang value and what is not. So, am I Praetorian cavalry among the peasants or a pack of screeching women going after an Urban Cohort?

Well, I don't know about your role description, but to me it was pretty obvious that we, humble townies, should not try to challenge anyone...

If this guy shows up: :viking:

I'll have to respond like this : :hide:

Motep
02-07-2007, 14:56
Well, I don't know about your role description, but to me it was pretty obvious that we, humble townies, should not try to challenge anyone...

If this guy shows up: :viking:

I'll have to respond like this : :hide:

Okay...that was pretty funny...

Kagemusha
02-07-2007, 14:58
My reasoning for Holmgang is completely the opposite. Its half of the viking character and half becouse im a townie role and by this my survival is not needed for a victory.So im ready to die to prove my innocence in battle,while i doubt the mafioso characters are.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-07-2007, 15:30
This should be interesting :yes:

To those who still think i've a hidden agenda - i realise you can only ever take my word for it, but if you see my style of play elsewhere and posting in general you'll discover that this is normal for me.

As i have repeatedly said, speculation without proof often helps the Jotun.

There is never proof.

Dutch_guy
02-07-2007, 16:35

Well, the feature is there for a reason, simply participating doesn't exactly count as a reason to find a participant suspicious in my opinion. As has been mentioned before, Holmgang are decided by luck, basically, combined with ones skill - if any. A dangerous enterprise to say the least.